Does sunfire cape stack on different champions?

12 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Nago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Summoner Name:Nago
  • Server:EU
Hey guys,

I know the sunfire passive doesnt tack on one champion, but what if two chamions build them? Will the auras stack?

OFFLINE   Scooterpie

I think I'll call you Scooter...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Summoner Name:Scooterpie
  • Server:EUW
So say that Renekton brings one, Amumu another and a teamfight commence. Only one of them will actually deal damage?

OFFLINE   Amadeus

Frozen King Thrax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationGreece and iam proud of it
  • Summoner Name:Axelman
then why the hell aegis stacks its aura is unique too..
Posted Image

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Soulgain00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it only stacks if you have one, so the effect from YOUR aegis is considered item effect, and you receive the aura from the 2nd one.
The buffs would read (Aegis of the Legion - Aegis of the Legion Aura).

OFFLINE   caspercom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFeeder team
  • Summoner Name:Caspercom

View PostAmadeus, on 17 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

then why the hell aegis stacks its aura is unique too..

Aegis stacks?

The thing with Aegis is that it has both a normal effect and an aura. The normal effect stacks, the passive doesn't.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OFFLINE   Herbstrabe

Poet of Destruction

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSchafberg
  • Summoner Name:Herbstrabe
If you build an aura item which grants this aura to your team and another member of your team builds it too, you would have the aura twice, the other guy who built the item would have it twice, but every other member of your team would get it only once.

I hope this clarifies everything a little bit...
"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time."
Terry Pratchett

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Waltorz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Summoner Name:Waltorz
Sounds about right
I'll just clarify it a bit more, trying to visualize it
5 players in 1 team. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
1 and 2 have an Aegis.
1 and 2 have two buffs, 3, 4 and 5 have only one.
Strength in unpredictability

OFFLINE   Nanbu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:US
2 Sunfire capes in a teamfight is still useful. Just because 2 champs have it, doesn't mean they are at the exact same spot.

View PostWaltorz, on 17 May 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

Sounds about rightI'll just clarify it a bit more, trying to visualize it5 players in 1 team. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 1 and 2 have an Aegis.1 and 2 have two buffs, 3, 4 and 5 have only one.

This regarding Aegis.

OFFLINE   BabySlapMeHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Summoner Name:PM me and ask

View PostNanbu, on 17 May 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

2 Sunfire capes in a teamfight is still useful. Just because 2 champs have it, doesn't mean they are at the exact same spot.

If it goes with your build, yes. Sunfire Cape is still a great item, specially for Melee champs, since it provides the so much needed survivability plus some extra damage.
+1,276 posts from lost accounts. Thank you, Chrome.

"I lure them fairies yet fancy mermaids. Clever design thy God crafts. What hath she, cosmos?
I lure them all, yet fancy mermaids. On shores far from Athens I sense thy presence. I carry my sword, unbroken, unsheathed, stained not from blood-lusted battles, for I am pure at heart, strong at will. I lure them faries, yet fancy you... mermaid"

Posted Image
Sight Warden Clan Member

OFFLINE   1ronlung

Black Jesus

• Members
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU
  • Summoner Name:1ronLung

Awards

Talon
have any of you TESTED whether or not sunfires stack on diff team mates. cause you seem to be saying a lot of stuff that doesnt make sense. sunfire capes are not auras. they are a unique passive.

thats like saying IF I HAVE A MADREDS, AND MY TEAM MATE HAS ONE THE DAMAGE WILL ONLY PROC FROM ONE OF OUR MADREDS.

such is not the case. the cape has a DPS effect in an area around the champ holding it. i am 99% sure a DPS effect like that wouldnt be restricted to 1 per team. it is a unique, so you cannot stack the DPS on the same champion.

going in game to check now

Edit: just checked in game to be certain.
sunfire capes on 2 different champions on the same team both do damage. They DO NOT stack on 1 champion. but if you and an ally both get sunfires, they will both do damage to a single enemy in range.

please do not post incorrect information as if it is fact.
Posted Image
sig by CCBeara <3

OFFLINE   berzerk dragon

0% moe, 120% explosions

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1002 posts
  • LocationIn America!
  • Summoner Name:berzerk dragon
On a semi-related note, if you're playing Mordekaiser and you don't have enough health to cast a spell, you cast the spell and go down to 1 HP instead of dying or not casting the spell ;)

OFFLINE   Daeron

• Honoured Members
  • 1611 posts
/confirm 1ronlung

Since the Sunfire's passive is just a point-null AoE damage spell, it has nothing to do with aura stacking. It's like a constant version of Burning Agony's damage component.

As for Aegis of the Legion stacking, if two champions in the same team purchase it they will get the auras twice (wielder and receiver), anyone else will only receive it once.

Edited by Daeron, 18 May 2011 - 12:19 PM.

Gift from Hellbreaker
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Feanor

Mad cucumber of pure pwnage

• Honoured Members
  • 3996 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Summoner Name:TheEnzo
Ninja moderation striking.

As 1ronlung said, don't pretend to know something if you didn't test. I double tested it to be sure and it does work!

Upload your replays today!

-

Posted Image

Rune Calculator| I reserve the right to be completely wrong at any time |

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users