SIU Update for skin creators

13 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
  • Summoner Name:LGG
So, LoLViewer was able to read inibin files to be able to tell what files went to what official skin.. so for the first time I am able to dynamically let my program see exactly what is going on.

The next version of SIU (You can get it here )(if all goes well) will let skin creators export files inside rafs from a new tab in the program

Either organized by model
Posted Image
or by raf location, automatically only displaying files from the most recent archive
(no more searching or browsing around diferent raf versions to find a file)
Posted Image

Assuming even more stuff goes well.. there will also be the option to let SIU try and install a custom skin made for a default skin, instead put it on top of a official skin. (or vice versa)
(Edit: this is done too!)

Edited by lordgreggreg, 11 May 2012 - 12:13 AM.

OFFLINE   Royal Cherry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Summoner Name:Royal Cherry
  • Server:EU-W
Oh, that sounds nice in my ears :>
Always wanted to make my own particles but didn't find all the particle files for some champs so it bugged and ... you can imagine what I mean :b
Looking forward to install this. ^-^

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
oh yeah...
particles are always a huge pain in the ass..
unfortunately, they are a pain for my program too.. so far it can only see what models and textures go with a character.. not particles

yet .. :)

OFFLINE   SlinkyTheDrunk

as seen on the internet

• Skinners
  • 650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Summoner Name:SlinkyTheDrunk
  • Server:US
awesome. i've been using the heropak i saved from right before it was phased out. but this will be much nicer.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
alright, got the first part done.
also fixed up a issue where air files didn't uninstall correctly, so figured i should push a update now instead of later.

https://sites.google...ite/siuupdates/

it also has the added benefit of not having to be closed when you want to play a LoL game. (though, during export and startup you will still need to not be in a loading screen)

now to try and pick apart every skin.. figure out what models it is trying to replace.. and then make it optionally replace a different one.. DX

yeah.. tomorow.

Edited by lordgreggreg, 03 November 2011 - 09:14 AM.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Summoner Name:Granthan
I don't know if this is because of the major overhaul, but LolViewer is not included. If it's not intended to be, please have it detect that and disable the corresponding buttons/menu options. Currently they throw exceptions.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
Thanks for the heads up, just fixed the errors.
https://sites.google...ite/siuupdates/

for clarification, a modification of LoLViewer is included and used by SIU. It should not give errors, but should work :)

also, i updated the display to color code names based on the last verson they were updated in,
Posted Image

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
The new siu wont allow file addition. That is, when I try to drag and drop it does nothing, and when I try to add files/directories with the buttons, it throws "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Same happens for all files types.

Also, selecting LolViewer from the debug menu throws "System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'SplitterPanel'."

Lastly, when I select the tree drop-down of RAF and it is loading the data with a background worker, if I collapse the drop down and re-open, it tries to spawn another background worker, which throws an exception. Maybe wrap that in a try-catch, or check for another instance already running before spawning, or lastly, disable tree dropdown changes while the background worker is working.

Perhaps have program execution first open a loading window, then when the LoL files are finishe being scanned, it opens the main window. That prevents people like me from fiddling while we wait. Ha ha!

I really hope all these small errors can be fixed. I really enjoy your program! Keep up the good work.

Edited by RichieSams, 08 November 2011 - 04:20 PM.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

View Postlordgreggreg, on 02 November 2011 - 09:56 PM, said:

oh yeah...
particles are always a huge pain in the ass..
unfortunately, they are a pain for my program too.. so far it can only see what models and textures go with a character.. not particles

yet .. :)

The only fully automated way I could think of would be parsing the DATA/Spells/Icons2D names for spellname to champion references, then using that to parse the troybin files for .XXX entensions and then finally reference those files to the champion. Maybe store it in memory as a 3 dimensional array, the top being champion name, second being particles and torybins, and the third an array of these files. IE. ["Annie"]["Particles"]["Disintegrate.dds"] This could then be stored as say a csv so the whole parsing process only has to happen when new files are discovered.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostRichieSams, on 08 November 2011 - 04:06 PM, said:

The new siu wont allow file addition. That is, when I try to drag and drop it does nothing,

I really hope all these small errors can be fixed. I really enjoy your program! Keep up the good work.

fixed!
sorry about that

View PostRichieSams, on 08 November 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

The only fully automated way I could think of would be parsing the DATA/Spells/Icons2D names for spellname to champion references, then using that to parse the troybin files for .XXX entensions and then finally reference those files to the champion. Maybe store it in memory as a 3 dimensional array, the top being champion name, second being particles and torybins, and the third an array of these files. IE. ["Annie"]["Particles"]["Disintegrate.dds"] This could then be stored as say a csv so the whole parsing process only has to happen when new files are discovered.

that is about right, going to need to spend some time playing with them troybins.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Yay!!! Sound installation works now. :) That saves me so much time. Comment on that though, when I added any sound files, it automatically also added 25 other sound files: odin female, corperate mundo, dandy chogath, shyvana, and demonsword tryndamere. Not really a problem for me because they are all the default files anyways, but just curious as to why it happens.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
that is what you call a tacky fix :P

from some reason fbext confuses itself and forgets to name files how it wants to find them when its ready to pack again

so i just renamed the ones it crashes on correclty and made it toss them into the mix so it finds them and doesnt crash.

(i could have done this in the background, but i wanted it to be visable so people can sorta see what is going on)

Thanks for testing the sound btw, i hanvt had a chance to

Edited by lordgreggreg, 08 November 2011 - 09:51 PM.

OFFLINE   miscelanus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
lordgreggreg, first I want to thank you for everything you've done, I LOVE the SIU tool.

I've been dabbling with the new tab you added for the program, and I've been trying to export official non-classic skins and trying to load them. It seems like I can successfully get the DDS, SKL, SKN, etc files, but for some reason after installing the skins, I can never get the skin to appear in game. Is there something that I'm missing?

I've successfully used your program to install custom skins...I don't understand why I can't install official ones. Am I not using the exporting tool correctly, or am I not choosing the right files to export? Could you give us a quick tutorial on what we would have to do to accomplish this?

I would really appreciate if you could help me. Thanks!

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
my best guess, is that you are replaceing the bought skin with the bought skin you exported.

you will need to rename it first to match the files of the defualt skin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users