how do u counter anivia mid lane?

11 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   bananana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hello guys

im playing tristana quite often frequently and my team is letting me getting mid lane, which im not bad at most of the time.

but theres just this one champ i somehow cant counter: anivia

my style of play is to get exhaust and ignite as summoner spells and aim for a quick kill at lvl 6 or 7 when i got my ult.

by now i've figured out that exhaust isnt useful against a caster and ignite is lost upon pseudo death (i guess)

so what do u guys do if u meet a anivia in mid lane?

just play it defensively and wait for a gank? do u get some special items at extraordinary times (like boots at beginning when theres a karthus)? have some special tips for me?

OFFLINE   Kirtanei

Stalking Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2338 posts
  • LocationRødovre, Denmark.
  • Summoner Name:Kirtanei
  • Server:EU
One thing: DODGE FLASH FROST. :D

Up to level 6 the damage will be very low if you aren't getting hit by Flash Frost.

After that Anivia will have to Glacial Storm you to chill you and deal damage with Frostbite.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   errion

I'm rollin' stoned / Creativity is King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
yep just look out for the big blue ball of frost thats moving toward your location (or if its a good anivia to your supposed location)
as long as you're not chilled the Frostbite wont hit that hard.
and ult + Frostbite is "nearly" unavoidable anyways unless u can flash / jump away.

btw ... i sometimes got some problems when playing anivia to be aware of how long my "chilled" will stay on the enemy so i can Frostbite him ... i sometimes feel like i am a dumb piece of shit when i am not fast enough to Frostbite him after Flash Frost.
another sidenote ... i often use Flash Frost to harass the shit out of my laning enemy b/c they expect to get Frostbited right after and i tend to get Flash Frost at lvl 1 and then avoid to lvl it up till i got Frostbite on lvl 5 and wall on lvl 2-3 (depending if i need it to be larger earlier in the game)
this way is save a lot of mana while harrassing with Flash Frost.

Edit:
is there any way to see if your enemy is chilled ... i never really checked it, instead i counted a ~3 sec cooldown in which i can effectively Frostbite them.
[align=center]Posted Image
Jedi Mind Tricks - And So It Burns[/align]

OFFLINE   Clythez

The Guru / The Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1026 posts
The easiest way to counter anivia on mid lane as tristana is to play defensive, last hit with your explosive shot, i don't know your lvl but if you're above 20 expect people to begin to shoot at your estimated position and not your current one --> how to avoid? be unpredictable!
Is she glacial storming minions? Jump her face, she cant kill you melee.
She low on mana? Free kill unless she godt clarity
etc etc

OFFLINE   Farther Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
As far as whether your opponent is chilled, if you click on them their buffs the like should be displayed in the top left. Chilled, I believe, looks like frozen heart.

And countering Anivia really depends on who YOU are. As tristana, you should be able to poke at her from a decent range. Rocket jump can be useful for dodging flash frost, and getting in when you need to land the kill.

Classic Trist trick: wait for them to get close to your tower, rocket jump over them, then ult them towards your tower. At that point ignite and exhaust. They're basically dead.

OFFLINE   Warl0ck

Quicker than a ray of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts
  • Summoner Name:Warlock Nexus
I had the same problem as you.The thing is, she is weak when Flash Frost is dodged.So, try to keep attention when her mana is low.When she fires Flash Frost and her mana is 30%>, jump to her and try to break her egg.How to counter Anivia?Be more aggresive than her.Try it.If you cant counter her like described, get some last hits and wait for a gank.I recommend Clarity+Teleport.You will lost your carry summoner spells, but you will stay in the lanes longer.Start with Vampiric Scepter.

OFFLINE   Kirtanei

Stalking Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2338 posts
  • LocationRødovre, Denmark.
  • Summoner Name:Kirtanei
The only thing you really need to worry about in melee is a Flashfrost+Flashfrost Activate, Glacial Storm and then Frostbite.

If that Anivia has enough AP it'll easily eat through at least 50% of your HP.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Warl0ck

Quicker than a ray of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts
  • Summoner Name:Warlock Nexus
And yea, dont try to counter her stacking MR,dont ever try to stack MR against anyone, focus on your AP/AS/AD/HP build!

OFFLINE   bananana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
yeah thanks guys for ur great tips

some of them are really obvious (no mana=easy kill), i should look at their summoner spells more before the game begins.

OFFLINE   Yarias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I think the single best tip is to focus on getting last hits and not pushing the minions past the middle of the lane. The last thing you want is for anivia to have tower support or to prevent you from getting last hits.

If you aren't 100% sure you can kill the egg don't attack it if you are going to take damage from enemy creeps. Just back up and anivia will be forced to play less aggressively while the egg is down (you can see if the egg is up by looking for a buff).

OFFLINE   Siul

Frontman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Mmm, it all depends on the champion you choose. I usually play kassadin and veigar at mid and... well... she runs, runs, runs, or burnt in hell xD

In the other hand, keep out her Ulti for the shatter combo and be aggressive. She is one of the weakest champs at armor and magic resist, and also she's a squishy one so she will be afraid if you have a good haraseement or little burst. In that way, Tristana has it: you can jump from her AoE and it can be used to keep away from range and, also, you can jump near her, and burst all your stuff. Your ulti has 60secs cd, so you can jump, strike her with all (including ulti) and walk back. When she see her life under 50%... she'll think twice to be close to you.

And, remember, when the egg cracks, even when Anivia survives, the chicken goes to the oven ^^.
Broken Butterfly!!

www.myspace.com/brokenbutterflyband

OFFLINE   zYn

Quick Draw McGraw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

One thing: DODGE FLASH FROST. :P

Up to level 6 the damage will be very low if you aren't getting hit by Flash Frost.

After that Anivia will have to Glacial Storm you to chill you and deal damage with Frostbite.

This!

Most people fail to dodge flash frost and that means easy damage for anivia. Just be moving around, avoid flash frosts and play aggressive, once she misses flash frost (pre-6) she has very little damage output, and tristana easily has the advantage.
Posted Image

"Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean.........
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users