[Tool] LoL Skin Installer - Skin Installation and Management Tool

105 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Summoner Name:Tsou
  • Server:US
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE OR MESSAGE ME WITH QUESTIONS ON THE PROGRAM!

I have not worked on this project for over a year and no longer maintain the program. The version I uploaded over a year ago will NOT work with the current client. Lordgreggreg has my original source code and created an open source project to update/maintain/expand the project. His post with info and downloads can be found here: http://forum.leaguec...w-launcher-v30/

Attached File(s)

Edited by sGun76, 02 January 2012 - 09:22 PM.

Creator of Skin Installer Ultimate - A user friendly custom skin installation and management tool!

OFFLINE   Xocolatl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Awesome. This is very easy to use. I give it 3 thumbs up!!!

OFFLINE   MrPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

- Upon first opening the program you may be asked to locate your League of Legends.exe file if its not in the default location (C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsgameLeague of Legends.exe).

how can i change that into the good folder ? I don't see any instructions 'bout that.

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

- Upon first opening the program you may be asked to locate your League of Legends.exe file if its not in the default location (C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsgameLeague of Legends.exe).

how can i change that into the good folder ? I don't see any instructions 'bout that.

- If when you launch the program you see this then everything is already set up correctly and you can go ahead and use the program.

- If when you launch the program you see this then you will need to manually find your installation folder and navigate to League of LegendsGame and highlight the League of Legends.exe file then click 'Open'.

If you're not very good with computers and have no idea what I'm talking about then you can do this to find your game installation:
1. Right click on your League of Legends desktop (or start menu) icon
2. Click 'Properties'
3. Now look at the text box to the right of the "Start In" label (pic), thats going to be where your game is installed.
From within the open file dialog window that appears when you first run the Skin Installer program you'll want to navigate to that folder and then open the games folder, then click on League of Legends.exe, and finally click 'Open'.

I believe the default installation location for the file you need to open is at:
US client: C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsGameLeague of Legends.exe
EU client: C:Program FilesLeague of LegendsGameLeague of Legends.exe

For convenience I'll post a new version of the program above that automatically checks the EU client location.

OFFLINE   MrPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Thank you i see the prob :)
The problem is that i've US and EU game :P
So it will choose C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsGameLeague of Legends.exe i guess. Cause it install skin on riot game client :P
Then i've to remove US client or change his location ?

Anyway thx :)

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thank you i see the prob :)
The problem is that i've US and EU game :P
So it will choose C:Riot GamesLeague of LegendsGameLeague of Legends.exe i guess. Cause it install skin on riot game client :P
Then i've to remove US client or change his location ?

Anyway thx :)

Hmm, I never thought of that. You don't have to actually uninstall your US client, the Skin Installer only checks if the League of Legends.exe file is present in the folder so a quick fix for right now would be to just rename the League of Legends.exe in your US folder to something else (League of Legends1.exe for example) and then reopen the program and it should no longer detect the US client and instead pick up on the EU client.

If you just want to wait a little while I'll add an option in the next update (later tonight or tomorrow) to select US/EU client or manually select the destination folder in case you have multiple clients installed.

Edit: Version 06.13.10.1 released, it implements the features I mentioned in this post for US, EU, and a custom installation location.
- Added an automatic check for the US and EU clients, if both clients are found it defaults to the US client. If neither is found the user is asked to find their League of Legends installation.
- The active installation location (where your files will be installed) can be changed by simply clicking the three buttons that were added to the bottom left of the program "US", "EU", and "Other", the active installation location will be highlighted in bold green text

OFFLINE   MrPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
Great work thank you :D

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Great work thank you :)

Glad you're enjoying it!

Also I would really appreciate some feedback on the program from the users. Things that confuse you, things that don't seem to work as I described, or things you might like to see improved or added to the program.

I was messing around with the program and found a bug where it would still default to the file location in the programs settings (which is US by default) even if the installation didn't actually exist. This means that anyone with the EU client was still by default installing files to the US client location when they first ran the program and the only way to fix it was to click the EU button. Seems like a bug someone with the EU client would of noticed :P

OFFLINE   krazeeeyezkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
It works great, thanks so much! A lot more intuitive and better documented then some of the others I have looked at.

There's just one more thing that would be great, and that's some kind of a clear button. When I was replacing about 20 different skins, I was really worried about accidentally leaving one of the fields with the old champion, so it would be nice to have a button just to erase everything to avoid such accidents.

Keep up the great work!

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I've updated the Skin Installer with the new champion and all the new skins from patch 1.0.0.94. Additionally, I implemented a few new features to automatically identify and install skin files, automatically install a zip file, and create your own skin zip files.

Here are a list of changes and instructions on some new features:

