8 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   SoitsAndrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Summoner Name:SoitsAndrew
  • Server:US
I've just picked up Irelia and I wanted to jungle with her. The problem is, every guide and video I've seen suggested using full AS runes to jungle with Irelia. I personally dont' want to spend all that IP on AS runes.

So my question is, can Irelia jungle without AS runes? My rune page consists of 3 Health Quints, 9 Arm Pen marks, 9 Flat Armor seals, and 9 MR glyphs. Can I jungle safely with those runes?

Also, which path should I take? I tried the standard jungle route, Blue buff>Wolves>Wraiths>Red buff>Golems, but there were a few instances in which I had less than one health bar left. It was also really slow. I think it took about 5:15. Usually with Rammus, I finish jungle and get to the spawn at around 4:10.

Detailed answers will be appreciated :D

Please and thank you :thump:

I'm a Korean

OFFLINE   ghostsilver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Summoner Name:GhostSilver
the full atk spd runes will help u do in time shes nt a normal junglar she have a slow atk spd at start so thats the only problem she dnt need normal jungle items 2 only the armor runes can help i think nt so pro with her but just played her and the main problem was the atk spd so u really need it
Egyptian and proud to BE

Posted Image

thx for Hellbreaker for the sig Check IT

OFFLINE   CrazyLikeAFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
I'd say thats a decent rune set besides the MR. If you replace the MR with something like armor pen or as, then you could do it. They way I jungle with her is to start at small golems, go to wraits, wolves, blue, back to golems, red. But that's with full AS runes

Edited by CrazyLikeAFox, 08 February 2011 - 11:07 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   arashi905

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNear a weapon in my room
  • Summoner Name:Grey Fawkz
My friend jungles with her with the standard jungle route, she isn't the best jungler, but he runs dodge seals and quints, armor pen reds, and cd blues. It's not the fastest jungling pattern, but it's still possible, but I myself prefer her as a solo laner while I have another jungler, that's just me though. She can still jungle without all AS runes

OFFLINE   SoitsAndrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Summoner Name:SoitsAndrew
Thanks for all the help :D

I'm a Korean

OFFLINE   Useless Kung Fu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Attackspeed runes certainly help, but they aren't required. For a very long time I jungled Irelia without any attackspeed runes at all. I currently run only 6 attackspeed marks and 3 armor pen marks, along with dodge seals, health quints and MR glyphs.

I like my setup, personally. You hardly need a full page worth of attackspeed, but enough to get me up to 10% attackspeed has been plenty for me.

As for route, I typically go for golems->wraiths->wolves->blue->wraiths->golems, then back to buy razors, then red->gank.
Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Baakr

OFFLINE   WhiteAsuna

The Queen of Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Server:US/SEA
The ins and outs of attack speed runes on Irelia.

If you go full AS runes, your goal is to make shorter work of the jungle so you can clear it and get to the busy ganking phase of lvl4 and having both buffs. Now, because your goal was to clear the jungle asap, you may want to take advantage of the fact that you have a nice load of attack speed, therefore you can be less concerned with getting AS giving items and have a bigger focus on the more needed damage and situational defensive items. You have to make sure that you know what you are building. Remember to make every Gank kill count as well, since you WILL BE NEEDING a lot of that money to buy your other stuff.

Outs is that well you have no room for other things in your pre-game build. And since 21-0-9 is the common set up for a fast jungle clearing Irelia, you will be a little more fragile since you do not have the defensive masteries that is the standard of most other Irelia Pre Game set ups. This is even more troubling if you do not have Cleanse (A priceless summoner spell for her) and run with Smite and something else instead. You are going to be very item dependent all throughout the game because of your overdosage of attack speed runes just for the sake of clearing the jungle as fast as possible.

Posted Image

My champion Ideas:
Marcus, the Demonedge
Viral, the Cold Heart Tryant
Lynette, the Martial Doctor

OFFLINE   Useless Kung Fu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I have to disagree with you, WhiteAsuna, very strongly on Cleanse as a summoner spell for Irelia. In fact I'd say that is one of the very worst summoner spells for Irelia solely because her passive + Merc Treads minimizes CC effects on her so well already that it seems almost entirely a waste on her.

I don't do 21/0/9 either, and never have - in general I don't find much value in the offensive tree. I run either 9/21/0 or my own personal mix of 10/9/11.

Her item builds seem pretty clear-cut regardless of situation, too, when jungling; Wriggles->TriForce->Tank items being standard stuff.
Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Baakr

OFFLINE   WhiteAsuna

The Queen of Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Server:US/SEA
I get cleanse not to reduce CC durations. I get cleanse to stop a chain stun altogether. In many games where you will face more than 3 disablers with easy to land stuns (ehem Taric, Sion, Annie especially on This week's Rotation), even a 0.something second of stun can be so fatal that you won't land a single hit after the enemies start to chain stun you, even if it means for every 0.5 or less seconds of you stunned, you are eating a truckload of damage per 0.5 seconds of stunned. Cleaning out the first stun completely cockblocks a chain stun attempt to kill you and reducing the next chain stuns to almost nothing means you can decimate a team.

Posted Image

My champion Ideas:
Marcus, the Demonedge
Viral, the Cold Heart Tryant
Lynette, the Martial Doctor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users