ELO Calculator (Works for Normal games)

52 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   WaruNoKao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Link to ELO calculator.

I just made this ELO calculator today. It is just an estimate, but it is usually within 100 of what your ELO should be.

More losses than wins may be inaccurate as they generally have an elo lower than 1200, meaning that I cannot see them. If you have or know someone that has an elo less than 1200, please let me know.

Also feel free to compare your actual elo with the estimation, and please let me know if it is more than about 150 off of what it actually is.

Don't forget to report any errors or make suggestions. If you happen to be one of the random comparisons on the page and don't want to be, just let me know and I will remove you.

Also, leaves/dodges are not calculated, so this could account for some inaccuracy.

OFFLINE   Maganic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Awesome man!

I got

Estimated Normal Elo: 1529

For a casual player I'm not ashamed :(

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Summoner Name:Trollebus
  • Server:US
Ranked games don't need your elo calculator, the game tells you your rating!

Anyway, it gave me an estimated 1561 normal elo, which sounds about accurate; back in the day we could check out our normal elo, I used to fluctuate between the high 1400s and 1600.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   WaruNoKao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Ranked games don't need your elo calculator, the game tells you your rating!

It is for a few reasons:
It proves the viability of the calculator to show that it isn't just coming up with random numbers.
It also helps improve the accuracy of the calculator. As in you put in your ranked elo, check the results, and if they are far off of what they actually are then you can let me know and I can adjust the calculator.

OFFLINE   The Hound

TIMNASH

• Members
  • 1337036 posts

Awards

Mordekaiser Weekly War - Tier 2 dogtank

Estimated Normal Elo: 2094

wat

I think it needs some tweaking.

OFFLINE   Jaysus

Psychopath is what I am

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Sry for bad question is bad, but, is there some thread which explains what the hell Elo means? i have 1507 Elo, that means 825 Wins 804 loses but idk what the hack the whole Elo thing is about...

OFFLINE   The Hound

TIMNASH

• Members
  • 1337036 posts

Awards

Elo rating system

It's how matchmaking works - a weighted ranking system to sort players by relative skill level.

OFFLINE   extreme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
It told me 1337 at 214/209... lol

OFFLINE   Iduno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
btw was looking at some of your examples I dont think you know but some of those people had their ratings decayed so your calculation is bound to be off otherwise its nice

OFFLINE   maxosfailos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
1760, which dont make any sence. Im far from that elo in normal, play vs. way better ppl in my ranked 1300 elo

OFFLINE   WaruNoKao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

Estimated Normal Elo: 2094

wat

I think it needs some tweaking.

It is an estimate (my margin for error is 100 - 150), and it doesn't seem too far off to me.

Your wins/losses: 594/452 (+139)
Estimated Normal Elo: 2041

HotshotGG Solo 5v5 wins/losses: 545/462 (+83)
Actual Ranked Solo 5v5 Elo: 2108

The equations are different, but you even have a much higher win-loss. If it bothers you that much, take off 150, and if you still think it's wrong, then don't believe it. It's an estimate.

1760, which dont make any sence. Im far from that elo in normal, play vs. way better ppl in my ranked 1300 elo

-Im far from that elo in normal
Do you have any proof? If you do please shate, it will only help the accuracy of the calculator.

Also, please provide your LoL name and/or wins/losses so I can tweak the calculator.

OFFLINE   The Hound

TIMNASH

• Members
  • 1337036 posts

Awards

Your wins/losses: 594/452 (+139)
Estimated Normal Elo: 2041

Lolbase says 594 for some reason but it's at exactly 600/452 right now.

The equations are different, but you even have a much higher win-loss. If it bothers you that much, take off 150, and if you still think it's wrong, then don't believe it. It's an estimate.

No need to get defensive! It's an awesome tool and I'm really grateful for it. Thanks <3

I'm just too modest to accept a 2000-ish Elo, even if it is in normal games.
Even -150 (1944) is waaaay higher than I expected, but maybe I just have a low opinion of myself :sleepy:

That. is. awesome.

OFFLINE   rawr2 0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

omg u are prosauce mr. 1337

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
  • Server:EU

I'm just too modest to accept a 2000-ish Elo, even if it is in normal games.
Even -150 (1944) is waaaay higher than I expected, but maybe I just have a low opinion of myself :sleepy:

Keep in mind that normal Elo is more inflated than ranked. So 2k normal game Elo, while high, isnt the same as it would be in ranked. I know that when normal game Elo was visible, the top people were at 2,4k and it has surely inflated even more since then.

A question, do you even know the average Elo in normal? Because obviously you set it at 1200, same as in ranked however there is no proof if that is even true.#

Also im pretty sure it doesnt work for the higher Elos. They get almost no Elo gain for a win and loose alot for a loss. It doesnt seem like you considered that, for example if i type in the W/L of "Linak" , a Top Eu player your Calculator says it would be 5,5k , while his normal game Elo was 2,05k when it was last visible.

OFFLINE   NassiC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Estimated Normal Elo: 1721

More then i would have guessed, cuz i still see some not that good players...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users