- Added the new champion (Kog'Maw) and skin variants released in patch v1.0.0.94
- NEW FEATURES: Skin Pack Installer and Skin Pack Creator
-- Skin Pack Installer can now automatically install skin files, even reading them from a zip file! Additionally, Skin Pack Creator can easily create user friendly zip files for distributing your custom skins.
-- To install multiple skin files automatically:
-- -- 1. Navigate to the Skin Pack Installer tab
-- -- 2. Click 'Add Files' and select any files you wish to install. You can select multiple files at once, or click the button again to add additional files from different locations on your drive.
-- -- -- Note: Any files which can be identified as game files will be added to the list box. However, if a file cannot be identified it will not be added and a pop-up box will warn you of this error so that you can take any appropriate action (rename it, ignore it, etc)
-- -- 3. If you want to remove any files you added, click on the file to highlight it and then click 'Remove File' button
-- -- 4. When you're satisfied with the files in the file list click 'Install Files' to automatically install the files
-- To install skin files from a zip file:
-- -- 1. Navigate to the Skin Pack Installer tab
-- -- 2. Click 'Browse' and select the zip file you want to try to install (Note: Although Skin Installer is a very flexible program and can handle many different zip files automatically not every zip file will be compatible. If you have issues you may want to kindly ask the skin creator to make their future skin releaes compatible with Skin Installer, all that is required is that the file names are correct)
-- -- 3. Click the 'Install' button, if the skin creator included a *.txt file with their release (generally informational readme files) it will be automatically displayed. Any files in the zip that can be identified as League of Legends skin files will be installed. Additionally, you will be notified of any files that cannot be identified and these files will not be installed.
-- To package your custom skin files in a a zip file:
-- -- 1. Navigate to the Skin Pack Creator tab
-- -- 2. Enter the name of the zip file you wish to create
-- -- 3. Click 'Add Files' and add any game files you wish to include in the pack (Note: Only identifiable game files and a .txt file are allowed.)
-- -- 4. When you're satisfied with your pack click 'Create Pack' and a .zip file will be generated in the same directory where you are running the Skin Installer program from

Here is a video demonstration showing how installing files from a zip file works
Using the Skin Pack Installer with .zip files:
The video shows:
-I selected a number of recently posted skins, at random, and installed all of them using the automatic zip install feature of Skin Installer.
- First I install a skin for Nasus, you see the author included a readme file with this skin and its automatically opened.
- Now, I continue installing skins problem free until I try to install the Jax skin. You see I got a pop-up telling me that one of the files couldn't be identified and wasn't Installed. It turns out the author included a preview picture of what the skin looks like in game. While the program couldn't identify what it was, it was able to tell it wasn't a skin file and therefor didn't do anything with the file.
- Finally, the last interesting thing you'll see in the video is that the author of the Shaco skin accidentally named one of his files incorrectly (he had an extra space at the end of the name). The Skin Pack Installer was able to identify a problem with the file during installation and provide me with a warning. Because of this warning I was able to notice the extra space at the end of one of the file names correct it, and then reinstall the skin. If I were manually installing this particular skin I would have most likely not have noticed this minor error but it would have prevented the skin from working correctly in game.
Creator of Skin Installer Ultimate - A user friendly custom skin installation and management tool!

OFFLINE   aimshootdead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
HEY, can anyone help me out, i need like a LoL skin installer for dummies.... im rele new to this like today new and i dont know exactly wat im doing... i cant select US or this frozen kassadin skin i want, please some1 help me

OFFLINE   Najena

HeroesMod Founder

• Honoured Members
  • 458 posts
  • Summoner Name:Najena
Going to sticky this as mine is no longer being supported.
Posted Image
Guk.Rationale

Don't be afraid to private message me if you need any help on the forums. I'm here to help.

OFFLINE   sGun76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

HEY, can anyone help me out, i need like a LoL skin installer for dummies.... im rele new to this like today new and i dont know exactly wat im doing... i cant select US or this frozen kassadin skin i want, please some1 help me

If your talking about this skin (http://leaguecraft.com/skins/482) then you'll need to perform a few extra steps unfortunately as the author put it in a .rar file. Here is what you need to do after you download the skin:
1. Extract the file called '482.zip' to a new folder
2. Inside that folder extract the file called 'Files.rar' to a new folder (*Remember where this folder is, if you want you can drag it to your desktop so you can find it easier)
3. Now open Skin Installer, click on the 'Skin Pack Installer' tab at the top of the program.
4. Click on 'Add Files' (near the bottom right) and then navigate to the folder where you extracted the files. Select the Kassadin.dds file and click 'Open'.
5.Once again click on 'Add Files' and it should open to the same folder with the file you just added. Double click the 'Particles' folder, select all the files you see, then click Open.
6. Click the 'Install Files' button and you should get a pop-up that says "Installation complete. Processed 13 files." if you had everything added properly.

Hopefully thats simplified enough.

Also you said you 'cant select US'. I'm not sure what this means but if when you open skin installer you see this window then you just need to locate your League of Legends.exe file. If you installed the game to D:GamesLeague of Legends then the file is at D:GamesLeague of LegendsgameLeague of Legends.exe

If you don't see that prompt though then you don't need to worry about it. The program automatically checks a few locations to find your game installation and the only reason you would have to worry about the buttons at the bottom is if you have multiple games installed (for instance if you play on both he US and EU servers).

OFFLINE   Krysik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
I don't get it. Whenever I download it, it doesn't work. I extract the winrar file and then click on the skin installer. I get an error saying: Program has not been initiated correctly.

OFFLINE   SunshyneBlayze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Great work thank you :P

Glad you're enjoying it!

Also I would really appreciate some feedback on the program from the users. Things that confuse you, things that don't seem to work as I described, or things you might like to see improved or added to the program.

I was messing around with the program and found a bug where it would still default to the file location in the programs settings (which is US by default) even if the installation didn't actually exist. This means that anyone with the EU client was still by default installing files to the US client location when they first ran the program and the only way to fix it was to click the EU button. Seems like a bug someone with the EU client would of noticed :P

Something I noticed is that some of my skins work, but some of them just show up as the champion being completely blue in-game. And also, according to the people I lan with, my champion's skin is only visible to me. Have I done something wrong here? Feedback much appreciated.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users