Heimerdinger : Turrets Properties

28 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Yawana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I would like to make a list of the verified properties of heimerdingers turrets and would require your participation. I will try to keep the following list updated when any of you add any properties you have witnessed/tested.

General Properties:

>Once the turret is at the green lvl, each shot decreases the magic resistance and armor of the target by 1, this can stack indefintely ( I arrived to over 30 stacks on the drake), but this debuff dispears very quickly if the turret stops shooting at the target.

>Once the turret is at the red lvl, each shot does 40% area of effetc damage to surrounding targets.

>Turrets do not have a specific Artificial Intelligence guiding their attacks. They apparently always target one of the closests targets.

>Turret attacks are magic projectiles, thus they are affected by the enemies' magic resistance. So although turrets do not benefit from magic penetration items such as runes or sorcerers boots, they do benefit from the enemies magic resistance reduction through Fiddlesticks' passive and Abyssal Scepter.

>Turrets only take into account the AP you have when you set the turret down, if you increase your AP (for intance by buying an AP item) turrets you already set down will not deal extra damage, only new turrets will.

>Turrets are generally considered as bolted down (immobile) minions. This has two implications:
-They are only affected by auras and abilities which will affect minions, and will not benefit or be affected by auras/abilities that only affect allied/enemy champions.
-No ability can move them, buta apparently some abilities which should move them and damage them do not damage them, these abilities will be detailed in the folowing list.

"Friendly" properties:

>Turrets CAN benefit of an armor, a magic resistance, and an attack damage increase from Aegis of the legion. (tested)
>Turrets CAN can benefit from Rally's heal and damage increase.
>Turrets CAN be healed. (tested)
>Turrets CAN benefit from a damage increase through Abyssal Scepter's magic resistance reduction on enemy targets.
>Turrets CAN suffer from a decreased attack speed because of an Frozen Heart.

>Turrets CANNOT benefit from Stark's Fervor. (tested)
>Turrets CANNOT benefit of a slowing attack from Rilays or Frozen Malet.
>Turrets CANNOT benefit of life steal from haunting guise or normal vampiric items.
>Turrets CANNOT benefit from any rune except Ability Power.
>Turrets CANNOT benefit from damage/attack speed Items carried by Heimerdinger.
>Turrets CANNOT have their armor reduced by Stark's Fervor.

"Unfriendly" properties:

>Turrets CAN be eaten by Nunu. (tested)
>Turrets CAN be eaten by Cho'Gath. (witnessed)
>Turrets CAN be smited. (tested by Heat n Serve)
>Turrets CAN be affected by enemy magic penetration. (tested by Heat n Serve)

>Turrets CANNOT be thrown in the air from Janna's Howling Gale, but they DO receive the damage. (in the patch notes)
>Turrets CANNOT be thrown in the air by Cho'gath's Rupture, and CANNOT receive the damage.
>Turrets CANNOT be Exhausted.
>Turrets CANNOT be moved by Tristana's Buster Shot, but they CAN receive the damage.

Assumptions that have yet to be tested folowing the remake of Heimerdinger:

>Do Alistair's Pulverise and Headbutt damage the turrets?
>Do turrets benefit an attack increase from Sivir's On The Hunt?
>Are turrets affected by Cho'Gath' Feral Scream?
>Can turrets be stunned?

Thank you for your participation!

Yawana

OFFLINE   Totergott

Great White Buffalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Lifesteal doesn't work to heal the turret nor Heimer.

OFFLINE   BlackSura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Summoner Name:BlackSura
  • Server:US
'Turrets connot be thrown in the air from Janna's Howling Gale.'

why is that a negative?

Also turrets do not apply Rylai's slowing. Turrets are not an ability, the creation of turrets is. Turrets are separate objects.

OFFLINE   Yawana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi there, thanks for both your contributions:

@Totergott: Di you get the opportunity to test it or know it from some sure source?

@blacksurra: Indeed I'm not sure how to classify the properties, I wanted to differentiate "Friendly" and "Unfriendly" and then say whether they work or not. If you have a better suggestion to classify the properties I would be very grateful.

Concerning the slow from Rilay, I read in some other posts that it did and then sometimes that it didn't, but nobody said if they had actually tried it themselves after the remake of the champion. Did you have the opportunity to test it?

