Lol Addons-interface changes

17 replies to this topic

Poll: LoL should give players options to alter their interface/use add/ons (2 member(s) have cast votes)

LoL should give players options to alter their interface/use add/ons

1. Yes! I would love to alter my interface and use addons (55 votes [72.37%])

Percentage of vote: 72.37%

2. Love the changable interface, but would not like to have addons (14 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

3. the interface should be the same for every player, But I want to be albe to use addons (1 votes [1.32%])

Percentage of vote: 1.32%

4. No, both a changable interface as addons would produce unfair results in games (6 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OFFLINE   Mbutu

Loremaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hi ppl. I often wonder about the question of ´upgrading´ interfaces in games.

As most people know, in WoW you can customize your interface with addons to help you get that maximum out of you hero. for Starting players it would be an easing for learning the game, say cooldown timers so you can time your skill, and for pro players (just pickign to opposite categories) it would mean an increase in difficulty since you and your enemies can use it and utilise their character better, allowing them (and you) to generate better gameplay. On the other hand, if you don´t need certain elements of the interface, but really like to see more of the battlefield, you can leave them out and enjoy the visual enrichtment.

Now What I´m interested in, is simple: Would you like customizable interfaces/addons for LoL. Please vote and post your thoughts about your choice in the poll.

OFFLINE   errion

I'm rollin' stoned / Creativity is King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
I would love to have a customizable GUI
[align=center]Posted Image
Jedi Mind Tricks - And So It Burns[/align]

OFFLINE   RacerRalf

The Evil Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I think that the customize UI is a great idea.. I don't really like that my teammates HPbars isn't in full view, and the stupid 'target' bars are way too small imo.

but I don't like the idea about addons.. such as, when Kart should use his ulti, or a addon to tell when to use Shen's bubble etc etc.. because that'd just be a huge advantage to a few champs, and really ruin the game for a team not using those champs.. it should be left to the player to use the skills correctly, not some program.

and if we had an customizable UI, then it'd also be easier to determ when to or when not to, use such skills. because you could monitor the information about your team and the enemy team better.

just my thoughts
I'm like a random-word generator!

OFFLINE   errion

I'm rollin' stoned / Creativity is King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
something that just popped into my mind after playing some games ...
I want the option to scroll further out of the screen so I can see more of the Field of Battle :)
Jedi Mind Tricks - And So It Burns[/align]

OFFLINE   Kirtanei

Stalking Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2338 posts
  • LocationRødovre, Denmark.
  • Summoner Name:Kirtanei
  • Server:EU

something that just popped into my mind after playing some games ...
I want the option to scroll further out of the screen so I can see more of the Field of Battle :)

Definitely. I'd love that too. Requires a bit less attention on the mini-map at times if the screen would be further zoomed out.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Xanxiv

Teemo says: "Shrooms vs. Minions!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Well...I don't know if you know, but you kan Skin your Interface or replace Frames on it, you can even rescale Frames.
But AddOns would just spoil the game (just like in WoW)

I've modded my interface a bit and now it looks like that:

Posted Image

Bigger Minimap, rescaled Target Frame, replaced almost everything to give a better view of everything with one eye.
So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish!

© Gene, LCs 1st Sig-Shop owner!
Spoiler
[/align]

OFFLINE   Kirtanei

Stalking Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2338 posts
  • LocationRødovre, Denmark.
  • Summoner Name:Kirtanei
  • Server:EU

Frames on it, you can even rescale Frames.
But AddOns would just spoil the game (just like in WoW)

It would. Big time. As mentioned; Karthus. Now if you had an addon that had focus on the enemies' health and armor; calculated their effective remaining health vs. magic and had a little sound triggering when their health was low enough to be Requim'd. That'd... Suck.

But on the the topic, interface! Feed me 'dat! :)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Econael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
well the addons don't have to be for aiding single champions, they could let me draw arrows on the map for example =)

also how do you think one would make an addon which shows karthus when his enemies are low hp?
there is no way to see all of the enemies HP

there is no way to check when you should use shen's or sivir's bubble, these addons just can't be done

@Xanxiv you can easily remove the unnecessary dark stripes from your interface, I think they even implemented an ingame option for this

OFFLINE   Mbutu

Loremaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Nice going, but personally I would prefer something that would give the remaining cooldown on you rskills and spells in numbers so planning ahead would become easier. I also would love to have icons of my enemies that aren´t hidden like the icons of my allies, it would be easier to help gang, or notice when the shit hits the fan for either team. One way would be by making an addon that helps you doing this, the other would be implementing it into the game interface and giving the option of using it. the only downside tho this king of interface changes that in extremes you could lose all visibility by flooding interface changes. On the other hand, it would help when playing. It would certainly have implications for using or not.

Offcourse, we don´t want macro´s and such which would make actions go automaticly, but that would mean that an addon should be approved for by the developers or some other people to keep the game fair and balanced.

