• 2678 posts
  • Summoner Name:ToonBoon
  • Server:EU + US

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze
This has now turned into a guide, for the original thread content:

Spoiler

I. Introduction
This guide is for Alistar version 2.0, it is the only viable way to play Alistar, it is a detailed explanation and guide on how to over-exploit his passive and ultimate for unrivaled building destruction
Because you're nice guys and you've typed the entire history of the Minotaur, you understand that this guide is for all players wishing to play version 2.0 alias Alistar Alistar on Millionaire . The aim of this guide is to present in detail this version exclusively for the destruction of buildings by over-exploiting its liabilities and its ultimate.

Before moving on to the actual guide, lets take a look at the core question. Why play this version of Alistar?

The most obvious reason would be that it is insanely effective, it breaks the standard rules of the meta and it's always fun to be insulted for half an hour before you bring victory to your team. Another reason would be that playing Alistar as a tank/support/beefy AP is by far outshined by others. (rammus/sona/sion).

The objective of everthing you do is to arrive at the point where you can 1v1 towers without help as fast as possible. We are above all looking to optimize the gold gain.

II. Warnings!

Prepare for:
  • You will attract the ire, the ridicule and insults of any team during the first half hour of play
  • You will attract the sympathy, respect and support of all the opposing team during the first half hour of play
  • You will attract the sympathy, respect and support your team during the last two minutes of play
  • You will attract the ire, the ridicule and insults of any opposing team during the last two minutes of play
  • If the game is lost, it will be solely your fault.
  • If the game is won, it will be solely thanks to you.
  • Talking your team in not surrendering right at the 25 minute mark because you are 'feeding'
  • The end-game score isn't worth shit, the victory message is all that counts.
  • Winning a game with a K/D ratio of near zero
  • Your team won't help you and ask for the other team to report you.
  • Absolutely no one will approve your playing style, whether your partner or your opponents.
  • You are a misunderstood genius, but a genius nonetheless

III. Alistar's Stats

The base stats, stat gain/lvl, and end stats

Level 1, per level, Level 18

Health: 582, 114, 2520
Mana: 225, 33, 786
Damage: 62,905, 3,375, 120.28
Armor: 18, +3.5, 77.5
Magic Resistance: 30, 0, 30
Health Regen: 1.62, +0.17, 4.51
Mana Regeneration: 0.84, +0.05, 1.69
Speed: 300
Attack distance: 125

As you can see the basic HP pool of alistar is impressive, his damage isn't low, has good armor but a very low speed. His mana is clearly insufficient to provide for effective farming.

IV. Alistar's Abilities
P: Posted Image Colossal Strength

The bread and butter of the true way to play Alistar, this allows for the eating of towers.

Q: Posted Image Pulverize

This will help you farm up the gold needed to get your build together, it is extremely mana intensive but thanks to your masteries and your two philosopher's stones you can use it whenever you like.

W: Posted Image Headbutt

Always good to have in the sense of giving you a way to escape or kill by headbutting them into your turret. Nevertheless, it's still an insignificant spell that isn't worth maxing until late game

E: Posted Image Triumphant Roar

The key to early success, with your enormous regen given to you by your two philosopher's stones it's almost spammable granting you an infinite health pool, this will reduce the amount of kills you give the opposing team early game.

R: Posted Image Unbreakable Will

Your ultimate. Grants you near invulnerability for 8 seconds and gives you 90 damage for raping towers. This combined with your passive makes you eat turrets alive, without any help.

V. Ability order
After getting a level in all spells you will level your spells in the following order:

R > Q > E > W

1: Triumphant Roar
2: Pulverize
3: Headbutt
4: Pulverize
5: Pulverize
6: Unbreakable Will
7: Pulverize
8: Triumphant Roar
9: Pulverize
10: Triumphant Roar
11: Unbreakable Will
12: Triumphant Roar
13: Triumphant Roar
14: Headbutt
15: Headbutt
16: Unbreakable Will
17: Headbutt
18: Headbutt

VI. Summoner Spells

Teleport and Revive, no questions.

Teleport gets you to towers as fast as possible, placing wards in the enemy base help you in this.

Revive gets you back alive after getting killed so you can run up to the next tower and eat it.

VII. Masteries

Posted Image

All masteries are fairly straightforward

VIII. Runes

Posted Image

Attack speed and more gold, what else is there to say?

IX. Item build
The minimum needed for soloing a tower at lvl 16 without any help is three recurve bows, totalling 3,150g which seems fairly easy to achieve. But it's best to maximize damage and reduce cooldowns to be able to kill more turrets by granting you faster access to your ultimate.

Start
Regrowth pendant and potion

pendant builds into philosopher's stone and the pot is optional for if you face a difficult lane.

First back - 365g
Buy philosopher's stone and teleport right back.

You should not lose any gold/exp if you use your teleport right.

Second back - 1150g
This is the amount of gold you should have by the time your teleport cooldown is reset.
Buy another Philosopher's stone and Boots

Having two stones gives you insane regen allowing you to pulverize any creep wave that comes in your lane without worrying about your mana.

