Counter to Irelia

22 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ilikesuushi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Summoner Name:DrSigmaFruit
  • Server:US
Irelia's the one person I have not been able to counter. Doesn't matter who I use or what build, I always lose to Irelia. Is there a good counter to her? I try ignite but she still hits like a truck and takes more damage then amumu.

OFFLINE   JizoBeGod

fail grammar/spelling(blame the ducks)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationThe shadows, duh.
  • Summoner Name:JizoBeGod
  • Server:EU
Teemo with his blind and any burst caster screws her over
[indent]

Posted Image

Be afraid of the dyslectic ducks, be very afraid...

[/indent]

OFFLINE   MoonPL

part time rager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
exhaust, thornmail, frozen heart, randuin,, teemo, nunu, jax,

all of above in 5 seconds of thinking.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Split4ss

I'm imbalanced >.>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Summoner Name:Split4ss

View PostMoonPL, on 14 February 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

exhaust, thornmail, frozen heart, randuin,, teemo, nunu, jax,

all of above in 5 seconds of thinking.

And not thinking thoroughly.

How is Nunu a counter to Irelia? She got a skill to pop his banshee and a stun to cancel his ultimate, so it's more like the other way around, a slow doesn't counter her, because she can dash quite far, also her ultimate has a lot of range.

Randuin, Frozen Heart, Thornmail - no real counters because her "E" deals true damage and she can equip and make good use of Madred's Bloodrazor.

I kinda agree on exhaust and Teemo, Jax would at least force her to build Sword of the Divine. But 2 champion counters aren't really satisfying, because they do not fit every teamcomp etc...

One more champion counter would be Malzahar maybe...his ultimate + ignite would shut her down pretty hard, because she is melee. He would force Irelia to build QSS at least.

Edited by Split4ss, 14 February 2011 - 03:57 AM.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Suzaku910

Fond of Joanna Newsom

• Honoured Members
  • 3235 posts
  • LocationRuneterra
  • Summoner Name:MoeBeam
Hard CC Team. Even with her innate + Merc Treads, she melts without her on-hit heal.

Posted Image

We could stand for a century, staring with our heads cocked in the broad daylight at this thing. Joy, landlocked, in bodies that don't keep dumbstruck with the sweetness of being.

OFFLINE   Kanova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationPrince George, B.C
  • Summoner Name:Kanova

View PostSplit4ss, on 14 February 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

And not thinking thoroughly.

How is Nunu a counter to Irelia? She got a skill to pop his banshee and a stun to cancel his ultimate, so it's more like the other way around, a slow doesn't counter her, because she can dash quite far, also her ultimate has a lot of range.

Randuin, Frozen Heart, Thornmail - no real counters because her "E" deals true damage and she can equip and make good use of Madred's Bloodrazor.

I kinda agree on exhaust and Teemo, Jax would at least force her to build Sword of the Divine. But 2 champion counters aren't really satisfying, because they do not fit every teamcomp etc...

One more champion counter would be Malzahar maybe...his ultimate + ignite would shut her down pretty hard, because she is melee. He would force Irelia to build QSS at least.

He means a counter. Not a "who would win a one on one." Nunu is a counter because of his attack speed debuff, and general beef. Randuin, again, attack speed debuff and health and armor. Frozen Heart, debuff, massive armor. Thornmail, still would hurt her a lot. Her true damage isn't a "LOL KILL EVERYONE WITH HIGH ARMOR LOLOLOLOL" kind of a thing. Malz would, because I have done this. Jax would, because he excels at 1v1. Jax doesn't 100% rely on his stun to do stuff. Teemo-Blind, nuff said. You're rude.
Unce Unce Unce.

That will be all.

OFFLINE   Unclenaynay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
There isn't any such thing as a direct counter champion-wise. To counter Irelia, I think you just need good focusing. Irelia can be like a lifesteal Master Yi: if you attack him one at a time, your entire team will die. But Irelia will die to focus fire very rapidly, even through her ultimate, if you do it right.

With that said, if I had to pick champions that could counter her in any setting, I would say any champion with knockups. Knockups are unaffected by mercs treads or Irelia's passive, so she would be disabled for the same amount of time regardless.

OFFLINE   Fools

BEST LEE SINGA NA

• Honoured Members
  • 1556 posts
  • Summoner Name:Fools
Exhaust, CC and focus fire her to death.

Posted Image

Spoiler

OFFLINE   WhiteAsuna

The Queen of Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Server:US/SEA
Irelia whether she'd be built on AD or AP, A simple Exhaust cuts off her damage output.

Also, a bombardment of stuns with hard magic damage. Irelia may have her passive but that doesn't mean she's already invincible against magic damage. Even if she reduces the cc durations of abilities, if she doesn't have a good degree of Magic Resist or at least some form of it especially when the game drags, Irelia is toast.

And Jax as a counter? Well against an AD irelia yes, against an AP Irelia, NO

Posted Image

My champion Ideas:
Marcus, the Demonedge
Viral, the Cold Heart Tryant
Lynette, the Martial Doctor

OFFLINE   drukai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
A single well timed stun can screw her over. Let her wail on you while you're beating on her, then stun JUST after her health % drops lower than yours, then burst. If shes building Lifesteal, she cannot use her stun as easily, and if shes building high damage, she'll be really squishy for the burst. Knockups/blind effects both help, but really, its all about either chain stunning, or getting a big burst down.

Also, NEVER 1v1 her near minions. I've won a buttload of 1v1 fights that I wouldn't have won otherwise because someone didn't think about the minion wave and I use them to get HUGE healing.

OFFLINE   gameguy301

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

View Postilikesuushi, on 14 February 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

Irelia's the one person I have not been able to counter. Doesn't matter who I use or what build, I always lose to Irelia. Is there a good counter to her? I try ignite but she still hits like a truck and takes more damage then amumu.

buy armor

NEVER 1v1 her

thats pretty much all there is to it.
Posted Image OVER 9000!!! hours in ms paint do not steal!

OFFLINE   ItsNotQoggy

Minor Troll of Love

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
get riot to nerf her
I'm a pony tbh. Posted Image

OFFLINE   MOrFiiNz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • Summoner Name:MOrFiiNz
Like the counter to any hero my friend, CC and burst. On the serious note i think teemo is a good counter to her also maybe Malzahar if the Irelia is stupid enough not to build a QSS and maybe a good anivia could counter her since she has slow stun and crazy burst ;).

EDIT: Oh and maybe ashe could kite her but not sure on that since she can dash but its not the range of ashe auto attack?

Edited by MOrFiiNz, 14 February 2011 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks to DemiPie for the sig.

OFFLINE   Endzweck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Summoner Name:Endzweck
  • Server:EUW
I could actually counter Irelia with Anivia, haha.
Slow, Stun + Burst kinda gets her.

OFFLINE   Useless Kung Fu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Just hard, hard focus fire. If you don't focus her she's very difficult to kill.

If you focus her and she doesn't die (escapes with a little HP or something), that's even worse than not focusing her in the first place, though, cause she'll just find a minion wave or a creep and heal it all back with a few swings or her ult.

Just make it clear to your team that she needs to be focused ASAP. The longer a teamfight goes on, the more likely it is Irelia will win. She's almost designed to make it through long confrontations and still be at full HP, dealing her full damage, and being able to outrun or outgun just about anybody 1v1.

Edited by Useless Kung Fu, 16 February 2011 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image
Signature courtesy of Baakr

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users