Kassadin Masteries

18 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   OrionJA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Guys Guys, what about 10/7/13?

Archaic Knowledge, Strength of Spirit, and Meditation, and even Ignite if you use ignite (I don't). The last points in utility can go to Utility Mastery if your team can help you get blue, which will be all the CDR you could ever want.

OFFLINE   The Hound

TIMNASH

• Members
  • 1337036 posts

Awards

Mordekaiser Weekly War - Tier 2 dogtank
Early game (the portion where HP regen makes any difference at all) you have ~500 mana optimistically.

So SoS gives 1.5 health per second.

A health potion gives 10 per second and is dirt cheap, and you probably won't need more than one or two.

Late game (the portion where HP regen is useless) you are in teamfights getting bursted in every orifice and you either die or you don't.

Any tiny amount of CDR on voidwalk has a much greater chance, however small, of saving your life.

OFFLINE   Hoodwink99

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
I use the 9-0-21 for the improved exhaust and flash. People wonder why I'd get flash on Kass but 2 big reasons: he can easily run OOM fast and it gives me an instant escape if I'm hitting the low health guy in the back. Those 5 or so seconds waiting for your Ult to come back can easily be the difference in living and dying after the kill. Ult in, Q, E, dead, flash out.

Went 17-1 the other day on this build and I haven't even had THAT much practice with Kass.

OFFLINE   ejronne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Early game (the portion where HP regen makes any difference at all) you have ~500 mana optimistically.

So SoS gives 1.5 health per second.

A health potion gives 10 per second and is dirt cheap, and you probably won't need more than one or two.

Late game (the portion where HP regen is useless) you are in teamfights getting bursted in every orifice and you either die or you don't.

Any tiny amount of CDR on voidwalk has a much greater chance, however small, of saving your life.

What about ardor for the extra 4% AP?

And in addition:
Late game HP regen is not useless. On any caster that builds a mana pool like Kassadin does, it means it scales ridiculously. For instance, I played a game in which I reached 3240 mana (the other team was stupid, didn't build MR, so I was free to build 3 Archangel's Staff and get up to 900 AP as well, this is not normal at all). Yeah, not exactly a typical situation, but I had 3240 * .003 = 9.72 HP/sec + 3.19 Hp/sec from Kass's base = 12.91 HP/sec. 13 per second = almost 800 in a minute. A force of nature gives 40 hp5 + 6.5 (in Kass's case) hp1 = 77.5 hp5. With this mastery, Kassadin got 65 hp5. I fail to see how that is "useless" late game.

As the game progresses, especially as Kassadin, you're likely to attack enemy champs 1v1 in the jungle and kill them (because you can). You're going to take damage, unless they suck, a lot, in which case it doesn't matter what the hell your masteries are. Now, if you have just over 2 health regen as Kassadin's base, you're probably going to have to b if you're below half. if you have 10 because you have strength of spirit, You can go hang out with your team for a minute or so, farm some, maybe defend a turret, and in a minute and a half (the amount of time it'l take for that champ you killed to respawn and get back with his team) you'll have regained 900 HP, which is half of your health, and be ready to teamfight. You could have gone b, but the item dependent and hard-to-farm-with Kassadin benefits from sticking around and getting the extra gold, even in mid-late game.

Plus, health regen on Kassadin means that he can actually take harassment and not be forced to b all the time. In another situation, one that I have actually experienced many times, Kassadin is one of the few if not the only champ still alive on your team after a teamfight. It's not 5v1, but you're low and trying to hold a turret until your teams comes back. if you sit too long, they're going to turret dive you or harass you until you have to retreat and hand them the turret. if you have ridiculous health regen, you can stick it out longer, maybe long enough to return enough harass to drive them away or survive until your team respawns.

There are valid points that support the use of the utility tree and valid points that support the defense tree is all that I'm saying. I could say (well I guess I have already in this thread) that mana and mana regen are pointless late game because Kassadin will have so much mana that it won't matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users