Buying order
Stinger - Costs 90g more than a recurve bow but grants 10% Cooldown Reduction
Boots of Mobility - Map conrol
Recurve Bow
Recurve Bow
Sell first Philosopher's Stone for a slot to hold wards.

Luxury
Wriggle's Lantern to fill the ward slot
Sell last Philosopher's Stone for Brutalizer giving you damage and Cooldown Reduction
Upgrade Recurve Bow to Sword of the Divine
Red Elixir
Green Elixir

Extreme luxury
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Madred's Bloodrazor
Second Sword of the Divine

Do Not Buy
Defensive items, they only hamper your ability to eat towers and make you harder to kill. Not worth it, better invest in some more attack speed or elixirs.

X. Additional tips
Generally you should never be in mid lane, either eat towers top, or eat towers bot. This constant pressure allows the rest of your team to do whatever they like. Divide and Conquer. Your ulti alone will make it take two or three opponnents to swiftly shut you down (before you eat a tower). This gives your team such an advantage it isn't even funny.

Fucking learn to fucking last fucking hit every fucking creep. Take solo whenever you can, farm up. Farm farm farm. Pulverize is your best friend here

Even if you're alone in the lane, do not back off. Have the rest of your team do important things while you take down that tower bit by bit. Do not try to run, getting that tower down 30% and dying is worth more than getting only 5% and getting away.

Feel free to use teleport to get away, hit your ultimate whilst in teleport as your opponents will not be able to break it.

Disclaimer: This is not MY guide, it's written by ALCruor, a french LoL player, I merely translated it and made it more readable adding minor things where I saw fit.

I myself have not yet tried this build but I have witnessed the havoc that it will cause.

~ Facerolling through life

Posted Image

OFFLINE   krisp

• Honoured Members
  • 1570 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Summoner Name:krisp
  • Server:EUW

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze la baguette
Trolling and winning? :s
That's unfair :P

Posted Image

Thanks go to hellbreaker for the 20 avatars and sigs

OFFLINE   sesameseed

Sesameseed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
ive seen a blitz do something similar he builds swiftboots then 5 philo stones then basically feeds until he can pay for upgrades full out. it was pretty insane how fast he snowballed.. he went from like 1-12-7 to like 10-13-2? really quickly.
Mod: Max signature height: 200px.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
credit goes to RAKOTH

OFFLINE   bogfinke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Summoner Name:ClearlyAFK
  • Server:EU

ive seen a blitz do something similar he builds swiftboots then 5 philo stones then basically feeds until he can pay for upgrades full out. it was pretty insane how fast he snowballed.. he went from like 1-12-7 to like 10-13-2? really quickly.

Imo pretty sick to convert 5 assists into kills, but i get your point =)
"muuh, why are these turrets made of LEGO!" ^^

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

Trolling and winning? :s
That's unfair :P

Who says it's trolling? He bough a full rune book. It's definitely some strategy.

It kinda made me lol though. I'd try it, but there's no way in hell taking such a risk and buying all those useless runes, heh.

OFFLINE   Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBavaria
  • Summoner Name:Xerav
  • Server:EU
what a bad alistar serious... either u go tank or ap with alistar he has 2 spells with a 1.0 AP rotation but AD ? lol no
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Pringles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

what a bad alistar serious... either u go tank or ap with alistar he has 2 spells with a 1.0 AP rotation but AD ? lol no

The need to go AD is the fact that you can't do damage in a team fight as allistar. You have to have your team do it. I do build him as a tank but he needs AD to take down towers and it works but not like this guy built

OFFLINE   FlatlineConstruct

License to post

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
He went Attack Speed so his ult and passive would help mow down buildings... and it makes sense in the same way you get AS on Mundo at times.

OFFLINE   New Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
So gonna try this build lol
I love AD kennen!

OFFLINE   BiscuitCookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Do you think the Gp10 is worth it?

OFFLINE   NoMonku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
You can use Chrome and you can translate it if you wanted to read it.

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Summoner Name:Trollebus
  • Server:US

He's a french player, he wrote a guide about his alistar

http://eu.leagueofle...ead.php?t=79403

In french, but, who knows, you will maybee understand

Chouette!

Haha, finally I can put my french to test with some LoL theory!

Getting two Gold/time items on bad farmers isn't unheard of. Not that I find it smart, but I've seen HotshotGG get two Philos on Poppy.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   krisp

• Honoured Members
  • 1570 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Summoner Name:krisp
  • Server:EUW

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze la baguette

He's a french player, he wrote a guide about his alistar

http://eu.leagueofle...ead.php?t=79403

In french, but, who knows, you will maybee understand

I partially read it: very seriously written, and funny at times. I'd like to see it in game :)

Chouette!

Haha, finally I can put my french to test with some LoL theory!

No one uses "chouette" anymore :D

Posted Image

Thanks go to hellbreaker for the 20 avatars and sigs

OFFLINE   ToonBoon

:3

• Honoured Members
  • 2678 posts
  • Summoner Name:ToonBoon
  • Server:EU + US

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze
This is now a guide on how to play Alistar, the true way.

Am trying this out right now, sadly, without the attack speed runes, I no has.

~ Facerolling through life

Posted Image

OFFLINE   New Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
lol, Translated everything >.>
I love AD kennen!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users