Is manamune worth it for sivir?

12 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   darklyger64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I used to main sivir, but as the gameplay changes through time
My old build does not work as efficiently as I would have wanted and the cost makes the items harder to obtain and with sivir unable to to farm as well as she used to... (idk why maybe i missed a patch notes but her farming capability isn't as good anymore like before preseason one)
Anyway I would like to know your guys' opinion for if Manamune is worth it for Sivir
Right now My runes are 38 percent attack speed
Magic Pen red
Mana regen per lvl yellow
Cooldown per lvl blue
Fortitude (not meant for her but maybe it'll help you decide?)
flat armor yellow

Anyway my new build is different from my old
Dorans blade, rush for blood thirster and beserks then situational items after
and I'm thinking if I should instead of rushing Blood thirster into rushing manamune

I don't really use mana as much anymore because her boomerang isn't as good anymore when in terms of just it's given damage ability before without ap ratio that dealt i think about 300 with just one hit, though I like the new change of her boomerang with AD ratio explaining the reason why I rush bloodthirster for quick damage of her boomerang while obtaining physical damage

Anyway back to the main question
Is manamune worth it? While I do conserve my mana and last hit minions though it's harder when i'm laning idk
Maybe you can give me pointers? anything would help
Anyway I thank you for reading this lol
because it is long and probably bores you

OFFLINE   Ilovekatyperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
Yeah. It gives you a ton of AD for cheap and a large mana pool. However it is still possible to run out of mana unlike with Chalice.

• Innervating Locket has been removed.

Rest in peace.

OFFLINE   Priamos

Justice will be served

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
You did miss a patchnote: they nerfed her W in exchange for AD scaling on her Q.

You can't go wrong with either Manamune or Chalice, each player has their preference.

OFFLINE   darklyger64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

You did miss a patchnote: they nerfed her W in exchange for AD scaling on her Q.

You can't go wrong with either Manamune or Chalice, each player has their preference.

Hmm... I don't really use chalice anymore lol her "Q" isn't as good as before when you turned Lvl 9
and oh would you mind telling me if you remember which patchnotes was that?
I kinda quit playing LoL for the 3 months and came to play again and a lot has change lol
Thank you in advance

OFFLINE   Priamos

Justice will be served

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
Hmm, looks like I was wrong about the nerf to W, but yeah, here were recent Sivir changes.

1.04:
Sivir
Boomerang Blade now scales with 75% of Sivir's attack damage
Boomerang Blade base damage reduced to 20/70/120/170/220 from 60/115/170/225/280
Health per level increased to 82 from 76

1.03:

Sivir
On the Hunt movement speed bonus increased to 30/60/90% from 25/45/65%
On the Hunt now provides 1/3 of the attack speed bonus to allies
Spell Shield mana return increased to 150 from 125
Spell Shield cooldown reduced to 22/19/16/13/10 from 28/24/20/16/12

OFFLINE   emoney1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Manamune worth it? Maybe, but I would just start with a tear and not make it manamune till late game. The thing is just too expensive for what you get and the chalice is nice and cheap and does everything you need.

You should play her again with a chalice and a couple of bloodthirstsers and see how much damage you can get out the boomerang. I've got it up to over 1200 if you can hit them twice. She is more powerfull now then she has ever been.

OFFLINE   Basilisk1991

Gnoll mage-hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Summoner Name:Basilisk1991
  • Server:US
Yeah it would work well

OFFLINE   darklyger64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
thanks for the reply
I'm just having a hard time adjusting my gameplay style
since lately my friends needed a tank or support and I usually choose to play them since no one really wants to
at first it was unsatisfying but the more i played tank and support the more fun it gets
with them I don't really have to worry as much on my HP since support heals themselves (can heal) and tanks... well they are tanks LOL you don't die easily
that's why I don't buy chalice anymore lol, it's too risky? idk
oh yea do you guys prefer if I get Starks Fervor before I get bloodthister or bloodthirster first?

Because my old build used to be this
Chalice, Berserks, Starks, Bloodthirster, bloodthirster, bloodthirster
This was preseason and yes I can solo baron with this build, at least last time I tried
but now, it's really hard to farm as sivir and she dies easily now and people don't leave you alone as they try to push mid like preseasoned players lol
(used to use masteries 9-0-21)

Anyway, since League of Legends players nowadays got smarter, and kills me easily (well maybe i'm not used to not having 3k hp anymore or something to heal myself)
I changed my item style into
Dorans blade, rush for Bloodthister, berserks, varies to madreds or starks, then situational items (this is with attack speed runes) making my attack speed at 1.8 i think at best and 2.4 when i use my ult with the plus 4 percent attack speed on masteries (21-0-9)

And I am just thinking of maybe getting Manamune first then berserks, then bloodthister would be a better idea?
I mean Doran's blade helps a lot in early game with it's 120 hp, 4 percent life steal and damage

OFFLINE   QwertyJunior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I played her once, started with dorans ring, built 2 bf swords then last whisper(works with the bounce) put a vamp sceptor in there at one stage another bf sword. I belive I used pen boots due to the insane q dmg.
My q was doing insane dammage and my auto's were doing alright aoe dps

OFFLINE   Wintersin

Storm of the Light's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Summoner Name:Wintersin
  • Server:Europe
Manamune aint worth it unless you get it fast, lategame there are SO much better items for a DPSer, but a manamune usually solves all my mana problems so I find it really good.
Posted Image

Thanks to Jsta for this awesome sig :D

OFFLINE   Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBavaria
  • Summoner Name:Xerav
  • Server:EU

Manamune aint worth it unless you get it fast, lategame there are SO much better items for a DPSer, but a manamune usually solves all my mana problems so I find it really good.

Not that true :D cuz her W only scale with pure damage (even if your first hit crit every bounce only deal damage equal to her AD)

Btw Q is as strong as ever.... they "nerfed" base damage cuz it scale with AD too and u have a base amount of AD at lvl 1

Chalice, Berserks, Starks, Bloodthirster, bloodthirster, bloodthirster
This was preseason and yes I can solo baron with this build, at least last time I tried

And i dont think u can "solo" nashor without madreds and with sivir ..... his damage debuff will kill u

But why get chalice or manamune anyway ? manareg runes + spellshield is more than enought mana
Posted Image

OFFLINE   darklyger64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
I know I know guys lol
lol i'm just wondering if it's worth it
and as I stated earlier gray it's preseason
you should try it out first lol but last time i checked it worked
I can check again right now to see if it's possible

and yes it is still possible
I just tried it out and my build can solo 33 minute baron
with 427 damage
and 95 percent life steal
making you get 405 lifepoints per hit
if you can't solo solo with my build then you are using sivir's abilities improperly
oh by the way you can use shield to block one of baron's attacks if you guys didn't know that
anyway yea

OFFLINE   darklyger64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Anyway anymore comments?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users