How To !EASILY! swap a paid riot skin with default.

siu tutorial swap skin paid riot lgg

171 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Summoner Name:Granthan
  • Server:US

View PostIgor_Z, on 07 January 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I have a problem with swapping and installing new LoL skins. Issues related to this, that and that thread.

The main issue is that I can't even begin to follow the steps of the tutorials because my folder of LoL doesn't look the same way as described.
The directory mentioned "C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\DATA\Characters\" on my PC is "F:\Games(Installed)\League of Legends\"

In that folder I don't have the folders Game, Data, Characters or folders like that. I only have two folders LOGS and RADS. Therefor I can't make any changes i.e I can't follow the steps presented by the tutorial creators. I saw that this was not illegal or punishable so I wanted to try out some custom skins.

I searched a lot and found multiple threads(tutorials), but all suggest similar ways to alter the game files. On my PC that is not allowed.
I tried using SIU, but when I try to update, like it says in the tutorial, it doesn't let me and shows the two messages, shown below.

I do have to note that my game isn't installed, but copy-pasted on my computer from a USB and that I have a Windows XP operating system.
I do not think that the installation of the game is making problems because the game works perfectly fine. In fact, it has been installed on another computer, but copied to mine.

I would be very grateful if someone helps me. Thank you in advance

For the moment, don't worry about updating. Just download the most recent version from: https://sites.google...ite/siuupdates/

Unzip it to say, your desktop and run it from there. In the beginning it should throw an error saying it can't find your LoL install. Press OK and click on the "Options" menu, then the "Change Game Client Location" option. Browse to you "lol.launcher.exe", select it, and press OK. A message will pop up that says the program data is out of date, press "Yes". Let the progress bar finish and you should be all set.

From there follow the directions at the beginning of this thread.

For general installation of skin files, you have to be careful which tutorial you follow. Some are out of date and do not represent Riot's new file system. I suggest this one: http://forum.leaguec...p-updated-1312/

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts
  • Summoner Name:LGG
Keep trying with siu, to get past your main issue, install
this
http://www.microsoft...19-81da479ab0d7

then you should be able to hit te "game client" button, or some other way direct it to your Lol Installation.

this link bellow will have general tuts on SIU , though it may just come naturally
http://forum.leaguec...opic=31502&st=0

this topic wil have info related specifically to using riot skins.

OFFLINE   Igor_Z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
I asked a friend to help me out and we tested this on another PC. The same issue occured but we searched on google and found this video.
Apparently my .net framework didn't let SIU through. I remember I had .net framework v(2.0, 3.0, 4.0). Three of them, yes I am a sledgehammer xD.
I had all of these versions installed thinking that my PC would work better and with greater performance.
For any of you who have the same problem this is how I fixed it:
1. Open the video on youtube
2. In the description open the "Clean-up Tool" link.
3. Download the file and let it clean out all versions of .net framework
4. In the description of the youtube video there is another link "Net Framework". Open it and download that exact version of .net framework. I think it was 3.5
-Do note that if it doesn't let you open Microsoft pages you do this:
= Start > Run > Type services.msc > Press Ok > A new window will pop up > Find DNS Client > Right Click > Stop
5. Now you can open the page and download the file. Install the file, then run SIU again(Skin Installer Ultimate).
6. Wait until it gets updated and select your "launcher.exe" from your install directory, if it asks you.
7. Download skins from www.leaguecraft.com/skins
8. You will most likely download them in a zip file. Don't extract them, just drag them with your mouse to SIU.

From there it is pretty much self-explanatory. Sorry if I caused much trouble, but wanted to clear this out. Thank you so much for your support and your tips, links and tutorials which were very helpful.
I hope you'd keep up the good work and I hope this helps other users with the same problem. Once again, thank you for your time.
BEST WISHES ;)

Edited by Igor_Z, 08 January 2012 - 11:41 AM.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostIgor_Z, on 08 January 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I fixed it:

glad to hear it, and thanks for posting your solution. I will add this to the main SIU post for others.

OFFLINE   Whyat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Summoner Name:Whyat
  • Server:EU
hi, i can't let this work ç_ç my siu works perfectly with all custom skins, i did all right from the list, point after point, it gives me no error, but, when i play the skin is the same as ever..... what should i must do?

