Caitlyn counters

15 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Skyswimsky

YĆ“kai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Like its with every new hero she gets playd often in Solo queue, so i wanna know counters for her, i guess every hero that can travel a bigger distance over short time(Blinks, Teleports) to come to her(cuz her surva is the range)...any other thoughts?
But guess i will play my main again after 2 months(Akali got borin after a while ;_; )

OFFLINE   Gwynbradd

I'm five steps ahead of you.

• Honoured Members
  • 2183 posts
  • LocationPrussia
  • Summoner Name:Bradburn
  • Server:westside

Awards

Weekly War - Tier 2
Is she even such a threat, that you need to think of a counter? I had one against me and one in my team and both had no significant impact on the game...

General things you could use: mind tricks usually help, strong laners (Sion, Taric...) or ask for ganks.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Reticulin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
CC or a quick nuke since she is very squishy after all

OFFLINE   jmillz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
It's pretty easy to counter Caitlyn...Most melee dps champs can do it, and a few casters. The best counters are probably Trynd, Olaf, Leblanc, Ezreal, Xin, WW, Akali, Evelynn, Jax..need I go on? Katarina, Pantheon, Shaco...I'd say that's about it for champions that can easily counter her...even if her team tries to protect her..so you don't have to just play Akali..Also Sion and Taric are possibilities if you have a teammate ready for the stun.

To be honest I believe Caitlyn is pretty underpowered and I played quite a few games with her last night. Her Q isn't great after the laning phase, nor are her traps. Even her slow/pushback isn't fabulous after the laning phase. And don't get me started about her ult. Her ult is practically useless, it does almost no damage for the amount of channel time and the fact that it can get intercepted. Her basic attack is pretty solid especially because of her passive. Because of this I would say the only really viable way to build her at the moment is an AS/Crit build. Maybe phantom dancer, starks, bloodrazer, possibly frozen mallet for some more CC. Late game I would get IE and Last Whisper. These items would allow her to be fairly powerful late game with her auto attack and crits/passive. Her abilities are simply not good enough late game to stack AD.

Anyone disagree?

OFFLINE   kevkong85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Amumu
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Belpherod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Cait pretty mych has the same counters as Ezreal.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   emoney1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
To counter caitlyn, just don't let her kill you for 25 mins. If she has a bad early game, shes pretty much screwed and can't really do much.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   ZweiPhantom

Paranoid mechanic with angle grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Summoner Name:ZweiPhantom
  • Server:US
Just had a game,
Both Malphite and Taric are definite counter's to Caitlyn,
Malphite because of ult to lock her down, shield against her ult (saves team-mates at a cost of around 200 hp depending on farm), and he can slow MS+atkSP.
had to go tank Taric because of bad team comp (SOLO QUE FTW), but the armor aura helps mitigate her dmg and harass'es early,
the stun can lock her down long enough for your team-mates to close the gap.
heal is annoying as hell (both q+r), and he is fast enough to jump in the way of her ulti to save team-mates.
then again i play a crazy ass rambo tank taric that make my enemies fear my DAZZLING RADIANCE...

anyone with a blink is also extremely good at taking her down, i just think of her as another MF with a small blink.

although the best counter is to avoid feeding her like all champs.
Taric.... My enemies are stunned in awe of my DAZZLING RADIANCE!! -me
We cannot see the future. We cannot change the past. We can only live in the now with an eye towards gaining enough power in the future to wreak havoc on everyone who has ever screwed us in the past.

Ha yes! The Dragon yields before my power! I am Invincible! I am the Walrus! -Hermit
Answer me this, violence is uncivilized... violence is a normal human reaction.. but humans are the most civilized beings on earth.... Who is wrong?

Posted Image

Posted Image
woot the sig is back!!!

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts
As sad as it might be, the people who need most to know how to counter a random Caitlyn are her allies. First Cass, then Caitlyn.. What's up Riot?

OFFLINE   dbrowdy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
She's insanely squishy and has no burst. All you have to do is close range with her and she's dead. Anyone with a stun or a gap closer will own her.

*SOB!* MY sig no longer works with the new forum.

OFFLINE   Cyborgschatz

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Counter to Caitlyn, any beefy character that lanes well and doesn't take a lot of damage from pecking.

Morde, Cho'Gath, Mundo.

Any character with real damage/burst that can either do so at ranged or close the gap quickly.

Kassadin, Panth (a smart one, last hit with rank 1 spear, level HSS and get a point into stun = dead)

A character that has a snare/stun/delay that doesn't bring them too close to her to do damage.

Morgana, Cassiopeia, Karthus(he might take a couple hits though but lay waste harassment should still work if you time things well).

Truthfully if you have masteries or runes that add some HP or Armor, and dodge her skill shot, her auto attacks shouldn't amount to that much. She has neither the survivability nor attack speed to easily support a full crit rune page so more than likely you don't have to worry much about that. Just don't let her aimlessly attack you and you should be fine. Chances are if you try to gank her she'll Net/flash away but the point is, you should be able to keep pushing her back forcing her to spend more cash/time getting healed and grabbing more potions to survive your harassment. Her scaling is poor so if you don't feed her and can make it into/past mid game she shouldn't post any real threat.

How shall you die today~?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Get stamps here plox.

OFFLINE   brzoskswinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Caitlyn is a carry. Albeit a poor one. The same rules apply as with any other carry, you won't kill her if she's any good (she will be packing flash and ghost), but you win if she has poor CS and has not killed anyone by about 25 min. This is where the snowball crosses from snow to rough ground, if it's too small it will shatter.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Compac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Kog'maw is a pretty good Counter
I played Kog'maw vs Cait in mid
I dropped her o.o

OFFLINE   dbrowdy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

View PostCompac, on 05 January 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Kog'maw is a pretty good Counter
I played Kog'maw vs Cait in mid
I dropped her o.o

Anyone who can neutralize her range advantage will hard counter her early. Kog and another Cait are perfect examples of that. Also Cait shouldn't be playing mid, she's so much better in the side lanes where she can proc her headshot twice as often.

*SOB!* MY sig no longer works with the new forum.

OFFLINE   ScienceXReason

Lover of midgets

• Cleaning Crew
  • 1171 posts
  • Summoner Name:ScienceXReason
  • Server:US
All you have to do is survive her early game, her usefulness gets kinda meh by lvl 6.

My guide to all things Udyr -> SxR's In-Depth Guide to Udyr

Spread the word:

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users