Twitch mid? Lol

15 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Testor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I love hearing these words spoken by the enemy team early game. Mostly because it's shortly followed by me getting FB(Especially on Ashe.)

When I get FB on Ashe at 2min, shes usually gimped for the the rest of the game... the problem that last game she switched out with Lux...

How can I counter a Lux mid? I find it hard to dodge her AoE, then since I'm slowed, her skillshot.

I usually run Ghost/Exhaust, with a berserkers greaves as my first item.
[align=center]Posted Image

The best game in existence.

[/align]

OFFLINE   MacLaren

Bieber Fiever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
here is what any competent mid will do if he knows twitch is in-game

wait behind minion wave until twitch has to pop out
ruin twitch's day because he is twitch
call mia and wait for twitch to re-appear again
ruin twitch's day again
buy oracles
Posted Image

OFFLINE   The Philosopher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Lux has long cooldowns, wait until she uses them and hit her a few times.

OFFLINE   Brokenshard

If you run, i'll catch you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
^ This
Also, try to play a little bit more defensive.
Move around BEHIND at least 2 minions, therefore her Q spell cant hit you
Also, juke around a little, move forward then back then right then left. Its alot less passive, but i guarantee you she'll have a hard time landing both Q or E
Posted Image
Props to Hellbreaker and LeyyLoo for making these amazing sigs!

"Je parle baguette"

"Why ult champs when I can ult creeps!" - Hellbreaker playing Ezreal

OFFLINE   Testor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

here is what any competent mid will do if he knows twitch is in-game

wait behind minion wave until twitch has to pop out
ruin twitch's day because he is twitch
call mia and wait for twitch to re-appear again
ruin twitch's day again
buy oracles

There are several problems when this happens.
First, No matter how far behind they are behind the minion wave(unless there at the tower) I'm always behind them. Second, when I pop out, I also have increased AS and they've been exhausted. Third, people with oracles are focused(if my own team is competent.)

@Phil
I only played Lux once, so I didn't really know about the long CD's so thanks.

@Shard
I do that already, but her AoE still gets me then I'm bursted.

[/align]

OFFLINE   Brokenshard

If you run, i'll catch you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
^
Do you see the distance between your melee and ranged creeps?
Try to stay at least half that distance behind your ranged, anywhere from left to right. Imagine there being a semi-circle around your ranged creeps, stay on the edges of that circle. Come in to last hit, then run back into your safe zone.
With lux, i invented 3 types of zones
Safe Zone,
AOE Zone,
Burst Zone
Your safe zone is on the edges of that semi-circle. In your safe zone, you have ample distance to move in for a last hit, while still being able to foresee Lux coming in for her AOE.
AOE Zone is when you're close enough for her to use her E without moving forward, however, you have obstacles/are moving making her Q difficult to land. AOE Zone is quite relativley safe, you just have to watch her movement and decide wether or not she'll throw a spell at which time. You should only be in this zone to last hit, harass when her cds are up.
Burst Zone is when you're close enough to get hit by E, and close enough/arent moving/there are no obstacles that will stop Q from hitting you. Do NOT be in this zone. This zone could be between ranged and melee creeps however to either side, where there is a clear shot for Q. If you are caught in this zone be very careful, she WILL try to hit you with Q, then Auto attacak, then E, then auto attack, then demacia. This zone should never be entered UNLESS you are confident in your movement juking abilities and are trying to bait her to pop her CDs for an incoming gank, harassment tactic, or just to screw her up.
Posted Image
Props to Hellbreaker and LeyyLoo for making these amazing sigs!

"Je parle baguette"

"Why ult champs when I can ult creeps!" - Hellbreaker playing Ezreal

OFFLINE   I R BABOON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNorthern Sweden.
  • Summoner Name:I R BABOON
  • Server:EU

blahblahblah

I will never again be able to take you serious because of you sig...

OT: Whenever I play twitch mid against someone who is able to harass and uses it I play very passivly, just about only hitting minions when they are close to my tower, sooner or later when you disappear in the fog of war as you wait passivly by the tower, they are going to stop call MIA on you, this is when you go bot/top and get a double kill and then either kill the tower, or you B and get new gear and get the bot/ top laners to help gank mid or do dragon.

OFFLINE   Testor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

^
Do you see the distance between your melee and ranged creeps?
Try to stay at least half that distance behind your ranged, anywhere from left to right. Imagine there being a semi-circle around your ranged creeps, stay on the edges of that circle. Come in to last hit, then run back into your safe zone.
With lux, i invented 3 types of zones
Safe Zone,
AOE Zone,
Burst Zone
Your safe zone is on the edges of that semi-circle. In your safe zone, you have ample distance to move in for a last hit, while still being able to foresee Lux coming in for her AOE.
AOE Zone is when you're close enough for her to use her E without moving forward, however, you have obstacles/are moving making her Q difficult to land. AOE Zone is quite relativley safe, you just have to watch her movement and decide wether or not she'll throw a spell at which time. You should only be in this zone to last hit, harass when her cds are up.
Burst Zone is when you're close enough to get hit by E, and close enough/arent moving/there are no obstacles that will stop Q from hitting you. Do NOT be in this zone. This zone could be between ranged and melee creeps however to either side, where there is a clear shot for Q. If you are caught in this zone be very careful, she WILL try to hit you with Q, then Auto attacak, then E, then auto attack, then demacia. This zone should never be entered UNLESS you are confident in your movement juking abilities and are trying to bait her to pop her CDs for an incoming gank, harassment tactic, or just to screw her up.

