• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Summoner Name:Smitra
  • Server:EU

POPULAR

Hello, LC.

In this post, I will introduce you to a Mod, that lets you change your recommended builds in-game.

I will be happy to answer any question I can, either leave a comment or PM me.

With this Mod, you can change your recommended build in-game, I know many of you may raise several questions of how this can be necessary, and I gotta tell you, that it doesnt make any difference to your gameplay, but it does give you that extra point of control you may feel you need in a game such as LoL.

I find this program specificly needy in situations as TF and Kog'Maw, where most people would build either of them as a Fighter with Attack Damage and Attack Speed items, where I, on the other hand would build them Hybrid or full Mage build.
Also, for those of you that jungle, you can add ARmor and Health Potions to the recommended build, so you can get a quicker kick-off.
Same for all of you supporters who buy wards all the time, when time is of the essence, you may wish to add wards to your recommended build. I'm doing this when I play Janna myself.

I know that alot of you alredy have this program or something such as Yarik, I believe it's called, but I uploaded the program for free download and I figured that some of you may want to take advantage of that, atleast, I would've been glad to see a post like this, from someone else, before I found the post myself.

In this post, I will be using Akali (The Fist of Shadow) as an example, please note that the build I use I completely random and I do not intend for anyone to use this build or anything and this post has nothing to do whatsoever with builds for champions or the champions themselves.

The images are too "large" in size for them to be thumbnailed, so the thread is gonna get big.

This is how the program looks like by default, without any changes, as you see, this is the default recommended build of Akali, The Fist of Shadow:

Posted Image

In this picture, you will see what happens if you push one of them items in the champions recommended build - You get all the items to your right. You can simply draw a item by holding down your mouse bottom and replace it, or mark one item and then another to swap them around.

Posted Image

In this picture, you will see how to "update" your changes from your program, so that it will affect your client and work in-game. 1.Deploy 2. All Items/Current Champion's Item

Posted Image

When you download the client and open it, it will ask you to chose a directory, or rather another directory, until you get the hang of the program, I recommend you to just tag along and press "ok" until you feel more secure.

Mod Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFEJGT5A

The program is a .zip file, you can chose to unpack this file with an unzipping program, I would highly recommend using WinRar.

WinRar download: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

I uploaded the Mod to Megaupload myself, so if it does not work, please, let me know. It works for me, so should work for you, but looking at my luck the last few days, it will probably bring along a plague or something.

I would have added some in-game footage aswell, but sadly, it didnt work out for me as planned, allthough, you shouldnt doubt this Mod.

I alredy scanned the file twice and I didn't find any harmful files.

I hope this helped some of you !

Please +1 if you like this (: Put some effort into it, so would be awesome.

Regards, Smitra.

EDIT: The default build picture didnt work, so I had to update the link.

As I come to think of it, I dont know if you people prefer for this to be in the Mod forum, if so, could a admin please transfer it? I feel like it's general talk about the League aswell, so figured general discussion could go.

View PostWaltorz, on 12 March 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

http://www.leagueofl...ad.php?t=145862 is the original poster and creator of the mod. He keeps people updated in that post (there is also a thread in the EU.lol site, but can't find it at the moment). He helps with troubleshooting, he fixes bugs, he does everything!

This guy (yourbuddypal) is great, helps people, is workin on version 2.0 with even more options, so gogo yourbuddypal.

Not sure whether you are just spreading the word or claiming this mod as your own, because that would be lame..

No, I am not the creator of this Mod and I will never claim to be, I simply got this Mod from a friend and wanted to share it with the LC community, I did read the other persons mod from the official forums after getting the mod, though - All rights reserved to the respectful owner and creator of this Mod, I do not take any credit what so ever besides the bad grammar work of this post.

Edited by Babminkinarulle, 12 March 2011 - 03:26 PM.

OFFLINE   OnnaJReverT

Not Pro, but good enough^^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1708 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Summoner Name:Onnaj

Awards

Weekly Wars - Bronze
:thump:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brony
Spoiler

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark

View PostOnnaJReverT, on 12 March 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

:thump:

What a long and detailed comment.

Hope that means you liked it (:

OFFLINE   KurlzEU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Well it seems good, however when i downloaded it, and pointedto lol, insta crash and i can't get it to work again. Evry time i start it it crash, maybe cuz i have win7? How can i solve it? thx.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark

View PostKurlzEU, on 12 March 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

Well it seems good, however when i downloaded it, and pointedto lol, insta crash and i can't get it to work again. Evry time i start it it crash, maybe cuz i have win7? How can i solve it? thx.

Pointed to LoL?

You do not need to put it into your LoL folder, you just need to open the program and it will ask for your LoL directory (it should be there by default), so basically, after you downloaded it and unpacked it, either desktop, D:/ or C:/ would be a good directory.

Hope it helped!

And I'm glad the download worked. Dont usually make use of websites like that.

