28 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Lolwatnaw

Q_Q Moar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Summoner Name:Lolwatnaw
  • Server:US
Boredom has led me to create an ARAM Tier list. But not ANY tier list; you get to help me! I'm not that enlightened on the positions of each champion ARAM, that or I might think highly or lowly of a champion in ARAM. That being said, let's move on, shall we? (although this list doesn't really matter since you're stuck with who you're randomed with, except in the case of draft mode all mid)
This list is concerns only the All Random/Draft, All Middle Lane, Custom Game mode.

In the case a champion is in the same tier with another, the order that the champion is named has nothing to do with it's position in that particular tier.

TOP TIER: Blitzcrank, Nidalee, Sivir, Kog'Maw, Ryze, Karthus, Soraka, Janna, Sona, Taric, Master Yi, Gangplank, Anivia, Urgot, Mordekaiser

HIGH TIER: Corki, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Galio, Fiddlesticks, Katarina, Dr. Mundo, Morgana, Nunu, Twitch, Vladimir, Zilean, Cho'Gath, Gragas, Ashe, Annie, Kennen, Malphite, Pantheon, Tristana, Xin Zhao, Veigar, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Lux, Miss Fortune, Shen

MIDDLE TIER: Akali, Amumu, Alistar, Evelynn, Kassadin, Leblanc, Kayle, Rammus, Renekton, Shaco, Singed, Sion, Swain, Warwick, Malzahar

LOW TIER: Cassiopeia, Irelia, Jax, Nasus, Olaf, Poppy, Trundle, Udyr, Tryndamere

GAREN TIER: Garen

I look for two things: lane sustainability and poking ability. Take Master Yi for example; a great ARAM champion. His Q is definitely a really delicious high damage poking ability, and his W is a great healing spell. Not to mention these qualities are magnified tenfold if you go AP.

Anyway, if anyone has any OBJECTIONS! on any of the positions of the champions, feel free to post about your opinions. I'm open to any words of wisdom that you guys often speak.

Edited by Lolwatnaw, 27 January 2011 - 02:37 AM.

Posted Image
When life gives you lemons; eat them.

OFFLINE   Nemmisis205

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Summoner Name:Nemmisis
for this to be a worthwhile tier list, I'd suggest balancing out how many r in each tier. For the most part, i agree with it though.

Also, should I assume Garen Tier is bad?
Posted Image
Spoiler

OFFLINE   xiuxiu

bA BAM!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I disagree with Kayle in T2.
All her abilities sink with the play style in ARAM. :excited:
But good list and good considerations.
Posted Image
For great sig's visit elementawesome sigs

OFFLINE   AntiTcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Alistar deserves high tier. His heal is so spammy, it pretty much skyrockets survivability. Plus the AoE knock-up is a nice addition, as well as just being a flat out damage eater with his ult.

Edited by AntiTcb, 27 January 2011 - 02:03 AM.

Posted Image

My top champions:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Credits to Kaiokhen for the stamps.
Credits to Baakr for the spectacular signature.

OFFLINE   Syerin

Lovable me, dishing out criticism.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Summoner Name:syerin
Galio tier 3? Amumu Higher than him???? OMG

Galio is the only real tank that has two ranged harassment abilities. He should be in Tier two IMHO.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Lolwatnaw

Q_Q Moar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Summoner Name:Lolwatnaw
Aight, I changed Galio's and Kayle's positions. Still considering Alistar.

Posted Image
When life gives you lemons; eat them.

OFFLINE   xiuxiu

bA BAM!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
wow...after i posted this i joined the first ARAM i could find...
match against Aniva Ashe Vieger Panth corki...WOW!!!

o and we had olaf xin(rage quit) eve yi kass...
Posted Image
For great sig's visit elementawesome sigs

OFFLINE   Perrycox42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Summoner Name:perrycox42

Awards

Ironscale Shyvana
I'd think you might want to consider Zil as top tier if for no other reason than having him effectively bypasses the no GA rule. He has good poking ability with his bombs. If you have a Twitch or an Eve on your team, you can do some stealth bombing. And his E helps save/punish champs who overextend to get some last hits/harass. Further, his passive gives you a slight edge on experience, which is VERY useful in ARAM.

OFFLINE   Rhysistance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Summoner Name:Rhysistance
Yeah, there are a few things I don't agree with.

Gragas should be tier 1, nasus around tier 2 & malzahar should be higher too.