OFFLINE   Heat n Serve

Mathcraft Master

• Administrators
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationPhoenix-ish
  • Summoner Name:Heat n Serve
Turrets can be smited, they are affected by enemy magic penetration.
All-inclusive Guides: How to Mathcraft | Gangplank

"in 5 minutes" Guides: Mordekaiser (Build 1, Build 2) | Galio | Jungle Malphite | Taric | Dominion Urgot

Click here to see Heat n Serve replays!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Yawana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you Mathcraft Master :-)

I think this thread should actually rather be posted in the Theorycrafting section of the forum, so you can the updated version here: http://forum.leaguec...ad.php?tid=2923

OFFLINE   COWPOWER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Think you need a whole section in unfriendly:
Unfriendly:
Turrets CAN be damaged/effected by all spells, which also hits minions except:
Janna: Howling Gale. (in the patch patch notes)
Cho'Gath: Rupture - (got no resend testing)
Cho'Gath: Feral Scream - (just think they might not be effected)

OFFLINE   PsychoZex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
What I am wondering and haven't got around to test yet:

>Do turrets benefit of a slowing attack from Rilays?
>Do turrets benefit of life steal from haunting guise? If yes, does Heimerdinger or the turret itself receive the stolen health?

No they don't benefit from Rylai's or The Ice Hammer
No they don't benefit from Haunting Guise

OFFLINE   Heat n Serve

Mathcraft Master

• Administrators
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationPhoenix-ish
Smite works on turrets and they are affected by magic penetration.

EDIT: okay the previous post I made isn't displaying for me but I guess you saw it... gj.

"in 5 minutes" Guides: Mordekaiser (Build 1, Build 2) | Galio | Jungle Malphite | Taric | Dominion Urgot

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Joykill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
some questions on his turrets i have...

- I suppose they do magic damage?
- If yes to the first question, are they affected by my magic pen (sorc boots, void staff, ...)

OFFLINE   Stickmana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
>Do turrets benefit of a slowing attack from Rilays? no
>Do turrets benefit of life steal from haunting guise? If yes, does Heimerdinger or the turret itself receive the stolen health?
no

>Do turrets benefit a life steal from Sion's Canibalise?
>Do turrets benefit an attack increase from Sivir's On The Hunt?
anything that affact the little tiny minions who run in the lane (creeps) do affact turret's to

- I suppose they do magic damage?
yes they do magic
- If yes to the first question, are they affected by my magic pen (sorc boots, void staff, ...)
no, only heim get it not turrets they cant carrie the item so no effect for them but aura of abysal work

Turrets connot be thrown in the air from Janna's Howling Gale.'
this count with any moves like cho rupture or ali headsmack in ground thingy move, they can not be lifted , also not sure on janne howl chogat cant hit them with rupture

probley shulde write all this on heim turret in comments on the skill

OFFLINE   Heat n Serve

Mathcraft Master

• Administrators
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationPhoenix-ish
Merged both threads and moved them to theory page. Now I understand why I was getting confused... two identical threads. ;)

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Yawana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi everyone! Thank you Heat n Serve for cleaning the mess I made with the double post, it's true that it was confusing. It is the first thread I posted on this forum and I'll try to mind better where to post next time.

@ Joykill: Thank you for your pertinent question, using the input from several felow Theorycrafters I added an introduction to heimerdingers properties detailing his magic attack and how it is affected.

@ Stickmana: I would tend to aggree with you that turrets should behave as minions, but it wouldn't be the first time that some inconsistencies are found in league of legends, so I prefer to to have the properties tested are at least witnessed before adding it to the properties list. As they are stationary for instance they do not actually undergo all minions effects.

OFFLINE   Mugsy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Summoner Name:Mugsy
I read somewhere that turrets gain damage based on your damage runes, if this is true i would have thought they'd do physical damage and furthermore that has me wondering if armor pen runes, attack speed runes, damage masteries, frozen mallet anything else i guess you guys are on the case.

Keep editing the front page with updates if you could Yawana maybe even turn it into a game guide on the site, its good information for heimer players.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Appee

can i haz hug :3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Cho's rupture does not pop the turrets up nor do damage to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users