Runes for Jax

5 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   MaxPaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi guys, im a Jax's player. Im not an OP Jax's player, im a noob (except some awesome multi kill with the Grandmaster ganked with at half HP :angel: )

At the moment i have:

Quin's attack speed +10%
Mark: attack speed +17%
Glyph: magic resist +14
Seals: armor +14

with this book, with and elixir, exaust and ignite, a good tank or stunner in lane, is great for the first 2 kills.

So, i've try to take the quin's of pen, but i don't see great difference with the Jax. I've try the crit, but i dont' see difference.
I think attack speed is a good choice for a early slow Jax.

But with Glyph and Seals? there's best runes for the Grandmaster?

PS: sorry for my english :(

OFFLINE   lilo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Really depends on how you want to build him and your playstyle. Defensive runes are good for fighters that stay in like Jax.

Whenever I mess around with Jax I use MPen for reds and quints. Dodge for yellow and mp5/level for blue
Most of your damage is magic and since AP Jax is the dominant build it makes sense. There's not much room for MPen in the item build.

But like I said, your runes should be tailored to your item build and play style. I would get away from attack speed runes though. Attack speed is not a premium stat and is very easily obtained through items (and in this case your Ult). When picking runes you want to grab valuable stats that aren't too common on items and/or are not part of your item build to keep everything well rounded. The perfect example is Armor/Magic Penetration.
Also keep in mind as the game progresses your damage and survival are more and more based on your items than runes or masteries so in some cases it's better to grab the flat bonus runes instead of per level. Good example are HP Quints. The HP/level at level 16+ is very mediocre and will virtually never save you from anything but the flat ~90 HP at level 1-5 can easily save you or let you get that extra hit in for first blood.
On the other hand, the flat mp5 runes are worthless because the mp5/level runes give more mp5 at level 4 and just pull ahead from there.

My fav Jax build: http://leaguecraft.c...aff5545a3fdb51a
Blue buff for CD reduc, boots change as needed, build order change as needed

OFFLINE   MaxPaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
yeah usually play Jax with AP item's and buy runes only for the early game :(
If the player with me in lane is a decent player i play aggressive, otherwise i play def to weaken the enemy...

usually, for first i take attack speed, for optimize Jax's ulti. When reached a decent as ratio i take the rageblade and if i can the rylai. the rest of the items according to the player...

OFFLINE   Razze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
i'm still thinking attack speed on red is very good, it gives your autoattacks and your ulti a buff. not just one of them.
and I'm just getting rageblade for attackspeed , no other item atm.
Razzee - on US Server add me!

OFFLINE   MaxPaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
really? i build the jax with a minimun of 1.6 as ratio (without rage's stacks and jax's stacks, when reached 2.4/2.5 a/s ratio)

OFFLINE   Razze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
see this guide
http://leaguecraft.c...st+Man+Standing

i'll get more attackspeed, only if theres one thats stacking armor
Razzee - on US Server add me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users