mordekaiser op?!?!?

25 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   zinokard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
i just got out of a game where i went 22/4/11 as mordekaiser and the other team was qqing because they kept saying that mordekaiser was the most op champ in the game. Any tanky champion is going to seem overpowered if you give him 9 kills within 10 minutes of the game right? i ended the game with 3 sunfires, boots, and a frozen mallet
Posted Image

Props to togarda for the sig

Champs i normally play

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Props to Melios for the bars

Razer 1337 giveaway
http://l33t.razerzon...cf57b291b4ea637

OFFLINE   LinasKK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Well, Morde is stronger than other tanky champs because of it's damage potential. That combination of survivability and dmg is the reason why ppl call him OP. :D

OFFLINE   spoing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
His damage isn't that high. You just dont want to kill him without 4 others, as his shield will make him outlast you. You can always run away because he cant slow. In teamfights let him swing his pillowmace and focus the weak. If he is still there try to kill him with your man advantage.

And yes, everyone with 9 kills in <10 minutes is very powerfull. His laning is very good. So let him farm and kill him endgame.

OFFLINE   silent666

Lineage 2 / Aion <3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
morde op?

those topics are totally spam :D

stop QQ please :s

HIGH EGO's

if you have positive score doesn't mean that hero is OP -_-

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts
Well, he's not OP, but he IS a little bit stronger than most champs, or in more realistic terms just more easy..
His survivability compared to his damage is by no doubt a bit high, not to mention that damn armor of his that owns in 1v1, 2v1 and early game..
But personally, I've never QQed about him.. Mordekaiser will never kill me alone since I play casters who usually have a CC to knock him off... His ultimatei+ignite is something you should be aware of, and his harrassing could be a pain in the arse because until you take out his armor the HP he spent on the spells would regen>.>

But I don't think he's OP

OFFLINE   Lauzibooy

The bird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Summoner Name:lauzibooy
  • Server:EU

His damage isn't that high. You just dont want to kill him without 4 others, as his shield will make him outlast you. You can always run away because he cant slow. In teamfights let him swing his pillowmace and focus the weak. If he is still there try to kill him with your man advantage.

well let's start by saying this his dmg is extremely high let's make a little piece of math:
he take 32% Dmg of your tank with more than 4k life, at the same time he does 80 dmg per sec to all around him with sunfire capes, plus his 80 dps with creeping death to all around him, that's 160 dps to nearby enemies. and his siphon and mace doing huge dmg too and then his silly auto attacks too.
he deals out as much dmg as the carry's does plus if he gets a minion of a carry which is easy he has nearly double dmg of a carry.
plus he probably has ignite in the same run and ghost so he can catch you maybe randuin's omen too he is going to catch you he is going to kill you.. and he is going to be fed every game if you can play him well....
IMO late game he can solo 3 people since he has got his kills and items..

well just got to find him alone and take him down since he can run from you :dodgy: that's hard too.
instead of the frozen mallet take randuins omen better for him you do not need auto attack check HnS's guide it's great

OFFLINE   Kirtanei

Stalking Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2338 posts
  • LocationRødovre, Denmark.
  • Summoner Name:Kirtanei
  • Server:EU

His ultimatei+ignite is something you should be aware of (...).

Cleanse. If you don't have cleanse then grab Quicksilver Sash if you're a likely target.

The thing about Mordekaiser is that he lacks any real "tanking" abilities. He can take a beating and do some hurt but he can't control the tide of battle like Alistar; knocking people up and throwing them away / giving your team an enemy. Rammus and Shen; taunting enemies.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   xXbayesXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
right now mordekaiser is my main and I have to say he is THE best tank if you want to be able to deal loads of demage and take loads of demage.
After a whole much you should do alot of more demage total than the carries in youre team just because that abliliety(and that he is alos mostely AOE) and by more I mean like 2 times or 3 times the demage.

But as Kirtanei said he got no CC or utilety !
And that makes him boring to play after a while ( well who doesnt after 70 matches) but after playing a mordekaiser and playing som other tank you will feel alot weaker, but you got awsome utilety things like rammus, shen and alistar.
But morde is really strong and his Ulti is just insane. I would liked him a little nerfed overall.

OFFLINE   owlcapwn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Well, Morde is stronger than other tanky champs because of it's damage potential. That combination of survivability and dmg is the reason why ppl call him OP. :P

not to mention the random bug where he full heals when he uses his ult
Posted Image

OFFLINE   zinokard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

not to mention the random bug where he full heals when he uses his ult

ive never seen that bug... :P
Posted Image

Props to togarda for the sig

Champs i normally play

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Props to Melios for the bars

Razer 1337 giveaway
http://l33t.razerzon...cf57b291b4ea637

OFFLINE   aBhorsen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Morde is very powerful but the reason he seems more powerful is that the majority of people don't know how to play against him at the moment.

Alot of people still see him as either a Phys dmg hero (I don't know why) or they seem him as a regular tank.

They see him as a tank and so leave him alone in team fights. The problem with this is with his W and typically 2 Sunfires, he's dealing 160 dps before his other abilities. Which is alot more dmg than your average tank. With Morde you have to break tradition and actually focus him down as a priority otherwise he will still be left standing 10seconds later with around 1500+dmg dealt (all abilities included, which are low cooldown). Tbh it's probs more like 2k dmg.

I don't think any other tank can do that dmg.
Posted Image

Currently ranked #7 in the ESL Ladder
Finished 2nd in the LoL Tournament @ i40

OFFLINE   Thorwing

[JTF] Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
yup and because he can absorb damage, deal damage and have no mana, he is one good hero. needs slight nerf overall but not OP

OFFLINE   TheUn4givenRage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Mordekaiser's biggest weakness in 5v5s is if the whole enemy team has cleanse which I've run into before and let me tell you it's no fun :D . Aside from that, It seems like nukers really fuck up mordekaiser as well since most players go sunfire cape combo. I can build up magic resist, but it seems the most effective way to get rid of him is to nuke the shit out of him with magic while keeping him slowed with ashe or a ranged character with frost mallet which makes him utterly useless in team fights.

OFFLINE   JayJip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
i dont see mord as being op he can be brought down fairly easy with a bit of team work. his bug can be annoying but there are much worse bugs to be had on champs.

Posted Image

[IMG]

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

His ultimatei+ignite is something you should be aware of (...).

Cleanse. If you don't have cleanse then grab Quicksilver Sash if you're a likely target.

The thing about Mordekaiser is that he lacks any real "tanking" abilities. He can take a beating and do some hurt but he can't control the tide of battle like Alistar; knocking people up and throwing them away / giving your team an enemy. Rammus and Shen; taunting enemies.

Well there is truth to what you say.. He has no CC or positioning game.. But in low-mid and maybe some high ELO he tanks great..
The thing about Morde.. He's suppose to be a tank. His early game is great and he isn't a carry needed to be carried. So, he can have a good time and get himself lots of items, which gives him lots of damage for a tank..
Again, I'm not complaining about Morde or calling him OP, I just don't like the sound of a champion not fed at all running off into a 2v1 naturally to win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users