AD, AP or Hybrid? The true Ezreal!

50 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   5FILM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Summoner Name:Naruto

View PostGrey, on 16 January 2011 - 02:52 AM, said:

Yeah but there are way better AD heroes too ;)

therefore ezreal = useless

OFFLINE   Romanticide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Summoner Name:Vinnio
  • Server:US

View Post5FILM, on 16 January 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

therefore ezreal = useless

He's not useless. He's just not the most useful.

OFFLINE   TwilightPrince

Queen of the gas station.

• Moderators
  • 2005 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Summoner Name:Sentiment
Ehhhhhhh. I've never played AD. I value too much my first few moments on LoL with my precious AP Ezreal. I wish they'd make him completely AP, really.
Anyways if you go AP then your damage is very reliant on your ult... without it, you're useless, and it's REAL hard to hit, so if you miss it, then :/. Which is why it's good to do it in the middle/beginning of a teamfight and not save it for runners.
I think AP Ez 's Essence Flux is really weak though <_< And it has horrible scaling. Not to mention arcane shift... but oh well.
I haven't seen an AP Ezreal do good in a long time but I've seen AD Ez's carry, it makes me want to play AD Ez but I just like my super powerful AP ult too much and I don't like useless skills hanging around there (Essence flux).

I'M SO TROUBLED

SO YOU KNOW WHAT I DO? Lol Hybrid Ez. Don't even know if that's viable or not... I do "eh".

Anyways Lux > Ez :3

Posted ImagePosted Image

In the lands of gods & monsters I was an angel, looking to be fucked hard.

OFFLINE   Zedlav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Ezreal is a bad bad bad mage, he's decent as an AD Carry, but not the best, he's a terrible terrible hybrid...

And yeah, CDR boots are viable, but as Q reduces CD on-hit, CDR isn't really a problem on Ezr.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Stampnurd ik
Spoiler

OFFLINE   jgv115

My name is jgv115

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Summoner Name:jgv115

View PostTwilightPrince, on 16 January 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:

Ehhhhhhh. I've never played AD. I value too much my first few moments on LoL with my precious AP Ezreal. I wish they'd make him completely AP, really.
Anyways if you go AP then your damage is very reliant on your ult... without it, you're useless, and it's REAL hard to hit, so if you miss it, then :/. Which is why it's good to do it in the middle/beginning of a teamfight and not save it for runners.
I think AP Ez 's Essence Flux is really weak though <_< And it has horrible scaling. Not to mention arcane shift... but oh well.
I haven't seen an AP Ezreal do good in a long time but I've seen AD Ez's carry, it makes me want to play AD Ez but I just like my super powerful AP ult too much and I don't like useless skills hanging around there (Essence flux).

I'M SO TROUBLED

SO YOU KNOW WHAT I DO? Lol Hybrid Ez. Don't even know if that's viable or not... I do "eh".

Anyways Lux > Ez :3

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I started Ez. AD... nahhh, AP.... nahhh

Then I go hybrid! Give it a try

OFFLINE   billynguyen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Oh man another Ez question to deal with.
My take on Ezreal is that he should only be played one way or the other, NOT hybrid.
I understand hybrid being a nice theory but to do good damage as either AP or AD ez you need a decent farm to actually hurt and not do some mediocre damage.

I personally play AD Ezreal.
Yeah I know AP Ez had a slight buff to his AP ratios but AD's damage output at early game, mid game, and even late game is what makes me confident in playing AD over AP.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking down on AP Ezreal. I've tried it out back when AP Ezreal had a heal on his W skill and AP was the only way to go.

AP Ez's ult makes him hurt a lot in a team fight and can hit multiple heros (making it deadly) along with his W skill.
No good Ezreal uses E for extra damage as that is his only escape. Use to secure a kill or run away. Mainly running.

AD Ezreal at lvl 1 with a 21/0/9, Armpen quints,marks, AD seals, CD glymp, + dorans blade, ignite/exhaust
is.pure.beast.
At level 1 your Q can hit for 108 damage and most people start with 500-700hp. And if you ever lane against someone that has 4 bars.. gg free kill for 1 Q will knock off 1 bar early game.

I run merc threads usually if they have cc if not CDR boots are OKAY but not that great as CDR glymps makes mystic shot a 2 sec CD if I hit. No CC? I'll run zerker boots, or swiftness.

sheen is core, which builds into a tri-froce.
tri-force probably is the best item for AD ez in boasting damage for his Q if you've read the effects.
I get black cleaver early to shred armor and then most likely start building a blood thirster.
MAKE SURE TO KEEP RED BUFF ON YOU THAT BUFF MAKES YOU FROM BEAST TO GODLY BEAST.
Madreds can be built for tanky teams and wringlers can also help early game.

