Introducing Dargon Manager - League of Legends Modifications without the Risk of File Corruption

RAF Manager Skin Installer Dargon The Dargon Project

55 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   ItzWarty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Summoner Name:ItzWarty
  • Server:NA
Hey everyone, one year ago I posted the RAF Dump and RAF Pack programs. Then, I released RAF Manager. Today, I'm releasing The Dargon Project, which I have worked on for almost a year (intensively for the last few months).
Download Links at www.ItzWarty.com, Virus scan at https://www.virustot...sis/1345288895/

Hey everyone,

Dargon is a free, open-source League of Legends skin installer and to-be modification development suite. Unlike its competitors, Dargon provides safe modification installations; you cannot corrupt your game's resource files, as Dargon doesn't modify your game's resource files directly. Instead, Dargon does a lot of stuff in memory, and intercepts a lot of League of Legends' function calls, in order to supply its own modifications.

Dargon is fast. You don't have to wait for RAF Manager to pack/restore files anymore; with Dargon, you simply toggle a switch. Don't like a modification? Delete the modification. Don't like Dargon? Delete Dargon, and all your modifications will disappear along with it.
Dargon supports AIR Client modifications, unlike RAF Manager. Because of its design, you can seamlessly switch between League of Legends installations, and Dargon will adjust itself to apply your modifications for those installations!

Try it yourself, and tell me what you think of it! I've been coding for around 10-12 years (I'll be 18 in December!), and I just want to get better and better at everything, including layouting and such. I'm going to maintain Dargon for at least a year, though since next year is my senior year of highschool, I'll probably be busy when school starts on monday.

I'll stick around to respond to this thread.

-ItzWarty

ps: A lot of things were promised in the linked reddit post. I'll get to them eventually, though there was a lot of other Dargon-related work to do. I ended up being the only person working on Dargon, and I've been pulling 15 hour coding days, nonstop to get this out to you!

tl;dr: Dargon is a freaking awesome League of Legends modification installer. With Dargon, you don't risk game resource corruption. More features will come in the near future.

Some modifications to try out:
FoxeUI - here - The Dargon Edition has a script in it to make it easier to customize the mod.

Tencent Artwork - http://na.leagueofle...d.php?t=1976480 - Artwork from the chinese League of Legends client. Both AIR Client Art and LoadScreens/Portraits!

Edited by ItzWarty, 26 August 2012 - 03:42 AM.

OFFLINE   SapphireStormLC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Congratulations on finishing it up and releasing it.

It looks cool.

OFFLINE   kenadit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i did everthing like in the dargon tutorial and my custom skins i put in there just wont be shown and yes i did check the box

OFFLINE   CupcakeTrap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Is this working for people so far?

I'm looking for a good skin installer to package the spider-free Elise skin with (once it's done). It'll be aimed at a lot of people who are new to custom skins, so I want something really stable and easy to use.

OFFLINE   Bziur

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Dragon is really unstable right now. Use SIU instead.
For me dragon crashed the moment I runed it.

OFFLINE   schmiedeacc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
hay when i select my path the programm says to me "form incomplete" what can i do ... ??? plsssss help !!!

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
  • Summoner Name:tazmcfly
  • Server:US
Looking forward to the new Dargon, It is sounding amazing so far. Thanks for taking the time to keep it going!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Set these as your desktop background. What!? Go here to learn how: http://tinyurl.com/8yccnqf
All riot logins have sound versions available!!!

OFFLINE   BallSucKing

• Skinners
  • 28 posts
  • Summoner Name:der b├Ącker
  • Server:euw
on the second window, no matter what i do it says "form incomplete"

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
for me, I just had to create a new path for the second one in the list to make it go forward in installing. Have you tried redoing the paths?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Set these as your desktop background. What!? Go here to learn how: http://tinyurl.com/8yccnqf

OFFLINE   Hane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
I cant get it to work. It just crashes on start up every time. Nothing and i mean NOTHING ive done will fix it...

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
Quoting myself here:

"Dargon as it is currently on the website was created a year ago an is considered in beta status. The developers are currently working on the new and improved awesome version that is not ready yet. In other words, if the beta isn't working, be a little patient and wait for the new release. The beta in its current state is not really being supported since they are working on the new version for release."

OFFLINE   EBuyuran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIstanbul
  • Summoner Name:Efe Buyuran
  • Server:EU West
Actually, I'm having the same problem. I'm just posting the error code here in case there is a quick fix I can use. If there isn't, I'll just wait for the new version.

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: CLR20r3
Signature du problème 01: dargon manager.exe
Signature du problème 02: 1.0.0.0
Signature du problème 03: 50399753
Signature du problème 04: Dargon Manager
Signature du problème 05: 1.0.0.0
Signature du problème 06: 50399753
Signature du problème 07: de
Signature du problème 08: 7
Signature du problème 09: System.NullReferenceException
Version du système: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 5861
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Information supplémentaire n° 3: f3d5
Information supplémentaire n° 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Edited by EBuyuran, 31 January 2013 - 09:09 AM.

OFFLINE   linsanity300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
i could not open the file

it told me to open the DargonD file,but when i clicked it, it doesn't work

i already installed Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributables

When I clicked Dargon.exe

it shows it couldn't connect

OFFLINE   TheMightyCreep

Unnecessarily weeb

• Moderators
  • 1542 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:DotA 2

View Postlinsanity300, on 19 February 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

i could not open the file

it told me to open the DargonD file,but when i clicked it, it doesn't work

i already installed Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributables

When I clicked Dargon.exe

it shows it couldn't connect

Literally two posts above yours it says this:

View Posttazmcfly, on 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Quoting myself here:

"Dargon as it is currently on the website was created a year ago an is considered in beta status. The developers are currently working on the new and improved awesome version that is not ready yet. In other words, if the beta isn't working, be a little patient and wait for the new release. The beta in its current state is not really being supported since they are working on the new version for release."

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Summoner Name:Granthan
ItzWarty finished his robotics busy season and I've been chewing away at coding the UI, so expect to see some visible progress soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users