Morgana items

14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JayJip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Im starting to get into morgana i think shes an awsome initiator and can put in her share of the dps. The only thing im thinking is thata if is better to get a bit of cooldown with her or just go all out Ap i dont normally get health because i play a very safe game and ive never seemed to need it.

So the question is:

Is it better to get a bit of cooldown reduction or just go full AP?

Posted Image

[IMG]

OFFLINE   Zmiler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
i played a lot of games with her

the problem is Q got nerfed in the last patch so with mercs the dmg isnt high and doing full dmg with W is as good as impossible
but her ulti is realy great. to land it on 3-4 enemys you need hp

i prefer going for hp and cd reduction items + chalice.
if you want ap get RoA early + elixir should be enough. i dont think that mejais is worth getting on her

and a "tanky" morgana is realy hard to kill

OFFLINE   JayJip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
ok ill keep that in mind and try it soon. Im just finding that even though im the one keeping people from getting away, that im not the one getting focused and its my teammates that are being burneds down.

Posted Image

[IMG]

OFFLINE   Zkena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSerbia
  • Summoner Name:Zkena
  • Server:EU
The nerf on Q is not that big imo , they reduced the cooldown too. As for build,try focusing on ap and cd more than health, cause she's got some nice ap ratios, I rush chalice, because she is highly mana dependant, plus with her passive and enough mana she has good lane staying power. For boots i mostly get Sorc, as I rely on my shield to protect me from mages. Soulstealer is a must for me. I think she can hold on those stacks (I never had a problem with that, but try your own way :D) The rest of items are situational.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   JayJip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
i tend to get a feindish codex as a starting item then sorc shoes as the codex gives me CD, AP and some mana regen. i normally find this is enough mana regen as i tend to get a bit of mana later then a archangels staff.

Posted Image

[IMG]

OFFLINE   Pieceofcandy

『 Ex-Senior Member 』

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1606 posts
I usually rush Rod on her, gives you everything you need and Catalyst keeps you laning till you can afford the Blasting Wand/Combine cost.

After that and boots like everyone said it's pretty situational, if they're not focusing you grabbing AP items will make them think twice about leaving you unchecked. If they are, building a tanky item or two lets you wade into the middle of them and blow your ultimate and let your team clean up.

OFFLINE   FiveDigits

The Grim Squeaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Summoner Name:FiveD
  • Server:EU
I really like Nashor's Tooth on her. It offers everything Morgana likes: AP, CDR and mana reg. I find it sufficient as her only CDR item. The IAS on it also benefits her recently (1.0.0.83) improved physical attacks.

OFFLINE   Praetorian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I too have found Morganna extremely enjoyable of late. The nerf to her abilities is annoying, but not totally devastating. Personally I go Chalice -> Mejai immediately. Mejai as Morgana you should be able to keep many stacks on her with no problems. Then I grab boots, normally merc treads because that mobility is key with ulti.

After that I evaluate the game and team. If caster heavy and I may need an emergency shield I will grab banshee's. Otherwise black shield alone is good enough. I typically grab an ROA. Then I look at a frozen heart, void staff or abyssal sceptor. If I see a nasty tank team, I will look at a deathfire grasp for the extra boom.

These items, with runes should see you in the neighborhood of 350 ap on her allowing you some pretty decent damage. And late game your stacks should be high enough that even if you die, the assists and kills you get in the process should basically offset the loss.

OFFLINE   GiRLSTAR

Writer of things.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
@.@ you're all crazy !

The problem with Rod, is that Morgana *doesnt* need the health. Black shield makes her immune to ANY slows, snares, stuns, etc, and between the reduced cooldown on her Dark Binding and the slow/stun on her Ult you should have no problem surviving anything.

So you're spending a significant amount of money on an item that you're only really getting for a moderate amount of mana, and 60-100 AP (depending on how long the game goes after you can afford it).

