[Release] LoL Skin Installer + Lgg v2.5 (works with beta installer!)

12 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
  • Summoner Name:LGG
There have been lots of changes in the new beta Lol Launcher. I have updated my skin installer to be able to work with either style, I may be wrong, but I think this makes it one of a kind right now.
NEW VERSION HERE http://forum.leaguec...w-launcher-v30/

This program is designed to
  • help take skins from this web site, pick them apart, and find out where they belong in your LoL folder.
  • automatically make backups and keep a list of installed skins so you can uninstall them

It also supports sound mod installation for both client versions.

For more information, please click the help button inside the program.

Download Link
http://www.mediafire...ec534925l8amtxh
or http://www.multiupload.com/8X029SRP59
Download includes 5 skins pre-installed.

Virus total result of the exe file shows clean here but you should always scan yourself after download.

Picture Preview
Posted Image

About Info:
Spoiler

Help Info:
Spoiler

Need testers as always, let me know of any issues or success either via email pm or a post here.

Edited by lordgreggreg, 06 May 2011 - 07:57 AM.

OFFLINE   SizorBlade

Filled With Madness

• Skinners
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lost In Space...
  • Summoner Name:SizorBlade
  • Server:Eu
why should i download 45 mb o just use the tool..i mean ok ur skins are cool but this is so unpractical.... :facepalm:

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
because it makes releases easier for me :P (1 link for all my stuff), also so it gives some people stuff to test with..
I know some people (Australia etc) have internet plans that only allow them a certain quota... so instead of a few more seconds its more of a permanent issue to download more than you need.

OK, next version ill fix that up, ship the program without the skins, and maybe have a option to autodownload them inside of it or something.

Thanks.

OFFLINE   SizorBlade

Filled With Madness

• Skinners
  • 898 posts
kk so i used it and worked perfectly with my huuge pack http://leaguecraft.c...-fullpack.xhtml i just wanna ask...if i use a Ui that actually replaces the files within the game/DATA/menu i mean complitly..if i unistall the ui after wouldnt that make a crash to my game? :blink:

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
no, it pays attention to the different types of files and locations, for stuff in the heropak.zip it will delete on uninstall, for everything else, it first makes a backup of the original file (on installation), and then on uninstall, will replace it back.

OFFLINE   SizorBlade

Filled With Madness

• Skinners
  • 898 posts
Ok i am impressed u got +1 from me for this..GJ! :thump: :thump:

OFFLINE   Bufzardian

Magic cow disease

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Summoner Name:Idiotard
  • Server:US
I'm assuming since you said beta launcher you mean the RADS one, which is very handy. I was also wondering if it would be able to transport All the character files for a skin, a good example for this would be the Yorick the Undying skin including models, and various air files.

Edit: also, could you link a download that only has your tool, not the skins, which ive seen other people have requested as well.

Double edit: never mind, just read the spoiler :facepalm: nice job, you got my thumbs up

Edited by Bufzardian, 15 April 2011 - 02:33 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks Jsta. Click the link for a sig from Jsta

http://forum.leaguec...425#entry293425

In Soviet Demacia, Garen heals you!

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
uh, what do you mean by transport?

it can zip up the files in a easy format for you if you want to send it to someone..

and.. unfortunately.. it no longer works with the current beta launcher (no skins do atm)

OFFLINE   Bufzardian

Magic cow disease

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Summoner Name:Idiotard
  • Server:US
Sorry, I had i read but not understand moment there. If it doesnt use the newest launcher, it's fine.
Posted Image
Thanks Jsta. Click the link for a sig from Jsta

http://forum.leaguec...425#entry293425

In Soviet Demacia, Garen heals you!

OFFLINE   Xocolatl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just downloaded it. Very nifty and intuitive interface. Tried installing a skin, and it worked beautifully so far.

Just out of curiosity--so if I do not install sound or AIR component, then I should not ever have to uninstall any skin before patching, right?

Edited by Xocolatl, 24 April 2011 - 04:41 AM.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostXocolatl, on 24 April 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

I just downloaded it. Very nifty and intuitive interface. Tried installing some skins, will test it out now.

Just out of curiosity--so if I do not install sound or AIR component, then I should not ever have to uninstall any skin before patching, right?

thats right, dont forget the menu too.
there are stars next to the possibly dangerous skins and check boxes so you can do something just like that. it will auto pick out the safe files for you.

OFFLINE   Legithamster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
I tried it, no success even though i followed the instructions D:

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostLegithamster, on 01 May 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

I tried it, no success even though i followed the instructions D:

ah yeah, LoL changed stuff again and made it so nothing works with the new installer now :/
this will only work with the normal one at the moment.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users