Introducing Dargon Manager - League of Legends Modifications without the Risk of File Corruption

RAF Manager Skin Installer Dargon The Dargon Project

55 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   49ersfanforeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Okay I feel almost like a failure. I got rid of Dargon as I thought it was the reason my LoL login screen wasn't opening. But, I didn't think it would be a big deal trying to reinstall it... Boy am I wrong. For some reason Dargon won't even open anymore. I consistently get a msg that says "Unable to connect to the Dargon Daemon (DargonD). Please try to run DargonD.exe manually." Which I have tried already.
I can post the manager/service logs if you that would help you diagnose the problem? It seems as if the problem is that it cannot find Dargon Daemon which is kind of odd because I see it in the file. I thought about maybe my computer firewall was stopping it but I hit a dead end there too. So if you can maybe try to help that would be fantastic. If not, looks like I am meant to buy skins hahahaha

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Summoner Name:Granthan
  • Server:US
I mean you can try, but the old Dargon Manager isn't supported anymore. We've already fixed most of the errors people are having. We're pushing for a June 1st release.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
The Beta of Dargon didn't have a lot of helpful error checking. That is, if a skin fails, Dargon won't tell you.

Try putting the files in the folder structure that they are in the RAF files. So:
  • DATA
    • Characters
      • Sivir
        • Info
          • Sivir_Square.dds
          • Sivir_Circle.dds
        • SivirLoadScreen.dds

Then drag the whole folder into Dargon. This will help it to identify which .dds you are trying to replace. Also, realize these are the in-game images, NOT the AIR client images.

OFFLINE   ranqed300

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
If I recall correctly, you have been saying that you will be releasing Dargon for the last three months every other week or so.
You don't update your website and you hardly ever update the status of Dargon to your followers unless someone budges you.

Is this a joke you have inbetween you and ItzWartzy or are you going to deliver on one of your weekend "Beta" trials at some point within the next 6 months?
It really makes you look extremely unprofessional.
I don't know how to code and I'm not taking that away from you.

Honestly, this is quite disappointing. Even if you are sitting your school exams. At least take sometime out of your day to say something about the development of Dargon every week or so out of your own initiative.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite all of this. I'm looking forward to the new skin installer.
Apparently you will be releasing a new Beta today. Is this correct?

Edited by ranqed300, 01 June 2013 - 02:28 AM.

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
  • Summoner Name:tazmcfly
if you take a look at some of RichieSams posts, you'd see that he does give updates on the installer.

Also, "unprofessional"? This implies that creating the new Dargon is his profession. It is not. He has a life, and a busy one at that. IF he has free time, and he chooses any of it to spend working on this installer, you should be VERY grateful that he chooses to do so at all. Without the developers of the new Dargon, we custom skin lovers would have no hope of having a working installer AT ALL.

Please lose this attitude. It's disgusting and does not help anything at all. The Dargon project is a voluntary thing that these developers are doing as a favor to this community. He said they were pushing for a June release, so we'll be patient and wait it out. They're doing their best. If you want more updates, I recommend following them on twitter. They mention working on Dargon often, so we know it's happening. Every one is excited for the release, but I'd rather have something that worked at a later time, than something that half works at an earlier time. Please try to be more patient.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Set these as your desktop background. What!? Go here to learn how: http://tinyurl.com/8yccnqf
All riot logins have sound versions available!!!

OFFLINE   ItzWarty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Summoner Name:ItzWarty
  • Server:NA
Hey everyone,

Since Adrian joined back in December, we've been working to get a release out - releasing Dargon's definitely on our minds, and it's something of a large importance to us. As has been the case since 2011, I'll be working on Dargon for the entire summer. Fortunately for me, two other software developers have joined alongside a graphics designer.

It's in my power to say that the others have recently signed non-disclosure agreements and thus are now unable to broadcast all the things they've been doing. Unfortunately, now is not the time for me to share those things, either. That being said, I'm aware that communicating with our future user-base is extremely important and that openness will be major factor in our long-term success.

The blanketing NDA isn't the greatest thing ever, and that's something that I want to phase out when doing so becomes appropriate.

To address ranqed's post, Adrian's the person who has most often mentioned the push-backs in our meetings. I can assure you we would run into a plethora of issues (both short-term and long-term) if we were to release Dargon at this point - we are unable to do so. A few months ago, I was extremely busy, and honestly, the early June release seemed extremely plausible. Our perception of the road ahead of us has drastically changed, and we've stopped handing out ETAs on Dargon's release.

As stated on my Twitter Feed (@ItzWarty)
May 29:
"I'll repeat this since I've been asked a few times. The project isn't orphaned; rather, it's growing, and we need more people."
"I've been busy recently [working on a lot of Dargon-related things], sorry for the lack of responses/etas for Dargon via all forms of communication."

- ItzWarty

Edited by ItzWarty, 04 June 2013 - 07:58 AM.

OFFLINE   1kar0s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
Can't start the program, tried everything error: Dragon Stopped working at Start up.

Look like a Framework problem uninstalled x5 the manager and my framework still no result.
Grrrr.. All I want is to extract or change files for my nami skin ~.~

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
  • Summoner Name:tazmcfly
You can still use the Raf Manager to extract files: http://itzwarty.com/RAF/

It's reinstalling them back into the game that's the issue. That's what we have to wait for the new Dargon Installer for.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Set these as your desktop background. What!? Go here to learn how: http://tinyurl.com/8yccnqf
All riot logins have sound versions available!!!

OFFLINE   ItzWarty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Summoner Name:ItzWarty
  • Server:NA
I've posted a schedule with tentative dates for the upcoming Dargon alpha release.
https://docs.google....NsR3VmMXc#gid=0

OFFLINE   waex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Hello there ....
ItzWarty don't know how but i have problem with the DragonManager .... its not working i don't know why is there a solution to fix it ... i have windows 7 and it says DragonD stopped working .... .HELP .

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Edited by RichieSams, 17 November 2013 - 09:04 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users