The LoL Counterpick List

50 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Waynestream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Ok, so I thought we might start this list as a way of telling people what hero(es) to pick to counter certain champs. I'll write what I know, but I'll need some help.

Note: this isn't about buying items to beat certain champs, this is about counterpicking various champs.

Ashe:
Poppy and Akali excel at countering Ashe because of their very strong bursts.

Nidalee:
Morgana is the top Nidalee counter, simply put. Black Shield stops spears and Cougar attacks from killing you, while you can destroy Nidalee with your stronger burst.

Nunu:
Blitzcrank has 3 ways of stopping Nunu's ultimate. Honestly, if you're a Nunu, Blitz will make your life hell. Cho'Gath also annoys Nunu to no end.

Vladimir:
Mordekaiser has no problem dealing with Vladimir, in the lane or out of it, thanks to his shield. Also, his ult steals a portion of HP, and since Vlad is based on HP stacking and Morde on Armor/MR stacking, you easily outregen Vlad's damage.

Zilean:
Garen is as good as it gets to a Zilean counter. Your W can mitigate bomb damage, while your ult and Q shut down Zilean's attempts to dramatically ulti low HP people.

this list has nothing to do with counterpicking.
nunu is not the only one with a channeled spell.
mordekaiser has no problem dealing with anyone.
zileans bomb damage can be reduced/absorbed by any shield/dmg reduction,same goes for nidalee.
garen will not get in the range to attack a smart zilean.
you are saying,that akali and poppy kill ashe cuz they have a burst?
okay,a corki who autoattacks ashe the whole time without getting attacked kills her in the end.that does not make him a counter to ashe.
when poppy or akali try to burst down ashe in the teamfight they have to pass 3 people before getting to her,since they are melee. have fun doing that,while being slowed by ashe.
this whole list is crap.

OFFLINE   Raikaclaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
Me and 5 of friends played a 3v3 against eachother.
our team:
Blitz (me)
Garen
Ashe

theirs:
Tryndamere
Vlad
Ashe

Im gonna spoil it for everyone, but we won after 80 minutes. It was an epic battle. The ashes died immediately ofcourse and then it was me and garen versus a vlad with GA and zonyas and tryndamere with GA and his incredibly powerfull ult. He had 2 phantom dancers, an IE, bloodthirster,... I was full tank build and I just couldnt kill him. we pushed their turrets and inhibis, no problem. But I couldnt kill tryndamere. In the end I was lucky that ashe ulted on him and we all kicked his ass while stunned and I managed to pull of an amazing ult-silence right when he was gonna ult, meaning GG for us.

My question to you guys who have more experience against tryndameres very late in game. How do u stop him? Can anyone 1v1 stop him?

OFFLINE   chaines52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
silences don't stop tryndamere's ult.

OFFLINE   Raikaclaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Not stop it, but doesnt it prevent him from using the spell till the silence wears off?

OFFLINE   chaines52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Not stop it, but doesnt it prevent him from using the spell till the silence wears off?

As far as I know, no. His ult is CC proof. I'm not entirely sure about suppression a la Malzahar/Warwick

OFFLINE   ToonBoon

:3

• Honoured Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Summoner Name:ToonBoon
  • Server:EU + US

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze

Akali thing about passing 3 champs

Because akali doesnt have a dash.

Right.

~ Facerolling through life

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Priamos

Justice will be served

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
I meant that Garen could counter Zilean's goal of supporting his team via silencing Zilean and ulting his target before Zilean could dramatically put Chronoshift on it. But yeah, if you wanted to beat Zilean head to head I would probably take Sion or Morgana.

@Waynestream: it's well known that Poppy and Akali have no problem dealing with Ashe. I advise you to play against a good Akali with your Ashe: it will make your life hell, and it will be way harder to deal with than Ryze, trust me.

OFFLINE   Nuntius Mortis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Summoner Name:Sobrero
  • Server:EU

mordekaiser has no problem dealing with anyone.

