21 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   yaydod

Home made cocktails

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Summoner Name:redler
  • Server:EU (30) US (smurf)
I am wondering how to counter him, as a tank player i know how to counter most champs but him, i have no damn idea with his AS being at 2.5 with 4 items (malady, madred, merc treads and phatom dancer).

I know what your going to say "you noob you just dont know how to play" well unfortunatly for you i know how to play and in that game i was rammus (wich is my favorite champ before morgana).

I had MR (FON), AR (Thornmail) and merc treads, i still didnt last more than 10~20s under his focused fire (hell 10% of hp per hit with a moster range).
To get him i had to use a power ball+flash taunt and then DBC but he activates his bio arcane barrage and he would kill me before my team mates could get to him :s
And even then i couldn't always get to him because he had a good team, so they didnt let us aproche him.

I am in desperate need to know how to counter (as a tank) this alien bugger who came back to life [qq]

PROUD MEMBER OF THE LEAGUE OF SHADOWS

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Full credit to Phantix

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ouza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
As rammus, you're pretty much FOOOOD for him. You'd need a team mate like Trynd or Poppyto get to his face and smash him, since he has no escape move. He's damn powerful lategame.

OFFLINE   yaydod

Home made cocktails

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Summoner Name:redler
  • Server:EU (30) US (smurf)

As rammus, you're pretty much FOOOOD for him. You'd need a team mate like Trynd or Poppyto get to his face and smash him, since he has no escape move. He's damn powerful lategame.

I know thats DX thats the probleme, im used to taunt and the carrys focus on me and THEN my teams pops in but with him weeeeell.... i just hi and then oups im dead :s and of course then ennemy's team tank is still there, there support/nukers is there too so.... yeah our team gets kinda eaten by him and his ridiculus range (not even talking when he gets frozen malet [qq] )

PROUD MEMBER OF THE LEAGUE OF SHADOWS

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Full credit to Phantix

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Strategy

[LoeG] the spine of gameplay

• Moderators
  • 2016 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Summoner Name:Strategy
  • Server:EU
Akali has been the most dangerous counter against my Kog'maw.

Capable of getting into melee combat in 1 sec and then crumbling away my hp in 4 sec. Even with my boots of mobility, speed quints, phantom dancers and my Ghost, I cannot escape as she jsut ults me again.

As for rammus, just pop your shield. The damage will be reflected on me. After a few shots, I will be so stressed I will find another target fast.

One thing is certain: Stay away from a Kog'maw with Lizard buff. You will never escape him.
Posted Image
Thanks to Garona for making the sig.
For more siggies:
Spoiler

OFFLINE   BioArcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Good Kog'Maws are always tower hugging in the end, they dont have any need to go somewhere with their range of awesomeness.
A good thing to counter Kog'Maw is getting end of wisdom (the manastealing and the manaresistent is great) and having cleanse to cut him down.
Kog'Maw is very mana intensive, so the 42 lost mana per attack are very annoying.
Choose the steam!

Tommy, the Steampunk

Think ink!

Shalom the Inkarnation

OFFLINE   Noburu

Worlds best winner at losing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Good Kog'Maws are always tower hugging in the end, they dont have any need to go somewhere with their range of awesomeness.
A good thing to counter Kog'Maw is getting end of wisdom (the manastealing and the manaresistent is great) and having cleanse to cut him down.
Kog'Maw is very mana intensive, so the 42 lost mana per attack are very annoying.

You mean Wit's End.

OFFLINE   Heat n Serve

Mathcraft Master

• Administrators
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationPhoenix-ish
  • Summoner Name:Heat n Serve
  • Server:US
So many Kog threads... I played him before it was cool. [QQ]
All-inclusive Guides: How to Mathcraft | Gangplank

"in 5 minutes" Guides: Mordekaiser (Build 1, Build 2) | Galio | Jungle Malphite | Taric | Dominion Urgot

Click here to see Heat n Serve replays!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Moonblade92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationBelegrade;Serbia
  • Summoner Name:MoonBlade92

Me too,but only during the free week,I was saving my IP for rune pages.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kaiokhen

#1 Broken English

• Administrators
  • 4693 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Summoner Name:Kaiokhen
  • Server:US
The dramastic rise of kog players are increasing insanely :(

I myself have a hard counter on him as well.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Follow --- >Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < --- For Latest News

OFFLINE   Voucher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
You can try to use frozen heart as it will decrease his AS abit. Maybe add warden's mail to your build too.
Malphite is pretty good encounter to kog. Can reach him with ulti and greatly decrease his AS with FA and ground slam.

Cant remember any other item which affects AS.

OFFLINE   DirewolfGhost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
The problem is getting to him. Once you get to him he will run or die, thus stopping his dps. The ones who can do this are poppy, yi?, tryn, akali... maybe some others.
Posted Image
Posted Image<-Pentakills->Posted Image Sig by Jsta

OFFLINE   kurema

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
As Rammus? It's pretty damn tough. Your best bet is to get Raduins, Frozen Heart and Thornmail and then taunt him with defence ball curl on while popping Randuins. With his dramatically lowered attack speed from your items, you should be ok.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Moonblade92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Well I got nothing to add.Get close and he falls,mainly cause he relies on Magic DMG instead of Physical so he has no Lifesteal.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   DivineJudgment

You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3185 posts
  • Summoner Name:ItsNotRudy
  • Server:Steam

here here.

Also, Thornmail, Exhaust and getting in his face. Range is his weapon. He is squishy as hell and extremely bad at hand-to-hand melee battles. A Xin/Shaco/Jax with Exhaust will rape Kog.

As for getting to him Ghost, Flash, play a stealthfag, Katarina Shunpo, Xins slow+3talon. Or play his own game with Nidalee, throw spears from max range. Kog is slow and can't move during artillery shots.

OFFLINE   Moonblade92

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

here here.

Also, Thornmail, Exhaust and getting in his face. Range is his weapon. He is squishy as hell and extremely bad at hand-to-hand melee battles. A Xin/Shaco/Jax with Exhaust will rape Kog.

As for getting to him Ghost, Flash, play a stealthfag, Katarina Shunpo, Xins slow+3talon. Or play his own game with Nidalee, throw spears from max range. Kog is slow and can't move during artillery shots.

Those are all viable strategies,but the only way I am sure he WILL lose is if you shut him dow at all costs.Kog has a bad case of snowballing once he gets mandreds,and at a point I am usually able to kill ANYONE in 5 sec,even those who are usually my bane ( Kat,Akali,Xin,etc. ).Also he is raped by burst.Most notably Anivia.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users