10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   OddSquad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Skills:

Sap Magic (Innate):

Each time a champion near Maokai casts a spell, he gains a charge of Magical Sap. When he has 5 charges, his next melee attack drains energy from his target, healing Maokai for 7% of his maximum health.

Arcane Smash (Active):

Maokai slams the ground, the force of which knocks nearby enemies back and sends an arcane shockwave forward, damaging and slowing his enemies for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 55 Mana
Magic Damage: 50 / 95 / 140 / 185 / 230 (+0.4 per Ability Power)
Slow: 20 / 27 / 34 / 41 / 48 %

Twisted Advance (Active):

Maokai transforms into a cloud of arcane energy, quickly traveling to a target enemy. The target takes damage and is rooted in place.
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Cost: 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 Mana
Magic Damage: 80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 (+0.8 per Ability Power)
Root Duration: 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 seconds

Sapling Toss (Active):

Maokai hurls a sapling, dealing damage on impact. The sapling becomes implanted in the ground, warding a nearby area for 25 seconds. When enemies approach, the sapling attacks, exploding in an arcane blast that damages enemies.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 Mana
Impact Damage: 40 / 75 / 110 / 145 / 180 (+0.4 per Ability Power)
Explosion Damage: 80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 (+0.6 per Ability Power)

Vengeful Maelstrom(Toggle):

Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area by 20%. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal damage to enemies within the vortex.
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Initial Cost: 75 / 125 / 175 Mana
Upkeep Cost: 30 / 35 / 40 Mana per second
Magic Damage: 100 / 150 / 200 (+0.5 per Ability Power)(+2 bonus damage per damage absorbed)
Maximum Bonus Damage: 200 / 250 / 300

Stats:

Health-............421.....(+82)
Mana-.............250.....(46)
Damage-..........58......(+3.33)
Attack Speed-..0.680..(+1.45%)
Range-............125
Armor-.............22.......(+3.4)
Magic Res-......30
Health Regen-...7.7......(+0.85)
Mana Regen-....6.7......(+0.45)
Mov Speed-......305

Edited by OddSquad, 17 February 2011 - 10:01 PM.

Posted Image
Let it snow.

OFFLINE   Fools

BEST LEE SINGA NA

• Honoured Members
  • 1556 posts
  • Summoner Name:Fools
  • Server:US
Great work!

Maokai has some decent AP ratios, nicee!
Though I have a feeling they might nerf the sapling...

Posted Image

Spoiler

OFFLINE   Lampshadez

watcher of sexy birds O_O

• Honoured Members
  • 2317 posts
  • Locationmissouriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiwhachagondoboutitfaggot
  • Summoner Name:lampshadez
  • Server:MERIKUH
what is galio's ratios =/ i was told LOL NAB TANKBUILD IS CRAP FOR HIM so unless he can match/outdo mage tank galio he needs to stfu as i did good up until he fed and lost the match

Posted Image

Lampshadez: messing with the forums was too much fun
Thefriendlyorc: Some people, just want to watch the world Burd.

OFFLINE   OddSquad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
One thing I noticed when I got this is with his ult. If you absorb 150 Damage then it is at max extra damage. In simplest terms that means after 5 auto attacks at 150 AD his ult will be at max damage. So you will never have to worry about charging it up to full in a team fight.

Unfortunately, I think Maokai will be forced into the tank role when I think he would make a much better Off-Tank/Support Character. Something along the Gragas tank build: Glacial Shroud, Abyssal Scepter, Zhoyan's Hourglass, Void Staff, Aegis and boots.
Posted Image
Let it snow.

OFFLINE   OnnaJReverT

Not Pro, but good enough^^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1708 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Summoner Name:Onnaj
  • Server:EU

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze
the bonus dmg of his ult is rly not much
galio has more, and u canĀ“t escape him (cept u r irelia or some other kind of cc-reduc)
make it percental as well, i beg u riot...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brony
Spoiler

OFFLINE   VicShinala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Summoner Name:Shinala

View PostFools, on 17 February 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

Great work!

Maokai has some decent AP ratios, nicee!
Though I have a feeling they might nerf the sapling...

I dont think they would/should because they need to be hit by the toss and the chase explosion for it to do significant damage to a champ, the only reason i can possibly see is the god-like creep farming

OFFLINE   Sareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
His ulti is to protect allies not to deal dmg. 20% of dmg reduction is a great shield I think AND you can deal dmg to finish off some squishies. Btw, 500 dmg + 0,5 AP ratio with so huge AOE is not so bad :P

Instabuy for me anyway from day when I saw concept art 1st time :D

Edited by Sareth, 17 February 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Sorry for my bad english :P

OFFLINE   Cyborgschatz

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
His sapling is where it needs to be for him to be able to effectively farm, it's aoe is larger enough for 3-4 creeps, small enough that he can't obliterate the entire wave, as others pointed out, to get the max damage you have to hit and explode on someone, explode being the more important of the two. Also it seems to have the not mentioned aoe effect zone that Riot has quietly put on a few aoe moves for champs. Like pantheons Ult dropping the aoe right on top of the person/mob you're trying to hit does more damage than if they're hit by the edge of the blast radius. It's not usually a large damage discrepancy but you can usually notice at earlier ranks or later in the match when creep health is higher and the one hit dead on dies, but 1-2 near by still have varying amounts of hp left.

I was impressed to see the ratio on his teleport, the whole look seems as though he'll make a good beefy support with some AP on the side. Abyssal scepter, the hourglass and Rod of Ages seem like good picks along with CDR Items like lucid boots and Frozen heart. Maybe even a Rylai's for good ol' slow on slow action.

How shall you die today~?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Get stamps here plox.

OFFLINE   OddSquad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Ok I updated it so it has all the data now. Hopefully, this helps Maokai's Builder page come up a bit sooner than normal.
Posted Image
Let it snow.

OFFLINE   Fools

BEST LEE SINGA NA

• Honoured Members
  • 1556 posts
  • Summoner Name:Fools

View PostVicShinala, on 17 February 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

I dont think they would/should because they need to be hit by the toss and the chase explosion for it to do significant damage to a champ, the only reason i can possibly see is the god-like creep farming

Yeahh they makes sense. LOL
Hopefully I didn't jinx it.

*Knock on wood*
No pun intended hehe.

Edited by Fools, 17 February 2011 - 10:48 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

OFFLINE   nighpher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Summoner Name:Ottiz
Yeah, AOE damage reduction? Awesome! and I am worried about inbound nerfs to the Sapling toss, since its like an even better version of Zilian bombs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users