Internet junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1426 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Summoner Name:Skourge
  • Server:EU
Hello there !

Well, the title pretty much gives the motive.
Lately Im finding Mordekaiser in 3/5 games, mainly in the enemy team, and it is driving me absolutely bonkers.

I just dont know how to counter him, the most I seem to be able to do is keep him at bay on a 1vs1 lane, without me ever getting to his tower, but without letting him beat mine under 75%.
Ofc, out-harrassing him or killing him is pretty much out of the question (unless he sucked ass, and even then, Im afraid it wouldnt be easy), unless you call in for 1-2 companions for a gank and you have disables with you, and well, you need a pretty thick Mordekaiser to not see that coming usually.

The worst part is that even if I manage to farm with some efficiency and not get killed, Mordekaiser ends up scrapping our team one way or another.
Ive literally only won ONE game against a team with Mordekaiser in these past week, and must have lost over a dozen.
Funnily enough, when Mordekaiser happens to be in my team, we've always won.

I cant believe simply the act of choosing a champion in the selection screen can decide matches to such an extent (or else Id think I would have seen MORDE OP cries).

So I require of your collective knowledge, WHAT must I/we do against a damn Mordekaiser ?

OFFLINE   Iduno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
When you lane against him hit him when his shield is down between creep waves, if you try to harrass him when creeps are around you will never be able to drop him past 100% as it will always take his shield down.

OFFLINE   ezaki

The laughing Swede

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
If you want to destroy mordekaiser, play with a character or make anyone in your team use Madreds Bloodrazor. It blows him up. If he is a tank that is.

If he goes warmogs / blahblahblah mallet and stuff build you can just laugh at him and blow the other teammates up cause he's literally doing nothing else than.... nothing..

Thats my advice i guess. The most hardcore counter for mordekaiser right now "and any tank" is Kog'Maw or ashe.

OFFLINE   pkRaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Summoner Name:pkRaid
  • Server:US
As morde I tend to have problems against really long ranged harassers or someone with a lot of stuns/silences. For example I got hardcore zoned by a taric/poppy combo and a kogmaw/rammus combo in my 1v2 lanes.

OFFLINE   BlazingFlare

A flare that is blazing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
Just like any other tanky champions, just build madreds and/or armor / magic penetration (for his resists). Also try dropping an ignite on him when he uses his ulti so he won't heal a lot.

Laning is a bit tricky because of his shield, but what you want to do is burst him down when no minions are around. There's no point harassing him because he has shield + natural regen. Just find a good opportunity to nuke him + call in an ally to help too. One downside to Mordekaiser is that he needs to push the lane in order to keep up his shield. This means he's extremely vulnerable to ganks and denying.
[align=center]Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image[/align]

OFFLINE   Elwins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

If you want to destroy mordekaiser, play with a character or make anyone in your team use Madreds Bloodrazor. It blows him up. If he is a tank that is.

If he goes warmogs / blahblahblah mallet and stuff build you can just laugh at him and blow the other teammates up cause he's literally doing nothing else than.... nothing..

Thats my advice i guess. The most hardcore counter for mordekaiser right now "and any tank" is Kog'Maw or ashe.

/agree i play morde and have really hard times against good kog maw, and i wont lay a hit on good ase neither, she can freeze and play hit and run to death

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Summoner Name:Smitra
If you wanna counter Morde, here's my point of view (As a new Mordekaiser, but overall player);

You wanna be;
Stunning
Kiting
Slowing
or harassing him constantly.

If you wanna harass him, you gotta do it the smart way and most likely, you wanna harass him, ONLY, if you have another lane partner that's a good harasser (You, yourself, has to be a good harasser, aswell), plus, having Mordekaisers laning partner, not to be an good harasser (E.g; Xin Zhao, Nasus etc). Other than that, you do not wanna be focusing Mordekaiser, at all, he's to hard to drop, unless you have the right power to do so.
The way I see it, from both sides, getting a Madred's Bloodrazor or having alot of stuns/silences/slows, is the best way to counter him, especially, since alot of Mordekaiser's either go with Boots of Swiftness or movement speed runes , or even Force of Nature. Also, getting him bare naked early game, is the best you can do, if you give Mordekaiser a good early game, either by getting him a kill or two, letting him farm more than any of the other 3 of you in the lane, you will have an demoloshing machine at the end.

Hope this helps, allthough it's not thought-through, since I'm semiwritingthis.

OFFLINE   MagnaKay

[spoiler]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationToulon, France
  • Summoner Name:MagnaKay
  • Server:EUW/US

Awards

Weekly War - Tier 2
AD Kat works well when laning against him. Bouncing blades eat his shield, and you can gimp his "I regenerate my life while my shield soaks the damage" attitude through healing redux.

But generally, against him, you either need fat nukes or someone with high AS and a Madred's Bloodrazor/Cleaver. He's still a pain though.
Spoiler

Posted Image

OFFLINE   FranMadaraki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

If you want to destroy mordekaiser, play with a character or make anyone in your team use Madreds Bloodrazor.

Yeah, it will absolutely destroy me. Abyssal / FoN wil really fasten my defeat.

Oh, and you will get Madred during the laning phase because you will not be starving.

OFFLINE   MirageTank

It keeps happening.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Server:US
You CANNOT beat Mordekaiser in laning phase.

If you can deny him kills in laning/early game, he becomes useless late. It is his curse.

OFFLINE   FranMadaraki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

You CANNOT beat Mordekaiser in laning phase.

I was outpushed once by Taric/Sion.

Outpushing Morde is hard (he is THE kind of 1v2) but doable. The trick is to keep him away from creep lanes and to harass him like crazy once his shield is down (although a decent Morde will not let his shield down). The very important part is to never towerdive him and to never let your health less then ~50% down, as he can usually more or less easily kill you both at this point, especially if he calls for his jungler.

Also, magic resistance.

OFFLINE   Horten

Emperor of Germany

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
I guess mediocre dot's might annoy him. (like malz and AP-teemo on the lane)

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
Mordekaiser is an overrated solo laner in my opinion. He will get decimated by most ranged champs in capable hands. At least i have absolutely zero problems with morde on my solo/mid champs (Ashe, Nidalee, Anivia).

OFFLINE   daghen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Ashe as good counter one morde? Not really. When he got an ashe who farmed well with his ulti its scary. The best counter is really madreds.

OFFLINE   FranMadaraki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

I guess mediocre dot's might annoy him. (like malz and AP-teemo on the lane)

Actually, no. DoTs are very, very negilible.
The most annoying thing ever cast on me was Time Bomb, constantly placed when my shield degraded to ~50%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users