Thanks for the great advice, I'll try it next time.

blahblahblah

I will never again be able to take you serious because of you sig...

OT: Whenever I play twitch mid against someone who is able to harass and uses it I play very passivly, just about only hitting minions when they are close to my tower, sooner or later when you disappear in the fog of war as you wait passivly by the tower, they are going to stop call MIA on you, this is when you go bot/top and get a double kill and then either kill the tower, or you B and get new gear and get the bot/ top laners to help gank mid or do dragon.

Win.

OT: Psychological warfare on Twitch is OP. lol

[/align]

OFFLINE   lordpapi

(M)ember

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationHungary
  • Summoner Name:HNO3
  • Server:US
first:
dont take mid...cos the rat is really bad at soloing....
second:
mercury
Check out my guide:
Katarina
(Outdated since .107...gonna rewrite it sometime)

OFFLINE   MagnaKay

[spoiler]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationToulon, France
  • Summoner Name:MagnaKay
  • Server:EUW/US

Awards

Weekly War - Tier 2
Also, don't 4-bar mid as Rat.

It is a bad idea, made of bloodbath and dying.

Rat with more HP is fine, though. Just farm, disappear from times to times just to annoy the other lanes (even if you don't actually go for ganks). Indeed psychological warfare is important with him. Oh and buy a 150 ward when you get a chance to. The opposition is bound to drop one at some point, so if they see you carrying one too, again - you're messing with their heads. If they don't see it, just eat theirs.
Spoiler

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Testor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

first:
dont take mid...cos the rat is really bad at soloing....
second:
mercury

It is a bad idea, made of bloodbath and dying.

Rat with more HP is fine, though. Just farm, disappear from times to times just to annoy the other lanes (even if you don't actually go for ganks). Indeed psychological warfare is important with him. Oh and buy a 150 ward when you get a chance to. The opposition is bound to drop one at some point, so if they see you carrying one too, again - you're messing with their heads. If they don't see it, just eat theirs.

I don't always take mid as rat but when I do, I almost always(unless it's Teemo) get FB. Merc treads are also my boot of choice, but I'm talking about before I can get them.

[/align]

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
  • Server:EU
Well Twitch IS bad at mid. You mention Ashe in your example, a good Ashe should win the lane against a Twitch. Twitch also gets countered hard by alot of burst casters like Anivia or Annie.
However if you do manage to get a lead (either by outfarming or killing him) he swiftly becomes impossible to lane against.
Twitch only weakness is his early-game, really. If you get past that with respectable farm you will dominate.

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Summoner Name:Trollebus
  • Server:US
Against Lux, act like you would against Morgana, Ezreal or anyone with skillshots: move about awkwardly. Don't let them get your pattern, have no pattern.

Allow me to expand on that:

Don't 4-bar anywhere as anybody. If you spawn with 4 bars, start with the Doran's item that fits the champion best. Starting as a 4-bar is like having a banner on your head where it reads, in all caps and bold, "FREE FIRST BLOOD, COME AND GET IT!"

I don't always take mid as rat but when I do, I almost always(unless it's Teemo) get FB.

Don't you ever, ever dare structuring a phrase like that again without it being a reference to the most interesting man in the world!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Harain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
twitch mid only works when your in low elo and people arent very competent. twitch is EASILY the worst ranged carry youd want mid. Hes really squishy, doesnt do enough damage early on, hes extremely dependant on items, and can be ganked very easily. You probably play against peopel that push the fiurst minion wave, even when you have exhuast. A smart player would just hug, and last hit until they se you pop out.
THE BIRD IS THE WORD!
Posted Image

OFFLINE   MagnaKay

[spoiler]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts
  • LocationToulon, France
  • Summoner Name:MagnaKay
  • Server:EUW/US

Awards

Weekly War - Tier 2

Allow me to expand on that:

Don't 4-bar anywhere as anybody. If you spawn with 4 bars, start with the Doran's item that fits the champion best. Starting as a 4-bar is like having a banner on your head where it reads, in all caps and bold, "FREE FIRST BLOOD, COME AND GET IT!"

While I agree with that, 4-bar is possible in some cases, such as a laning Annie with a powerful babysitter. And we all know what Annie brings to the table if she starts with an amp. tome and has 3x flat AP quints.

Spoiler

It's risky, but you speed up your build, and if you play conservatively it's not that risky. Hell, you can even bait some people into horrible traps of fiery doom, playing like that.
Spoiler

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users