We'll use this against Level 5 Tristana with Flat Armor seals, so 43 armor, as level 5 Ashe, so 61 base damage.
- First we start by calculating total damage without runes: 61 + 3 from masteries = 64.
- Now we calculate the total armor she is going to deal damage against: (43 - 6 from masteries) - [.1*(43 - 6)] from masteries. Ashe's damage will be calculated against 33.3 armor.
- 33.3 armor reduces 33.3/(100+33.3) damage. Ashe's 64 AD will be reduced by 24.9812%
- So 64 - (64*.249812) = 48.012 total damage.
- Now we will calculate how the additional 15 damage from runes will affect this. Ashe now has 79 total AD. 79-(79*.249812) = 59.2648 total damage.
- We now calculate the increase: 59.2648 - 48.012 = 11.2528 (rounded down to 11).
- Ashe gains 11 damage from going Flat AD Quints and Marks with 21/x/x against a target with 43 armor.
- Again we will calculate Ashe's total damage without runes: 61 + 3 from masteries = 64.
- We will again calculate the total armor that is going to be dealt damage against, but not including runes so we can see the damage increase. We have done this before: Ashe deals 48.012 damage without penetration runes.
- Now we will calculate the total armor that is going to be calculated against including runes. Ashe will have 31 total armor penetration + 10% after that calculation: (43-31) - [.1*(43-31)] = 10.8. Ashe's damage will now be calculated against 11 armor.
- 11 Armor reduces damage by: 11/111 = 9.9099%
- 64 - (64*.099099) = 57.65 or 58 damage dealt after penetration
- 57.65 - 48.012 = 9.638 damage (rounded to 10)
- Ashe's damage is increased by 10 with Armor Penetration runes vs. 43 armor.
Ashe deals more damage at level 5 with flat AD runes than with armor penetration runes on targets with 43 armor or less.
What was not considered:
- Targets with more armor
- Flat AD helps last hit
- Abilities that scale with AD at a ratio other than 1
Edited by Suzaku910, 26 February 2012 - 06:37 PM.