OFFLINE   jgv115

My name is jgv115

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Summoner Name:jgv115

View Postbillynguyen, on 16 January 2011 - 05:59 AM, said:

Oh man another Ez question to deal with.
My take on Ezreal is that he should only be played one way or the other, NOT hybrid.
I understand hybrid being a nice theory but to do good damage as either AP or AD ez you need a decent farm to actually hurt and not do some mediocre damage.

I personally play AD Ezreal.
Yeah I know AP Ez had a slight buff to his AP ratios but AD's damage output at early game, mid game, and even late game is what makes me confident in playing AD over AP.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking down on AP Ezreal. I've tried it out back when AP Ezreal had a heal on his W skill and AP was the only way to go.

AP Ez's ult makes him hurt a lot in a team fight and can hit multiple heros (making it deadly) along with his W skill.
No good Ezreal uses E for extra damage as that is his only escape. Use to secure a kill or run away. Mainly running.

AD Ezreal at lvl 1 with a 21/0/9, Armpen quints,marks, AD seals, CD glymp, + dorans blade, ignite/exhaust
is.pure.beast.
At level 1 your Q can hit for 108 damage and most people start with 500-700hp. And if you ever lane against someone that has 4 bars.. gg free kill for 1 Q will knock off 1 bar early game.

I run merc threads usually if they have cc if not CDR boots are OKAY but not that great as CDR glymps makes mystic shot a 2 sec CD if I hit. No CC? I'll run zerker boots, or swiftness.

sheen is core, which builds into a tri-froce.
tri-force probably is the best item for AD ez in boasting damage for his Q if you've read the effects.
I get black cleaver early to shred armor and then most likely start building a blood thirster.
MAKE SURE TO KEEP RED BUFF ON YOU THAT BUFF MAKES YOU FROM BEAST TO GODLY BEAST.
Madreds can be built for tanky teams and wringlers can also help early game.

Why not hybrid?

OFFLINE   Jermatoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Summoner Name:Jermatoo
I normally go hybrid but with more of an emphasis with AD for most of the game. Personally I find AD to be fun, AP is kinda dull, and Hybrid I seem to do the best with. I eat people with that guide on Ez builds.
]

OFFLINE   Split4ss

I'm imbalanced >.>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Summoner Name:Split4ss
  • Server:EU

View PostRomanticide, on 16 January 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

He's not useless. He's just not the most useful.

Quoted because i like the reasoning. ;)
Also I'd say he is a very situational pick either way he is played right now...
- As a caster most of the time you will want to bring cc with you, which he doesn't provide.
- As a carry his strongest builds early and mid game do not scale very well, so he tends to fade.

I think he can be a great carry and a great bursting champ, but he also needs much practice, thus you're gonna have to sacrifice much more time until you get comparable result to other carries or casters, which is why i like him. :)

OT: I do not prefer any of the builds (one tip when playing AP Ez: start with a typical AD rune-setup and playstyle and your early game will be no problem any more)
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Suzaku910

Fond of Joanna Newsom

• Honoured Members
  • 3235 posts
  • LocationRuneterra
  • Summoner Name:MoeBeam
AD -> Very strong early game, especially if you can aim and have armor pen runes. He starts to drop off in the mid-game and becomes pretty ignorable late game.
AP -> Very passive and sort of weak early game (Level 4-9 about), has an okay middle game if you can get some AP, but once you get Lich Bane + Death Cap you start to hardcore carry.
Hybrid -> Decent early game, decent mid game, decent late game. Nothing really stands out about him, but he isn't as weak as the other 2 styles at any point of the game, but he isn't as strong during his peak either.

EDIT: Ezreal, the designer, plays him hybrid because he doesn't like the power drop-offs or weak starts.

Part of the reason AD Ez drops off late game is because Trinity Force is better early/mid than late (especially the proc, which is mostly what Ezreal is using here) because 250% base damage is a lot before armor/resistances and before you can get items like Bloodthirster and whatnot (Sheen gives you about +50-70 damage if you rush it everytime it procs, so it's much more cost effective than a BF Sword early on). Lategame, your base damage reaches a cap and your enemies have more armor so you see a drop in the relative effectiveness of the on-hit proc.