The problem with building cooldown reduction, is that because Morgana is a mostly-skillshot reliant champion. (Like Blitz). Because of this, you can have incredibly high burst damage to a single target. (Dark Binding, Tormented Soil, Ult and Ignite will kill just about anything.) Yes reduced cooldowns will allow you to cast more Dark Bindings, and possibly land more if its a pure numbers game. But if you cannot capitalize on them, then what does it matter? eg: What are the chances, that anyone will stand around and let you skillshot them repeatedly.

If you want CD Reduction, build torwards a Deathfire Grasp. Its another source of damage when you have a high health target trapped, and 25% Cooldown Reduction + the 9/10% from talents = 35% leaving you 5% under cap. Elixer or Golem will put you well over.

Mejai's is an absolute must have for Morgana. Generally because of her range, she dies the least out of almost all champions. Added on to the fact that Two of her abilities are AOE damage, one of her abilities is an initiator and you can gain assists off Black Shield.. gaining stacks should be a no-brainer.

The change to her Ult was the only real significant nerf as of last patch, as its harder to insta-gib people with your ult. But once you hit 500-600 AP (very easy to do within 35 minutes, in a winning game. Even in most losing games), nobody will want to stay around for the completion of it, and the additional 1200-1500 damage... giving your team a significant advantage in team fights. (Your team takes no damage, when their team is too busy running away while slowed.)

If you need the extra survivability, I would recommend the new Randuin's Omen. Black Shield will absorb a significant amount of magic damage, and the AOE Attack Speed slow, will reduce the amount of physical damage you take while you're ulting.

If you have followed by guide at all, another alternative is to rush your Zhonya's after your Mejai's. This immediately puts you at 200-300AP provided you havent been a complete slouch in your lane. The active on Zhonya's is an incredibly effective way to get people to stop focusing you while you're ulting.

OFFLINE   Baculus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Summoner Name:Baculus
  • Server:US
AP Morgana is thoroughly, thoroughly dead. The latest nerf to Q and R sealed it's fate. Her damage is entirely shut down by mercury treads, and if that isn't enough her abilities never did jawdropping damage to begin with. Ever tried to -hurt- a Mundo with Merc Treads? It doesn't work.

She's most viable as a full support hero. With 40% CD reduction her black shield has a cooldown of around 9 seconds, and it's up time is 8 seconds. You can keep it up on at least one person almost indefinitely, and with a bit of practice very few killing blows will be landed. Packing a few auras and her ult(Which is just another method of saving a teammate) and Morgana is set. She's also in a unique position of being able to keep the entire base safe during a push(Tormented soil under each tower, wipes out the minions, then CC the people at range).

Basic toolbox is Godess Tear, Sorceror Boots, Soul Shroud, and Frozen Heart(Or Glacial Shroud). It leaves a lot of choices open since the cost for all of those weighs in at 7300 gold.

OFFLINE   M3TR0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

If you have followed by guide at all, another alternative is to rush your Zhonya's after your Mejai's. This immediately puts you at 200-300AP provided you havent been a complete slouch in your lane. The active on Zhonya's is an incredibly effective way to get people to stop focusing you while you're ulting.

Interesting, so the zhonya active doesn't cancel your ultimate?

OFFLINE   guest142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Interesting, so the zhonya active doesn't cancel your ultimate?

No, it doesn't. It even goes off while you are immune if timed right. It's the same thing with Crowstorm. Using Zhonyas only aborts channels like Absolute Zero.

OFFLINE   Noburu

Worlds best winner at losing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
Yeah, Fiddles ult and Morganas ult are not channeled abilities.

OFFLINE   SunRabbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Doran's ring
Fiendish codex
Sorc Boots
Book (bonus for kills)
Scepter (which gives slow, 80 ap, 500 hp)
Ring 120 ap or staff w. 40% magic pen.

This gives nice hp, adds to kiting, provides needed 15 mp/10, magic penetration, ap, and cd reduction.

BTW, Morgana is my main, so I know her very well.

OFFLINE   SunRabbit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
I have to say that doran's ring probably has to be replaced by Chalice in my build. Long pushing is a very mana-hungry thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users