Note that the addons should give minor changes, (like I described with the cooldown example).

OFFLINE   Xanxiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

[...]

But on the the topic, interface! Feed me 'dat! :)

What exactly d'you mean? How to replace and -scale your interface? I can make a thread for that, but not today.

[...]

@Xanxiv you can easily remove the unnecessary dark stripes from your interface, I think they even implemented an ingame option for this

What stripes d'you exaclty mean? The bottom-background thingy?

Spoiler
[/align]

OFFLINE   Econael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
@Xanxiv: yes exactly

@Mbutu: the way this usually works is the devs release a programmer's API which allows modification of the UI.
if they then don't implement a possibility to get more stats than the enemy you're currently viewing, it's not possible to get info on the whole enemy team.
addons don't interfere with the core program (they're called add on for a reason :)

but this is a thing which you plan even before starting to implement a game and since riot hasn't done this, it's extremely unlikely that they'll do it now
(it doesn't fit in their micropayment system anyway; just look at how they're releasing new heroes and skins all the time but don't improve the underlying technology [which btw needs very much improvement: all those crashes and disconnects, missing replays etc.] )

OFFLINE   Stickmana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

also how do you think one would make an addon which shows karthus when his enemies are low hp?
there is no way to see all of the enemies Hp

if you find the value of enemy line in there it can be done but I love the part where YOU did look out for the low hp's make it rewarding feeling

there is no way to check when you should use shen's or sivir's bubble, these addons just can't be done

only way that I can see this to be done.....is a sound/flash when enemy projecktil is in air close to you but compare the time to just learn when to time it vs addon time...I think its way better just learn it;)

But I have not toyed with LoL folder(that much:P) but addon for skills is boring, and all the addons for "what to click because I dont understand prio system" in wow I call them "addon for the Retarded" since...you playing SIMON SAY game then-.- much cheaper than the monthly fee

GUI reskin will be nice but Hope they rather just give us a option to scale map,Border ect

OFFLINE   Xanxiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

@Xanxiv: yes exactly

[...]

But without those thingys, it looks so scattered...that's why I'm using them. I know that there's a function in the interface itself to hide that, but I like it the way it is - anyhow thx :)

[...]

GUI reskin will be nice but Hope they rather just give us a option to scale map,Border ect

You CAN reskin your GUI, you just need a program which can read *.dds-Files and a program which converts them. I used to have one, when I was a mapper in the Warcraft3-Scene but I deleted it, since I don't play wc3 anymore (or not that often as I usually did).
I can try to grad sth. up for you.
But as I know, IrfanView has at least a Plug-In so that you can watch *.dds-Files, dunno if it can also convert them.
My Photoshop can't, if it could, I'd start reskinning my whole interface, and make just for fun a Clan-Interface for the Clan I'm in.
But I think the Topic here is AddOns and noch GUI-Reskinning.

As I mentioned earlier to Kirtanei (and I think he meant the rescaling and stuff), I can make a description for that. Takes some time, since I'm german and need to translate that. If there's interest, it's no problem to do a tutorial for that.

Spoiler
[/align]

OFFLINE   Mbutu

Loremaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
@Xanxiv I didn't only mention addons, but also modifying the interface.

personally I would love to be able to photoshop my interface, to minimalise the shit i don'tneed and to tweak the things i do need.

The reason I hear most in rejection of addons, is that it could potentially damage gameplay, so that's why i said that the addons should be approved of by devs or osme other group of people who would fairly evaluate addons and to make them available through the shop for free if they wre approved.
Posted Image
credit to Garona for this piece of pure awesomeness

If affaisr went correctly, you rmother has put you on this earth with a head, occupied by a brain.
If the above applies, for the love of god please use it!
~thanks on behalf of humanity

OFFLINE   Xanxiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

@Xanxiv I didn't only mention addons, but also modifying the interface.

personally I would love to be able to photoshop my interface, to minimalise the shit i don'tneed and to tweak the things i do need.

The reason I hear most in rejection of addons, is that it could potentially damage gameplay, so that's why i said that the addons should be approved of by devs or osme other group of people who would fairly evaluate addons and to make them available through the shop for free if they wre approved.

About photoshop thingy...you don't need PS to throw away things you don't need, you only need Photoshop if you cant do reskin something. Anything other can be done without it - Replacing & rescaling.
You can only reskin if you have a *.dds-File converter.
Ah...I'm sure now, I'm going to make a thread which explains how to replace & -scale that GUI-Stuff like I did in my interface.

About the AddOns...a combat-log-addon would be nice.
I dislike the death-message and how you are killed. That's too less information. I'd like to have a bit more information about what is going on. i#m thinking of a Log like in WoW or other MMORPGs (I know, bad example...).
You have to gather the Dmg, AP and stuff, add it to spells and let the log calculate it and post it.
It would be great if there would be a tab to switch between regular chat and combat-log.

Spoiler
[/align]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users