EDIT2: Hybrid Ezzy has a better game than AP or AD when played correctly because he can have the same strong early game as AD and almost as strong a late game as AP. Building a manamune first, you can really get his mana high. With a Guinsoo's Rageblade, Sheen, and Sorcerer's Shoes, he really hurts on all fronts mid-game. Late game, you get a Lich Bane and Deathcap and your Q really hurts and your auto-attacks still hurt. This. You have a good early game, great mid game, and late game you can 1v1 anybody and win. However, he is extremely fragile and is a glass cannon -- so he is reliant on good positioning, map awareness, and E kiting. A cheaper alternative with less AP is Trinity Force instead of Lich Bane and Deathcap, but it doesn't scale as well into lategame + Trinity Force comes late. Last of all, there's no Q-proc effects, but you deal almost equal physical and magical damage with all your spells + have some survivability from Banshee's Veil.

Posted Image

We could stand for a century, staring with our heads cocked in the broad daylight at this thing. Joy, landlocked, in bodies that don't keep dumbstruck with the sweetness of being.

OFFLINE   7thFullmoon

The King of Trolls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationUniverse
  • Summoner Name:7thFullMoon
Wow I fell asleep on my keyboard waiting for replies and I have so many :] I've understood everything you said and I have a question: Why is AD Ezreal "Useless" late game?
I mean... He still beats the crap out of squichies, right ?

Also, Hybrid seems to be the most viable option with no weakness but slso not that strong, just balanced?

My Janna guide and Jungling Maokai, The Twisted Theory, you can also click the image below for my blog! ~ check these out please :)

Posted Image

NAJENA'S SPIRIT PROTECTS THE FORUMS!

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
AD Ez is not useless endgame...why does everyone say that? If you build him as a carry he hits just as hard as any Ashe/Trist/whatever and has a permanent 75% Attackspd buff (for the record, Trists Q increases Attackspd by 90% 7 out of 20 seconds..), aswell as an 1.0-ratio Skillshot that doesnt reset the autoattack-timer so it can be timed between AA's for additional damage.
He has one of the highest dmg-potentials in the game if played AD.

The reason i dislike AP Ez is mainly because he has no CC. If you play him AP you will take the AP carry spot from your team in favor of another champ like Anivia, Annie who have alot of CC's. Basically all other mages have alot of CC, with just as much damage potential.

So i'd recommend AD Ezreal, its alot more challenging to play than AP but that also makes it more fun imo.

Good items on Ez are:

Sheen into Tri-Force
Brutalizer
Last Whisper
Bloodthirster
Banshees Veil

Always rush a Sheen, it adds so much damage early game.
After that build according to the enemy team/your needs. They have lots of high-armor -->Last Whisper.
Few high-armor champs-->Brutalizer, or maybe straight for a BF Sword.

OFFLINE   Feanor

Mad cucumber of pure pwnage

• Honoured Members
  • 3996 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Summoner Name:TheEnzo

View Post7thFullmoon, on 16 January 2011 - 10:06 AM, said:

Wow I fell asleep on my keyboard waiting for replies and I have so many :] I've understood everything you said and I have a question: Why is AD Ezreal "Useless" late game?
I mean... He still beats the crap out of squichies, right ?

Also, Hybrid seems to be the most viable option with no weakness but slso not that strong, just balanced?

He beats the crap out of squishies yes, but he is squishy himself and the current meta game favors more bulky champions.

Upload your replays today!

-

Posted Image

Rune Calculator| I reserve the right to be completely wrong at any time |

OFFLINE   Na5k1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Why everyone emphazises his mystic shot? Build him like u build other carries. But get sheen early. Build ie and other stuff other carries build. U have 75% as steroid. In teamfights u juzt auto attack and use ur mystic shot every now and then, play like ashe and u WILL carry ur team like u should.

OFFLINE   Turbotroll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I run hybrid Ezreal as well and find it works best for the reasons outlined by Suzaku. There's no real "bad spot" in your game and while you lack a strong point, and never really snowball into a monster capable of wrecking an entire team singlehandedly like, say Kassadin or Jax, you can always be useful and carry. My build is Sheen, Manamune, Sorc Boots, Hextech Gunblade, then Lichbane. Games usually over as I'm working on turning my Sheen into Lichbane but Rabbadon's Deathcap fits in nicely here. I think Guinsoo's Rageblade would be an amazing mid-game buy on him, but these first four are just too high priority for me and late-game I'm doing a lot more spellcasting to keep out of range of the true physical DPS and cc (glass cannon), hence the Deathcap or Abyssal Scepter comes next for the solid AP boost.

Hybrid Ezreal is great at burst damage, E+Q+W+Ignite+auto if you've the advantage (or to give you the advantage as thats a nice chunk of damage in about two seconds and 3 stacks for your passive), but a straight up autoattack fight with Q-spam (AD) will probably kill you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users