Shaco counter?

17 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   BraveLlLToaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
recently ive been playin a lot against shaco... and i REALLY dislike gettin matched up withh himm lately, i have never used him so dont exactly know the mechanics behind his skills and how works entirely. but i want to learn and ask any of you others out there for any tips on countering a shaco and how to defend if not counter shaco so that you can have the upper hand.

OFFLINE   xRemixed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Vision wards every where on the map.
He won't be able to surprise you ever again.

OFFLINE   eflores1080

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
Stuns. It's his nightmare. He runs in tries to spike on you from behind stun him and shut him down. If you don't have a character with a stun like soraka or something else that's squishy, wards or oracle's elixir will supply his demise the reason is Deceive which is shaco's disappear skill auto crits and does more damage from his passive from behind someone if you can see him you interrupt him before he can crit strike or even get behind you.

OFFLINE   lolaninja

The Ninja of Rawr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Focus Fire also works. Shaco tends to be squishy mid game and is very easily focus fired. Also never travel anywhere alone. 1v1 Shaco wins period. Oracle's Elixir doesn't work too well cuz Shaco's Deceive also has flash so he can just flash into melee before you can react. Vision wards own him though. Also play VERY defensively at lvl 1-5 ESPECIALLY lvl 1. At lvl 1, a good shaco can easily crit for 200+ which is generally half your HP unless you are a tank.
Posted Image

"People call my first rune page SUPER NOOB but then they see me play and go QQ" -Miya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
awesome i figured trying oracles, and wards but hate being the only one on my team having to buy stuff like that while my team mates feed shaco is frustrating.. always get stuck with dummys =[

OFFLINE   Jezzuz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
In one word : Jax

Nah, to be serious : If you are squishy just don't be silly and stand alone. Wards and oracles are no match imo, hence you'll loose too much money on that. Next team fight kills you, then shaco will be even more of a hell for you. Look out for red fumes in brushes around you. That from a 400 matches done on shaco player.

OFFLINE   FerociousKitteh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
If you manage to keep your shield up, Pantheon is great against him. Makes his first crit strike useless.

OFFLINE   Toothpick Strike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
If you see Shaco on the other team, lie down and cry, and beg for mearcy it isn't me your meeting :)

You might also want to build up armor, and go check for the mana golem, because a good shaco, loves mana regeneration golem buff.
Hopefully many people won't read this, and I might keep on owning with shaco :-)

But FerociousKitteh is right bout his blocking spell, it's hell annoying.
And alot of morgana seems to believe they are safe when they put on spell shield, by some weird reason, it only blocks jack in the box, and poison shiever (throwing knife spell).
Posted Image

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
okay sounds great thnx for the tips guys appreciate it. =]

OFFLINE   IVIARSHALL

The Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Just get some armor and he is dead.

Day of Reckoning

Shen Guide

[center]
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
=/ You can't kill me cuz i was born dead. =/
= )) With success comes failure. NOT! = ))

OFFLINE   Joykill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
as said above, most shacos go for the mana golem on their side at start of the game, most of the time using jitb... o ucan counter this really easy by just briefly running in, triggering his jitb then run away again, he's jitb will have activated and wont be able to kill golem for him...

OFFLINE   Uggii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
True true...and besides you don't need to gank/harass him at golem very hard if you are not sure how many allies shaco might have, but just triggering his Jitb will cause him to deny golem.
Against noob shacos (same as ww) you can easily fb him at golem, but don't wonder if he asks 2 or 3 allies to counter-gank in the grass behind him :D

In battle I'd say it is kinda hard, because a good Shaco don't initiate or runs into a fight right the way. Hes more like a twitch who is waiting until the big brawl begins and then jumps into battle going for the most squishiest heroes. (he just don't have that much AoE damage) If your team does not react instantly after his encounter he can bring down 1 or 2 members within seconds.

For me this is what i like on shaco. Wait for the right moment...and ambush them! If they're smart and want to focus you - double yourself and buy your team precious time to deal damage. Shaco is indeed squishy but no one ever said he can't be built on survivability.
Posted Image
Champions:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

OFFLINE   DaManeWidDaPlane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
get thornmail. Its a great item in general. Shaco doesnt have much health usually, and even less magic resistance. So if you reflect 30% of his attack damage back and take 50% of his damage cuz of armor, hes good as dead.Also, when he attacks ping him so if he doubles you can still tell which one is the real one. CC's of course too.

Also he deals 25% extra damage if you're running away, has a flash, and a slow, so keep that into account when deciding to run or fight.

Experience: occasional shaco player, and shaco hater because all shacos are selfish as hell in team play.
:(

OFFLINE   Miya

Rockstar

• miya
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Summoner Name:Miyabi xD
  • Server:US
As a shaco player I must say
CCs and aoes own shaco =x
Stuns and ganks too!
Thornmail imo is probably the best way to own a shaco user -.-
Shen, thornmail, frozen mallet. Shaco hates his life!

OFFLINE   DaManeWidDaPlane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

As a shaco player I must say
CCs and aoes own shaco =x
Stuns and ganks too!
Thornmail imo is probably the best way to own a shaco user -.-
Shen, thornmail, frozen mallet. Shaco hates his life!

thanks for the shout out! THornmail all the way!~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users