Elo-hell Champions

14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Skanai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
So, I want to ask about viability of champions in elo hell. Generwl talk is good, but:

Im especially interested in Warwick vs. Shen. What will do better down here? What brings more? What gives ma a chance of soloing it up?

OFFLINE   FeedTheBots

Eating Kids for Breakfast since '07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • LocationEurasia
  • Summoner Name:roesti
  • Server:EUW
If you want to choose only between WW and Shen, I'd go for Warwick.
Later on, when people start to think at least a bit about what they're doing, switch to Shen, because TeamComp (and thus Tanks) will become slightly more important.

IMO (Revive/Smite or just Hybrid) Evelynn is still the best to get out of Elo Hell. Stun, Some Burst and DPS, Movespeed, Invisibility (too many "i"s), jungle and pushing towers fairly quick. Way too much to handle in low Elo.

Edited by FeedTheBots, 31 January 2011 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

OFFLINE   11monkeys

Umbrella scientist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Summoner Name:11monkeys
  • Server:EU
So Sorakabot Eve still works?

But jeah, Eve sounds great. Morde and Tryn should work well, too.
I fact, go the the official forums and look who has the most "XY=OP" Threads. Those are usually good for getting out of Elo Hell. And later on people know how to conter.

Posted Image

Thanks to Gene for this :)

IMMA BE BEST SHEN EVER!

View Post11monkeys, on 14 April 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Oh, 'bout that Teemo Skin...
10 Bucks that he plants eastereggs as Ult.

OFFLINE   brzoskswinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Eve now takes waaaaay too long to jungle after her nerfs to be any good in competetive play, but I think she can still jungle with generous potion usage. In Elo Hell (I'm stuck there too currently) nobody actually counter-jungles, to the point that I got laughed at when I suggested banning Shaco. You should be fine either with Eve if she can still jungle, or any other powerful jungler such as Nunu, WW, Shaco, and Shen later (He jungles slower, but his ult wins games).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Skanai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Im just thinkink about anyone to get out of Elo Hell... Looks like I will need to buy Eve:) I was planing toy buy WW or Shen for some higher elo action, and seeing that noone bans them...

But im interested, you guys tell me Eve, when shes constantly banned down here?

I like to tank, i never jungled, as WW, but done so as Akali and Eve. Thinking of it... Really conributing to my team is not the most important part in Elo hell, and Shen is doing it. but how can he do anything, when i feel like playing 1vs9 sometimes?

OFFLINE   JulyD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Summoner Name:JulyD
  • Server:European server
Get out of elo hell like im doing: Morgana FTW!

With her Q skill you give freekills to all the team,her shield will save YOUR team.And his ultimate will devastate teamfights.I was 1250 elo and now im reaching the 1400 thnx to morgana =)

Other nice way to carry team's is nidalee,,,,,if you pair with a friend,let him jungle and you double kill enemy in 2vs1 with nidalee =)
Posted Image
Thnx to Yoshimitsu 4 tha sign ;)

OFFLINE   nex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Summoner Name:sula0
ELO hell doesn't exist. If you want higher ELO learn how to carry. Play any champ that you're good with.

OFFLINE   peyo

peyo

• Honoured Members
  • 1743 posts

nex, on 31 January 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

ELO hell doesn't exist. If you want higher ELO learn how to carry. Play any champ that you're good with.

yay for 5 carries games >.>

Tanky/Tough champions win hard. Especially the ones that can carry a little.

Out of these 2, I'd definitely pick Shen over WW, his lane presence is amazing, he can jungle and he's great tank overall. People really need tanks in elo hell.

forgot to mention, you need champs with great early game. Don't play supports or carries.

Edited by peyo, 31 January 2011 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   nex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Summoner Name:sula0

peyo, on 31 January 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

yay for 5 carries games >.>

Tanky/Tough champions win hard. Especially the ones that can carry a little.

Out of these 2, I'd definitely pick Shen over WW, his lane presence is amazing, he can jungle and he's great tank overall. People really need tanks in elo hell.

forgot to mention, you need champs with great early game. Don't play supports or carries.

You don't have to play ranged ad to carry. You can carry with junglers and even with tanks if you know what you are doing with them.
I didn't say that he needs to learn to play mf or some shit like that. I said that he needs to learn how to lead his team to victory.

OFFLINE   Epic Dancing Guy

Epic Dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationYes.
  • Summoner Name:Epic Dancing Guy
  • Server:US
A tanky DPS or a champ with a certain counter.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Skanai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Last 5-10 games i seen everyone (ofc in other team, in mine there is lack of tanks...) want s to pick shen. Its nt very good for wanting to buy champion, because i will spend IP on something i cant even use?

OFFLINE   jstacey

Unleash the beast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia
  • Summoner Name:Delinphius
  • Server:US
Well Tryn works because Low ELO don't seem to know what CC is. Or you could play Eve who pub stomps like a boss.

Posted Image

Thanks to Gene for this awesome sig.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Daeron

• Honoured Members
  • 1611 posts
I'd say Master Yi. People fail to counter him so hard. You can basically do what you want. Meditate in the middle of the fight to negate any incoming damage, then ace them down with auto-attacks and highlander-alpha strike combos. If everything went wrong you can easily backdoor the enemy base.

Edited by Daeron, 01 February 2011 - 01:12 PM.

Gift from Hellbreaker
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Ryude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
If you want to OWN elo hell, just play stealth champions. Twitch/akali/eve all rape in low elo.

OFFLINE   Demention

Destroyer of Demacia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
I felt like touching up on a dead thread while googling, so kill me!

ELO hell is very real and is an unmovable obstacle.

That is the 'Concept' of solo queue. A high solo ranked elo player is obviously good at carrying the team in most obstacles.

I think the stupidest mistake is to troll solomid or find out what Reginald/TheOddOne play at optimal levels of gameplay to get out of "ELO Hell". This creates an isolated environment devoid of team play.

So naturally, people start going, "Oh yeah! I can escape the low ELO trap with Shaco, Ez, Twitch! It works for Reginald and TheOddOne righ!?"

Wrong.

TheOddOne and Reginald are playing in a matchmaking arena(while not devoid of imbeciles), where people play to win and their comp and who they select reflects this performance standard. People aren't rushing to fast lock carries so they don't have to be the one to "tank" or "support".

So, my advice, learn to play someone who can carry your team (not in the dps "carry" sense, more in the babysitting sense).

I started playing lux and out of 20+ games, i have a 70% win chance solo que. You know why? Vs playing pubstompers like Twitch/Eve, its because even if my team FUCKING BLOWS, lux's shield and hard CC can cushion the rebound from fatal mistakes made by complete fuckheads on your team.

Learn to play Support/Tanks. A list of viable 'out of elo HELL' champs that can very well carry a bad team:

#1 MUNDO. This doesn't need an explanation. Take solo lane and farm efficiently and discreetly. There isn't many games were i can't solo tank their whole team by 30mins.

#2 Lux - Hard CC and a shield, with an ult that will disperse the enemy during team fights. You shot of that ult and they panic.

#3 Sona - She is a great choice. She has a relatively low individual skill ceiling and it's hard for a complete fucking novice to fail at her. Her mechanics are so self explanatory.

#4 Soraka - She is efficient and brutally effective at side laning and lane pushing. Her skillset speaks for itself.

This will give you a few. Think Support/Tank, not carry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users