Strategy for Fiddlesticks on Twisted Treeline?

10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Whitetiger379

The Mad Chemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
  • Summoner Name:Gilan
  • Server:US
I was wondering if anybody had any good suggestions for items and strategy for Fiddle on Twisted Treeline.

Why I only play 3v3:
Spoiler

I don't really want to start a discussion about why 3v3 sucks or why I should play Summoner's Rift, so if you DO have any suggestions for playing Fiddle, please leave a comment and I will award you in virtual cookies.

P.S.
Spoiler

tl;dr: I need some suggestions/builds/strategies for Fiddle on 3v3.

Also, should I jungle with Fiddle on TT, or lane?
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Phenxz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Server:EU
I don't think you CAN jungle with him in TT... In SR jungling as fiddle requires blue buff - not sure he'd be able to jungle without it in TT...

That's all I had - I don't main him either so can't give you any tips ^^

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Credit goes to Phantix for the awesome orbs :)

OFFLINE   Whitetiger379

The Mad Chemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
Alright, I expected as much, but do you think a mana regen item + mana regen per level seals + glyphs would let him jungle? Or should I just lane?
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Grey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationBavaria
  • Summoner Name:Xerav
  • Server:EU
Dont think fiddle would shine there ! Why ?

- Enemy need less wards to counter fiddel ulti
- Enemy can gank you faster
- Tanks are the best 3on3 heroes and fiddel rly suck in killing them
- He has lowest armor ingame so early fights could be pretty deadly
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Whitetiger379

The Mad Chemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
Dang, thats a shame.

But does anyone else play Fiddle on TT and do fairly well have any suggestions? I have seen some fiddles on TT do really well, and even if hes worse on TT doesn't mean he would be worse than all the other casters right?
I don't really play ranked or tryhard or anything, I just want to have some fun, successful games with fiddle and at least do well. I just need a build or something.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Feligues

Guardian of Asgaard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

View PostGrey, on 12 January 2011 - 07:30 PM, said:

Dont think fiddle would shine there ! Why ?

- Enemy need less wards to counter fiddel ulti
- Enemy can gank you faster
- Tanks are the best 3on3 heroes and fiddel rly suck in killing them
- He has lowest armor ingame so early fights could be pretty deadly

I agree with you, Fiddlesticks is not the best Champion if youw ant to play Twisted Treeling, but he is one of the mages who can do at least something useful.

Fiddle on twisted Treeline should level up Drain as often as possible, because Twisted Treeline is the realm of melees and Drain is disgusting for melees.
The walls make it possible to use Crowestorm for effective ganks.
Buy items like Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter, Haunting Guise and Bansky's Deathcap and, should the situation arise, Voidstaff.

OFFLINE   Whitetiger379

The Mad Chemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts

View PostFeligues, on 12 January 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

Fiddle on twisted Treeline should level up Drain as often as possible, because Twisted Treeline is the realm of melee and Drain is disgusting for melees.
The walls make it possible to use Crowestorm for effective ganks.
Buy items like Rod of Ages, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter, Haunting Guise and Bansky's Deathcap and, should the situation arise, Voidstaff.

Thanks man, I know the caster items, but I was trying to decide what item to start with because some casters shouldn't waste their time on RoA, but hopefully it will work well on Fiddle.

Alright, gonna stay on here and monitor the forum for a few mins, then play a game with that build.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lord_Asthma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Drain is your friend on tt ...
Ability with the highest dps output on lvl 1 if im not mistaken ...
stand in bush for firstblood .... 1 stun u win ...

besides that get banshees and drain to win ...
Dark Wind is even more potent as its chance to perma silence someone is way higher with 3 champs than with 5.
Ulti is nice for ganks as there are many walls on tt ... but i think his strong part is lane staying power(Drain) and harassment(Dark wind) on tt.
rylais is potent on tt too ... as it lenghtens the time it takes them to get back to their tower ... its usually my second item ... or at least it was back when i played fiddle on tt from time to time.

Slightly drunk so this might be total bullshit but i do think this should be right ...
sry if it is not ... take care ...

P.S.
Dont ask just play him and learn to play him on tt.

[Edit]
Rod of ages is bad on tt as it takes long to accomulate its stacks and its expensive ...
get some good early items...

Posted Image

[img]

OFFLINE   Whitetiger379

The Mad Chemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1431 posts
Alright, thanks for the help Asthma. And yes I am going to play a game now.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Feligues

Guardian of Asgaard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

View PostWhitetiger379, on 12 January 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Thanks man, I know the caster items, but I was trying to decide what item to start with because some casters shouldn't waste their time on RoA, but hopefully it will work well on Fiddle.

Alright, gonna stay on here and monitor the forum for a few mins, then play a game with that build.

Those are not the caster items, those are the defensive caster items to make you tankish.
Whatever we say, try fiddle yourself with diffrent builds/team setups.
Another good thing fiddle can do is killing dragon early with Drain (maybe a DPS with Wriggle's Latern can assist you)

OFFLINE   Mourgus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
I used to play TT all the time but I dislike constant ganking and much prefer the team strategy in SR now... anyway Fiddlesticks was always my main on TT he is an amazing caster for Twisted Treeline... and even though he isn't that great at beating tanks... he will own any melee champion who thinks he can win against Fiddlesticks with his spell combo.
I notice a few people saying he isn't that great on Twisted Treeline but... have you ever ulted over the wall between the Lizard and top lane for a gank? Fiddlesticks is at his best when there are fewer champions to try and out-damage his drain. I personally find that the best item build would be something like Doran's Ring, Rylai's, Zhonya's Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter and Ionian Boots of Lucidity... I personally find the new boots are AMAZING on Fiddlesticks making Drain more or less a permanent channeling spell.

If you're having trouble early on I usually pick up an extra Doran's. Zhonya's Hourglass is a great item for TT casters due to the numerous physical champions on the map. And Abyssal Scepter will make those who don't stack MR take pretty much full damage from your spells.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users