OFFLINE   toxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

same there...maybe related with the fact I use the Beta launcher that did rebuild lol repertories?

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark

View Posttoxxx, on 12 March 2011 - 02:56 PM, said:

same there...maybe related with the fact I use the Beta launcher that did rebuild lol repertories?

Might be, yes.

Disclaimer: If anyone else experiences this, please let me know by PM or in these commentaries so that I can fix it.

Please express the problem, you open the program and LoL Chrashes? Or the Mod chrashes? Are you even able to open the Mod?

OFFLINE   DevilSlay3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Is there a way to restore the builds back to default after they have been altered?

Edited by DevilSlay3r, 12 March 2011 - 03:01 PM.

Goals:
- 950 wins: COMPLETE
- 1000 wins: INCOMPLETE
- Own all champions: INCOMPLETE (62/76)

OFFLINE   Waltorz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Summoner Name:Waltorz
http://www.leagueofl...ad.php?t=145862 is the original poster and creator of the mod. He keeps people updated in that post (there is also a thread in the EU.lol site, but can't find it at the moment). He helps with troubleshooting, he fixes bugs, he does everything!

This guy (yourbuddypal) is great, helps people, is workin on version 2.0 with even more options, so gogo yourbuddypal.

Not sure whether you are just spreading the word or claiming this mod as your own, because that would be lame..
Strength in unpredictability

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark

View PostDevilSlay3r, on 12 March 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Is there a way to restore the builds back to default after they have been altered?

Yes, there is. I did this a few days myself, cause I wanna rework it all, since I have some changes to a few champions myself.

This picture should pretty much tell you that 1. It is possible (I still have the default items) 2. How to do it (My cursor is at the menu).

This program is pretty straight forward and I think it's more or less impossible to ruin anything, cause you can just use your default settings.

As you see, you can reload Current Champion's and All Items, so if you just want to change a few champions at a time, that is highly doable.

Posted Image

Hope I was helpfull!(:

OFFLINE   Waltorz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Problems like this can be solved by asking it in the link in my post above. I had a similar problem with my win7. Is your lolfolder in the program files (x86) folder? because it won't work there, you'll have to move it to C:/ or something else, because the x86 folder is secured, so the item changer doesn't work there.

OFFLINE   Smitra

Last-Hit's a myth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationDenmark

View PostWaltorz, on 12 March 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

I got this Mod from a friend, never claimed that I was the creator (Will update main post with all rights reserved).

I'm simply offering the download to people who are looking for a Mod like this, cause as I said in my post, I wish there was someone to make a post like this, when I was looking for something like this (Damn I'm confusing).

But no mate, I am not the creator and nore do I claim to be anything else than a helpful player suggesting a Mod to my fellow LC "buds".

Thanks, allthough, if someone were taking credit for somebody elses work, they should not get away with it. I understand your scepticism.

OFFLINE   DevilSlay3r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

View PostBabminkinarulle, on 12 March 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yes, there is. I did this a few days myself, cause I wanna rework it all, since I have some changes to a few champions myself.

This picture should pretty much tell you that 1. It is possible (I still have the default items) 2. How to do it (My cursor is at the menu).

This program is pretty straight forward and I think it's more or less impossible to ruin anything, cause you can just use your default settings.

As you see, you can reload Current Champion's and All Items, so if you just want to change a few champions at a time, that is highly doable.

Hope I was helpfull!(:

Excellent, +Repped ;).

Edited by DevilSlay3r, 12 March 2011 - 03:17 PM.

Goals:
- 950 wins: COMPLETE
- 1000 wins: INCOMPLETE
- Own all champions: INCOMPLETE (62/76)

OFFLINE   Waltorz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

View PostBabminkinarulle, on 12 March 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

I got this Mod from a friend, never claimed that I was the creator (Will update main post with all rights reserved).

I'm simply offering the download to people who are looking for a Mod like this, cause as I said in my post, I wish there was someone to make a post like this, when I was looking for something like this (Damn I'm confusing).

But no mate, I am not the creator and nore do I claim to be anything else than a helpful player suggesting a Mod to my fellow LC "buds".

Thanks, allthough, if someone were taking credit for somebody elses work, they should not get away with it. I understand your scepticism.

You know, i think it's pretty awesome that you respond normally without starting to flame, perhaps the community is not all that stupid ^^

Thanks for the understanding, and good work on the spreading, it is indeed a great mod, i have been using it, and it rocks!
Like when you play a tank champ but want to use him as AP or so, you'll constantly have to look for the items through the shop. This solves everything :D

OFFLINE   Ithilen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationNorway/Nesodden
  • Summoner Name:Ithilen912
Why not just link to the original Thread on the program, whit more help and the original Download link. I just think the OP was badly written as you didnt actually say, heres a cool program made by this guy, check it out. It sounded like it was your work, you might want to just edit it properly.

Just sayin'

Edited by Ithilen, 12 March 2011 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users