AD Janna

5 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Misslyckad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
why not ?

I have recently started to play janna in my solo queues (elo hell atm) first few days i played her strictly AP to support etc etc her AP ratios on W(Slow) and E(Shield+AD) is pretty decent 0.8 and 0.9.

The shield is awsome and the slow is good if some1 run but i dont use it for damage.

Her Q is one of the best disruption spells in the game atm in my opinion, if u know how to use it right and under pressure it can save you and your team and fuck up all these channeled aoe ultis, and that is what i use it for disruption not damage.

Her R has crap ratios but the spell is good

So to the subject, AD why not?

I have started to experiment with AD janna(i know i shouldnt in solo ranked BUT i dont fuck up the team i can still disrupt just as good as AP, only think is shield is lacking sometimes)

I dont tell any1 from the start that im playing AD cause i have noticed some ppl freak out for no reason other then they havent seen a good one or they have seen one who doesent care about the team(normal games)

I usually start of with a dorans blade, gives me hp and a little dmg for last hitting, i dont really need the ring because i dont need the mana regen and the AP doesent help me early on.

I build manamune first cause it gives me all the mana i will need in the game and it gives me a decent amount of AD

For boots i go with zerker ones(i know i know) because i dont plan on getting caught because of the speed boost on W i move fast as fuck and i can move through minions. If u get caught in lets say a gank i can either ulti and run or i will die(the cc reduction on mercury wont save me)

Next i will go for Guinsoo's Rageblade gives me damage, attack speed and a good ammount of AP for my shield

next is nashors for ap, as and cd reduction

for the most part i dont build survivability because im not in the midst of teamfights im in the back fucking their shit up with my whirlwind and if they focus me because they see me as a threat, fine ill kite and my team will kill them.

Playing this way gives me a good advantage in early laning because they understimate me, i have gotten multiple first bloods because of slow/stun combined with good autoattack damage.

Ad janna is awsome at solo pushing lanes because of the damage and the movements speed i can switch pretty fast, in team fights i support my team with shielding and disruptions and healing with my ult.

I get ALOT of hate because of this build, but i do my part as well as an AP would only i can actually help with the dps if needed and push lanes. If we lose a game its pretty much always my fault even tho random ppl run around solo and get ganked before the teamfights start, if we/I do good they say nothing but that is as usual, i guess im an easy scapegoat

TL;DR
AD Janna....why not?

OFFLINE   4iml3zZ

Professional Skillshooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey =)
at first: i never played janna, not one single time, so the following describes my opinion on my experience of her when i met her in a game.
well.. so, the main role of janna seems to be some kind of supporter. a heal, a shield, a movement buff and some disruption.
so, the thing you just described here would, how i understood it, be some kind of a kayle imitation, to increase her damage output.
i dont think it's useful, other champs can inflict way more damage, so janna should stay in her role.
anyways, good thoughts and you may write a guide on an AD janna, i guess there won't be too many already =)
[align=center]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks to Phantix for the Orbs

PROUD MEMBER OF THE LEAGUE OF SHADOWS
Posted Image

[/align]

OFFLINE   Creutzfeld

does things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Disagree,
Janna knocks surrounding enemies back and channels healing winds, restoring Effect 1 (+Character AP x 0,175) health to nearby allies each second for 4 seconds. Enemies that re-enter the storm have their movement speed slowed by 40%.

Basically it is 0,175 *4 = 0,7. 0,7 is pretty cool.

AD Janna....why not?

Because you just waste your potential. It is more like a fun build.
You give up much of your threat by going ad, since your opponents will know that your howling gale is just a short knockup with lesser damage then. AP builds hit harder and force the enemy to dodge or die.

You can go with AD, and yeah, you can pwn. But other champs will get the job done better.
Don't get me wrong, it is not like AD Janna is wortless, but it is just not as good a real janna will be.

Posted Image

[align=center][spoiler][quote='gulerodden' pid='241899' dateline='1290706697'] u know creutzfeld at some point i really wanna hit u in the face and say: grow up! [/quote] Current FOTM:[img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9972/1tetrisstampbycirruswol.gifPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thx to Kaiokhen + Cirruswolf[/spoiler][/align]

OFFLINE   Xecos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Gotta say that this is a funny build! I actually did try it out some time ago but tbh it was more a AD/hybrid... Only problem i found was that you (as said above) waste your potential. But what i did was simply trying to kite them and this really made Janna powerfull since enemy would see her weak... But you can kite and annoy 24/7 :D

It is a fun build but not really anything to take serious tbh :)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
  • Server:EU

Disagree,
Janna knocks surrounding enemies back and channels healing winds, restoring Effect 1 (+Character AP x 0,175) health to nearby allies each second for 4 seconds. Enemies that re-enter the storm have their movement speed slowed by 40%.

Basically it is 0,175 *4 = 0,7. 0,7 is pretty cool.

Im pretty sure the 0.175 is wrong.

Ok, i just started a practice game, i got x+16 with 47 AP.

So basically 0,35*4= 1,4

Thats pretty amazing.

OFFLINE   iFran

Vulpes Zerda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1538 posts
  • LocationGlorious Mother Russia
  • Summoner Name:Sir Whinesalot
  • Server:EU-East
Never get AD Janna. It doesn't work. You don't have a true steroid skill.

You can roll hybrid Janna with at most two of Nashor Rageblade Malady. Pushes towers amazingly fast, four getaway things. Everything rest must be AP or CDR or survivability.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Reaper, Reaper, that's what people call me. Why?

'Cuz they all die. When I sing, I end their lives...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users