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

View PostWhyat, on 08 January 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

hi, i can't let this work ç_ç my siu works perfectly with all custom skins, i did all right from the list, point after point, it gives me no error, but, when i play the skin is the same as ever..... what should i must do?

Sounds like when you installed you forgot to change what skin it's replacing. For example if you are installing frostfire annie over regular, the files will default to install over frostfire annie. You must change the checkboxes to default instead of frostfire.

OFFLINE   Whyat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationItaly
uhm sorry? what should i do please? ho can do this? i don't see any option to make this. shouldn't always change the main? the others replace the main always.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

View PostWhyat, on 08 January 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

uhm sorry? what should i do please? ho can do this? i don't see any option to make this. shouldn't always change the main? the others replace the main always.

So if you had SIU rip an official skin, when you install it will default to installing over what you just ripped. For example, I have Shadowfox Ahri ripped. When I go to install those files SIU thinks you are trying to install a custom skin overtop Shadowfox Ahri.

See image:
Spoiler

To have it install over the default skin so you can use it and see it, you have to change the checkboxes:
Spoiler

Then press "Done" and Ok on the rest of normal install screens. Let me know if you still have any other questions.

Edited by RichieSams, 09 January 2012 - 12:28 AM.

OFFLINE   yhuan1987

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
i can't view the image in ur tutorial. pls update the image on .jpg

btw, is this works on LOL Philippines?

Edited by yhuan1987, 09 January 2012 - 09:54 AM.

OFFLINE   Whyat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationItaly
i see, thank you so much for your help, it's more than appreciated :) oh anothern thing, is there a way to get the particles too? i mean, there are a lot of custom skins with custom particles, so shouldn't be a problem to get the particles too no? for example, teemo easterbunny skin got the egg instead of the mushroom, there is a way to swap that too? thanks

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostWhyat, on 09 January 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

i see, thank you so much for your help, it's more than appreciated :) oh anothern thing, is there a way to get the particles too? i mean, there are a lot of custom skins with custom particles, so shouldn't be a problem to get the particles too no? for example, teemo easterbunny skin got the egg instead of the mushroom, there is a way to swap that too? thanks

not yet. The way riot names the particles is not really logical enough for a program to intelligently figure it out.

if you go to the skin creation tab, and expand the particles tree, you can see as close as we are able to figure out. (basicly, just by champion so far)

OFFLINE   Whyat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationItaly
yeah i tryed, i saw only 4 files for easterbunny ulti and 10 for normal mush.... well boh :S

OFFLINE   Cr1D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
Need help. :S
I can only see one image(the one in step 3). Other images doesn't load. :( Also the character selection dialog doesn't show. It is my first time using this kind of stuff and it's pretty difficult to do this without screens for me (my english isn't very good). After i click "Please start adding this skin" button a window show up, which ask me to "specify the correct location for this file" and i don't know what should i write there or keep pressing "OK" button. I have SIU v3.312.

OFFLINE   lordgreggreg

LGG

• Sectional Moderators
  • 1000 posts

View PostCr1D, on 11 January 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Need help. :S
I can only see one image(the one in step 3). Other images doesn't load. :( Also the character selection dialog doesn't show. It is my first time using this kind of stuff and it's pretty difficult to do this without screens for me (my english isn't very good). After i click "Please start adding this skin" button a window show up, which ask me to "specify the correct location for this file" and i don't know what should i write there or keep pressing "OK" button. I have SIU v3.312.

Thanks, ill work on fixing the images.

if it is asking you to specify the correct location, that is a bad thing, and it probably means you added some stuff to the riot directory that doesn't belong there. Move w/e you added someplace else (maybe you put a skin in there?), then try again. You can get a hint to what does not belong if you open the drop down of that window and look at the options.

OFFLINE   Cr1D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

View Postlordgreggreg, on 11 January 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

and it probably means you added some stuff to the riot directory that doesn't belong there.

I've never copied anything into any folder where i have my league of legends.

I've tried to replace skin on LoL NA and it worked. I will try to re-instal my LoL EUNE and check if it will work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google