[Tool] LoL Skin Installer - (03/11/11)

22 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Summoner Name:Tsou
  • Server:US
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE OR MESSAGE ME WITH QUESTIONS ON THE PROGRAM!

I have not worked on this project for over a year and no longer maintain the program. The version I uploaded over a year ago will NOT work with the current client. Lordgreggreg has my original source code and created an open source project to update/maintain/expand the project. His post with info and downloads can be found here: http://forum.leaguec...w-launcher-v30/

Edited by sGun76, 02 January 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Creator of Skin Installer Ultimate - A user friendly custom skin installation and management tool!

OFFLINE   nighpher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Summoner Name:Ottiz
HORRAY!!!!! I was thinking of this tool since I had to force reinstall LOL and lost all my skins...., yet was too lazy to hunt it down, now with this I can add and remove with ease!

OFFLINE   Xymph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
I just uninstalled all of my skins to upgrade to this new version and noticed a small bug. For some of my files it's saying they're still installed, but as you can see in the characters folder, they actually are uninstalled. It's not that big of a deal, but worth a mention I guess.
Edit: This only seems to happen when I directly use "Install Files". When I first add the files to the DB and then install 'em, it doesn't happen.
http://i.imgur.com/8Nm7Y.png

Edited by Xymph, 15 March 2011 - 08:32 PM.

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View PostXymph, on 15 March 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

Edit: This only seems to happen when I directly use "Install Files". When I first add the files to the DB and then install 'em, it doesn't happen.
http://i.imgur.com/8Nm7Y.png

I'm kind of confused what you mean. If I understand you correctly then this is the basic steps you're following:
1. Add the files to the program.
2. Check the 'Save to Database' box and enter a skin name.
3. Click 'Install Files'.
After that you are saying the skin is in the database and marked as being installed but is not actually copied to the game folder? Let me know if this is correct. I tested it on my end several times and couldn't reproduce your error.
Creator of Skin Installer Ultimate - A user friendly custom skin installation and management tool!

OFFLINE   Xymph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

View PostsGun76, on 16 March 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

I'm kind of confused what you mean. If I understand you correctly then this is the basic steps you're following:
1. Add the files to the program.
2. Check the 'Save to Database' box and enter a skin name.
3. Click 'Install Files'.
After that you are saying the skin is in the database and marked as being installed but is not actually copied to the game folder? Let me know if this is correct. I tested it on my end several times and couldn't reproduce your error.

No, no. I do those steps, yes. Everything installs fine but when I uninstall those files, sometimes it's not saying I have uninstalled those files (as seen in the picture), but they actually are gone.
It only happens with some of the skins and only if I used 'Install Files' with 'Save to Database' checked. Nor could I delete the skin from the database. If I first use 'Add to DB' and then install the skins by checking the boxes and installing it that way, uninstalling works perfectly fine.
As I said, this is not that big of a deal. It's just a bit annoying and can be confusing.

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View PostXymph, on 17 March 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

No, no. I do those steps, yes. Everything installs fine but when I uninstall those files, sometimes it's not saying I have uninstalled those files (as seen in the picture), but they actually are gone.
It only happens with some of the skins and only if I used 'Install Files' with 'Save to Database' checked. Nor could I delete the skin from the database. If I first use 'Add to DB' and then install the skins by checking the boxes and installing it that way, uninstalling works perfectly fine.
As I said, this is not that big of a deal. It's just a bit annoying and can be confusing.

Xymph: I went as far as downloading some skins from the picture and installing them and I just can't replicate this error. From what I can see the skins you've tried shouldn't be causing any issues.

One thing you mentioned is that sometimes the uninstall button doesn't work. I looked over that function again and it it acts on all checked items regardless of any other factors. This means no matter what when you check the box and click uninstall it should mark the skin as being uninstalled.. no exceptions. The fact that it isn't makes me think this issue might be related to your database file, not the program.