OFFLINE   Meph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1695 posts
  • Server:EU
Kog, Ryze, Yi, Morde, Gangplank are in no way Top Tier.
Ashe, Gragas are definitely Top Tier.

OFFLINE   krisp

• Honoured Members
  • 1570 posts
  • LocationParis
  • Summoner Name:krisp
  • Server:EUW

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze la baguette
Insert IMO after each new line:
Alistar deserves a better tier (at least if he takes flash). Provides good sustainability and awesome initiation.
AP shaco has good poking abilities.
Singed's fling and ultimate makes his a good ARAM champ.
Sion and Udyr both have a shield which can be very handy. They both have cc, and sion has a good AOE. They should be higher tier.

View PostMeph, on 27 January 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Kog, Ryze, Yi, Morde, Gangplank are in no way Top Tier.
Ashe, Gragas are definitely Top Tier.

Gangplank can deny at level 1, has a decent poking ability, heals, and has an awesome ultimate for ARAM. He deserves top tier.
I kinda agree on Ryze, he never shocked me as being OP in ARAM, although in theory I understand why he was put in top tier.
Concerning mord, it really depends on the enemies, but since it's ARAM rather than draft, it means he can be weak in some situations, I'd say he shouldn't be top tier.

Edited by krisp, 27 January 2011 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks go to hellbreaker for the 20 avatars and sigs

OFFLINE   Nunkuruji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
ARAM relies so much on the entirety of the team composition of both teams, that I don't think a tier list is particularly fair.

Even if you have your Top Tier picks, 1 or two lower tier ranged root/stunners, can easily instigate the death of a Top Tier champion when they attempt to poke.

Additionally, top tier pokes can be completely negated by a healer, and some conservative gameplay. I've been in ARAM games where we generally had to sit idle lvl 1-5 due to lack of effective range and ineffectiveness of pokes due to healers, only to roflstomp at 6th once our AoE ultimates came up.

Cass has ridiculous harass range, and an AoE ult, so I'm not sure why you completely lowballed her.

Gragas at 6th is a ridiculous anti-push threat, and the sheer range mops up anyone staying back with low hp.

Garen's passive actually makes him pretty good at the tank-role of poke protector if the enemy team is heavy on skillshots.

For ADAM, I think you'd be better off building a Pick-Counter Pick list.

i.e.
Step1. Ban Blitzcrank
If they pick Yi, then pick Taric (or other stunner). Taric can attempt to stun Yi immediately after a bad Alpha Strike for the team to punish him.
If they pick healers, then pick at least one champion with Grievous Wounds to cut down their healing.

OFFLINE   11monkeys

Umbrella scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Summoner Name:11monkeys
  • Server:EU
Garen tier xD
but he's aint that bad... His passive is cool, and since there is a "no back" rule he can run in Garen style, kill something, heal.

Edited by 11monkeys, 27 January 2011 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks to Gene for this :)

IMMA BE BEST SHEN EVER!

View Post11monkeys, on 14 April 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Oh, 'bout that Teemo Skin...
10 Bucks that he plants eastereggs as Ult.

OFFLINE   Kamalh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Hello, first it's a good idea, second sorry for my bad english but i think the way you are Classifying the champion is good for ARAM early game, the first 6 or 7 level, when all the turret are up.

You are looking for two things: lane sustainability and poking ability

But the goal of a ARAM game is to destroy turret, and nexus. Like any other LoL game, and how you do that ? By doing a BIG ACE ! Killing all 5 enemy en being able to push as you want. (or by getting a lucky team with 5 pusher champion who can ignore enemy team)

For me an Amumu for Crowd Control and "oLoloL 5 men snare" is so much better than a harassing ezreal, ok you are suffering the 5 first level, but one well placed ultimate and the game is win. (and i don't speak of all the chain stun you are making in a whole game)

In another hand you have the fucking Hard carry, like tristana or tryndamere, they can last hit easely (if you aren't an idiot) and after 30-40 min kill 2 or 3 enemy easely.

I writed that with the aim to say: lane sustainability and poking ability are good factor, but you may add Game Breaker Ultimate (amumu, galio, trynda, mal), Speed and escape skill (the middle lane is so long when 2+ turret are down) and carrying ability in late game.

OFFLINE   darkx1731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
i LoL at garen tier
When i finish talking to an audience.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users