The LoL Counterpick List

50 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Priamos

Justice will be served

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
Ok, so I thought we might start this list as a way of telling people what hero(es) to pick to counter certain champs. I'll write what I know, but I'll need some help.

Note: this isn't about buying items to beat certain champs, this is about counterpicking various champs.

Ashe:
Poppy and Akali excel at countering Ashe because of their very strong bursts.

Nidalee:
Morgana is the top Nidalee counter, simply put. Black Shield stops spears and Cougar attacks from killing you, while you can destroy Nidalee with your stronger burst.

Nunu:
Blitzcrank has 3 ways of stopping Nunu's ultimate. Honestly, if you're a Nunu, Blitz will make your life hell. Cho'Gath also annoys Nunu to no end.

Vladimir:
Mordekaiser has no problem dealing with Vladimir, in the lane or out of it, thanks to his shield. Also, his ult steals a portion of HP, and since Vlad is based on HP stacking and Morde on Armor/MR stacking, you easily outregen Vlad's damage.

Zilean:
Garen is as good as it gets to a Zilean counter. Your W can mitigate bomb damage, while your ult and Q shut down Zilean's attempts to dramatically ulti low HP people.

OFFLINE   zCryptz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Carries < Mages < Tanks < Lategame Carries

Carries die quick to a mages burst, tanks usually can live a mages burst then can fight back, lastly lategame carries are the best as they have the sustained burst rather than just a mage's burst.

OFFLINE   VenomReaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Carries die quick to a mages burst, tanks usually can live a mages burst then can fight back, lastly lategame carries are the best as they have the sustained burst rather than just a mage's burst.

You sir are correct! :)

OFFLINE   Jemrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
How is Vlad based on HP stacking?
This user is licensed to make absolutely retarded comments and Jokes because.........he has no life :P

OFFLINE   Rapi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
Teemo:
Everyone who can deal damage.

/information based on experience :<
Posted Image

OFFLINE   DrakaLeth

One with the Warp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIn the Warp.
  • Summoner Name:Draka'Leth
  • Server:US
^lol
On topic. Vlad, Mundo and lifesteal Olafs:
Trist, kat, gang, MF. These chars have abilites to reduce lifesteal and hp regen. Throw a ignite on top of that and they have to have greater then 100% to out heal these.
The Warp is my friend, It keeps me safe while allowing me to slaughter my foes. Its a Win, Win situation.

OFFLINE   Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBavaria
  • Summoner Name:Xerav
  • Server:EU
Malphit > Dps-Heroes
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Katsun

W00t!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

^lol
Trist, kat, gang, MF. These chars have abilites to reduce lifesteal and hp regen. Throw a ignite on top of that and they have to have greater then 100% to out heal these.

You sir are Wong.
Healing Reduction don't reduce Lifesteal.
It just reduce Healing(duh) and Regeneration!
And it doesn't stack... no 100% Healing Reduction

OFFLINE   DrakaLeth

One with the Warp.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIn the Warp.
  • Summoner Name:Draka'Leth
  • Server:US
Unless they changed something recently, my buddy and i tried this about a month back. him as kat, me as olaf. His dagger and ignite ecimated my ability to heal at all.
The Warp is my friend, It keeps me safe while allowing me to slaughter my foes. Its a Win, Win situation.

OFFLINE   elementawesome

Don't feed the trolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

You sir are correct! :D

THIS ^

How is Vlad based on HP stacking?

And this ^
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ceryle

Epicus Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Malphit, Rammus, Nasus > Dps-Heroes

fix'd.

Posted Image

[img]

OFFLINE   Crush

Oh snap! Right in the tailpipe!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Summoner Name:Alexpants
  • Server:EU
I'm surprised no ones said something like 'Garen counters all!' yet...

Also, Akali never really gives me much trouble when I'm Ashe...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Civil Enemy

Steven Wilson Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationStockholm
  • Summoner Name:Civil Enemy
  • Server:EU+US

^lol

i sense wrong understanding of the mechanics :D
healing reduction half the healing and regenation, and cannot stack in any way. so the ignite will only do damage, and not help in reducing the healing.

to drakaleth: and healing reduction does not reduce lifesteal or spellvamp

and on-topic: i dont think vlad has a problem facing mordekaiser. vlad can outheal the harras that morde does (morde harrases with pretty low damage), and at level 9, morde will get pushed out of the lane, because he has no chance of shielding the damage from transfusion every 2,5 sec,

and for your list, corki can be a pretty good pick against eve and twitch (due to his Q)

and rammus vs all AD carrys, and galio versus strong mages

OFFLINE   random63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Zilean in Lane:
Morgana..
Black shield just screw over who you we're bombing, she pushes harder and heals..

OFFLINE   brzoskswinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Morgana is an amazing counter to a huge host of champs. These include all champs that depend on magic damage, or magic harass. Also Physical DPSes (snare makes them look stupid). This is why she is considered a pretty valuable pick.

Much the same for Janna, who will destroy you with super long range harass, a dmg increasing shield, and super fast move-speed.

Squishies fear Singed and Blitz because a squishy in front of his minion line is a dead, dead squishy.

Vlad is a nigh unkillable mid champion (well played and with the right summoner spells ofc), however he isn't the best because his ganking is lackluster. Good champ if you have a hard CC in each side-lane.

Any healing champ, or champ with a shield is an indirect counter to champs that depend on DoTs (Malz, Morde, Trist?) or Global Ult threats like Karthus, Lux, Ezreal, Ashe.

Olaf is a great counter for those annoying CC-heavy teams. Get him fed and he will carry with ease will shrugging off those pathetic stuns, snares, and surpressions.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users