So, with this line of thought I have an idea. I uploaded a new version of the program today so download it and copy it to your current directory. Rename the file 'skins.db' to 'skins_old.db' (any name will do). Now run the new program .exe and try adding/installing/uninstalling skins again. If you are no longer experiencing issues then your database file was corrupted and if you're still having issues then I have more work to do :P

The only downside of doing this is it will mark all your skins are being uninstalled when it creates the new database files. However, if this doesn't work then you can just rename 'skins_old.db' back to 'skins.db' and have all your old information back.

Also you can't edit topic titles anymore either? Wish I didn't put a date in the title.. :facepalm:

Edited by sGun76, 18 March 2011 - 12:19 AM.

OFFLINE   Xymph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

View PostsGun76, on 18 March 2011 - 12:18 AM, said:

So, with this line of thought I have an idea. I uploaded a new version of the program today so download it and copy it to your current directory. Rename the file 'skins.db' to 'skins_old.db' (any name will do). Now run the new program .exe and try adding/installing/uninstalling skins again. If you are no longer experiencing issues then your database file was corrupted and if you're still having issues then I have more work to do :P

The only downside of doing this is it will mark all your skins are being uninstalled when it creates the new database files. However, if this doesn't work then you can just rename 'skins_old.db' back to 'skins.db' and have all your old information back.

I guess the problem was my 'skins.db' file indeed then. Because now, after doing what you said, it seems to be working how it should.
Thanks.

OFFLINE   Frish

"The Final Boss of LoL"

• Cleaning Crew
  • 2100 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Summoner Name:Frish
Works great. I installed it a while ago but have just started using custom skins again. Does this program also install particles?

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View PostFrish, on 24 March 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

Works great. I installed it a while ago but have just started using custom skins again. Does this program also install particles?

Yes it does.

If you select the 'Enable Advanced File Mode' check box it can also install any other file in your League of Legends directory.

I highly recommend saving everything you install to the Skin Database as well to make sure everything is as easy to uninstall as it is to install :)

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Double post :banhammer:

Edited by sGun76, 24 March 2011 - 09:56 PM.

OFFLINE   VIISaix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
Hey Sgun, I work for FilePlanet and I am trying to bring my love of League of Legends onto the website by adding as much LoL modding content to it. Is it ok if i add this file to FilePlanet? :D Ample credit will be given

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View PostVIISaix, on 31 March 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Hey Sgun, I work for FilePlanet and I am trying to bring my love of League of Legends onto the website by adding as much LoL modding content to it. Is it ok if i add this file to FilePlanet? :D Ample credit will be given

Sure, I have no problem with this being shared.

OFFLINE   ColonelLance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
Beta patcher got an update today, and this program no longer works =(

Apparently they're using an new file format that makes it load faster:
http://www.leagueofl...t=635908&page=2

OFFLINE   kuroha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

View PostsGun76, on 16 March 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

After that you are saying the skin is in the database and marked as being installed but is not actually copied to the game folder?

i have a problem like you mentioned there. and did you already tested the new patcher from RIOT? because after i migrated to the new patcher, it seems like there is a change in the game's folder. oh, and in my interface the button that shows server choice is not appear

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View Postkuroha, on 23 April 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

i have a problem like you mentioned there. and did you already tested the new patcher from RIOT? because after i migrated to the new patcher, it seems like there is a change in the game's folder. oh, and in my interface the button that shows server choice is not appear

This was working with the original RAD launcher but on April 6 they released an update that changed the file layout and how files are loaded. This change removed the ability to use any custom content. It is not an issue with this program not working correctly as there is currently no known way to install custom skins on the RAD launcher. For now if you want custom skins you have to use the original launcher.

Here is a response from Riot on the issue: http://www.leagueofl...t=679159&page=3

Also the screen shots above are a little outdated and the button to choose your server was changed into a single button titled "Game Client" that lets you choose the installation you want to work with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users