69 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Summoner Name:Granthan
  • Server:US
Skin Installer Ultimate v4

I have decided to forgo this project in favor of helping ItzWarty with The Dargon Project: http://www.itzwarty.com/
I though about it for a long time, and it just seemed pointless to have two competing applications. Thus I have met up with ItzWarty and we are actively working on Dargon. We are hoping to have a large content update done by new years:
  • Many internal upgrades that will help efficiency and lower memory cost
  • Installing custom skins over a certain RIOT skin
  • Changing recommended items
  • Custom text editing
  • The start of a data mining engine
This all said, I am still looking at your suggestions here and will try my hardest to get them implemented in Dargon.

Spoiler

Edited by RichieSams, 24 January 2013 - 03:58 AM.

OFFLINE   schmiedeacc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
Hey guy,

i red some of ure posts.... and i love ure new project !! its very nice that u want to create a new siu for us.

thank u and good luck ;-)

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Updated first post with download link of initial build

OFFLINE   Klein Loki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
Please add a way to put custom sounds.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Uninstallation is currently broken. I'm looking into it. In the meantime, I'm taking down the download link. It should be fixed soon.

Uninstallation is fixed. Link is back up. Next on the to-do list is make install/uninstall work in the background so the GUI doesn't freeze during these operations.

Edited by RichieSams, 12 December 2012 - 06:33 AM.

OFFLINE   schmiedeacc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
looks very nice ... good job

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
New version out. v4.0.2

Sqlite should now be included with the binaries. You should no longer see the "This program might not have installed correctly" dialog.

Edited by RichieSams, 13 December 2012 - 05:24 AM.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
The parentals are coming into town for the weekend, so I won't be working on SIU. But I'll see what I can get done over this next week.

OFFLINE   zer11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Posted Image

OFFLINE   BallSucKing

• Skinners
  • 28 posts
  • Summoner Name:der b├Ącker
  • Server:euw
you could add a search function. also you could make custom sounds easier. i also unlike the custom text tool. if you install a skin and uninstall it afterwards you get many many bugs such as if you edit custom text of the abilities and uninstall the skin the game just displays nothing there.

OFFLINE   SoHigh

Advanced Member

• Skinners
  • 178 posts
The custom sounds are really a great idea. You really should iproove the finding and replacing methods of them like an extra folder...it should be models+animation+textures particles and sounds

Oh and I really apreciate what you are doing here! I loved and still love the "old" SIU but I bet zhe new version will rock even more!(maybe even more than malphite)

OFFLINE   rayquaza88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Thank you.

How did you do to fix the issue with some characters skins not working like le blanc or teemo?

Edited by rayquaza88, 25 December 2012 - 02:50 AM.

OFFLINE   RichieSams

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
Thanks for the feedback. Especially about the custom text uninstall issue. I didn't know that would happen.

I have decided to discontinue this project in favor of helping ItzWarty with The Dargon Project: http://www.itzwarty.com/ It already supports skin installation and sound installation.

I thought about it for a long while, and decided that there was no point in having two competing applications. That being said, I have joined up with ItzWarty and we are both working on getting the most features into The Dargon Project. We're hoping to push some major content by the new year.
  • Many internal upgrades that will help efficiency and lower memory cost
  • Installing custom skins over a certain RIOT skin
  • Changing recommended items
  • Custom text editing
  • The start of a data mining engine

OFFLINE   tazmcfly

• Sectional Moderators
  • 734 posts
  • Summoner Name:tazmcfly
Hey that sounds great! Two heads are better than one right? I'm excited to see the output. I would say that I loved the User Interface of SIU more than Dargon's UI, just being picky I guess, but it always seemed that SIU was more user friendly. That reminds me. Does Dargon install files like SIU did, or does it do something different to install skins? Always curious about that. :)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Set these as your desktop background. What!? Go here to learn how: http://tinyurl.com/8yccnqf
All riot logins have sound versions available!!!

OFFLINE   andrestse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Actually SiU can already instal custom skins on a RIOT skin. But the custom text will rock

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users