That's false.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Anarchious

I be trollin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

and on-topic: i dont think vlad has a problem facing mordekaiser. vlad can outheal the harras that morde does (morde harrases with pretty low damage), and at level 9, morde will get pushed out of the lane, because he has no chance of shielding the damage from transfusion every 2,5 sec

I don't think Vladimir can push Mordekaiser out of the lane.
Actually if he let his guard down he might as well get killed at level 6 by Ulti + Ignite combo of Mordekaiser.
At 7-9 he most likely won't lose the lane to Mordekaiser anymore because of his Q being spammable, but he also won't dominate him due to shield being permamently up.
Additionaly Mordekaiser pushes the lane like a madman and Vlad's tower will be constantly assaulted, wave after wave. If Vlad decides to tank the creeps or use pool he only makes himself vulnerable.

I've never ever been beaten by Mordekaiser as Vlad is a lane, at lvl 7 it's usually over for him and when I reach level 9 then there.s no chance for him to do anything.

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Summoner Name:Trollebus
  • Server:US
You know what a counter pick is?

Janna with Cleanse against an AoE team. You've just crushed any chance they had of syncronizing anything.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   a moron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
See a good heimerdinger on the enemy team?

Pick Malzahar.

I swear, the only person to give me serious trouble in mid is a good malzahar. Malz outranges more or less everything heimer does, and has better farming capabilities early game. His silence also prevents heimer from fighting back with a stun/rockets and malefic visions easily takes down his turrets. Also, if you're playing Flashzahar, you're guaranteed a kill or two.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Varulfen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Summoner Name:Varulfen
  • Server:EU
Fiddle gets countered by
- Janna, just push him away when he crowstorms
- any invisible (especially eve, she can stun him while channeling)
- Wards
- Kog'maw (if he scouts frequently)
- Teemo (SHROOMS OF DOOM)
- roots/stuns while in crowstorm
- physical DPS-Champs (lowest base armor in the game)
- Tanks taking his crowstorm while the rest of their team runs (rammus has just to taunt him)

I'm not quite sure if thats all...But I love playing Fiddle!

OFFLINE   Civil Enemy

Steven Wilson Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationStockholm
  • Summoner Name:Civil Enemy
  • Server:EU+US

and on-topic: i dont think vlad has a problem facing mordekaiser. vlad can outheal the harras that morde does (morde harrases with pretty low damage), and at level 9, morde will get pushed out of the lane, because he has no chance of shielding the damage from transfusion every 2,5 sec

I don't think Vladimir can push Mordekaiser out of the lane.
Actually if he let his guard down he might as well get killed at level 6 by Ulti + Ignite combo of Mordekaiser.
At 7-9 he most likely won't lose the lane to Mordekaiser anymore because of his Q being spammable, but he also won't dominate him due to shield being permamently up.
Additionaly Mordekaiser pushes the lane like a madman and Vlad's tower will be constantly assaulted, wave after wave. If Vlad decides to tank the creeps or use pool he only makes himself vulnerable.

okay, sry guys... its just that i have never had a problem with morde, as vlad. i guess i haven't faced a good one yet then.

OFFLINE   COWPOWER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

As far as I know, no. His ult is CC proof. I'm not entirely sure about suppression a la Malzahar/Warwick

I haven't looked through the patch notes, but as far as I remember silences is the ONLY thing that stops trynd from ulting. Stuns and suppressions don't prevent it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
credit goes to phantix for the cool orbs

OFFLINE   buspants

|∆ raaaaaaaaaage dump ∆ ∆|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
kassadin < vlad in midlane

your riftwalk will make sure he cant get away with pool, you can silence him, slow him, ignite him, jump on him, he is easy prey ;)
Posted Image
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
WANT PLANT KING RELEASED?!?!?!? SIGN THIS SHIT!!!!
Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users