Kassadin: Archangel's Staff Vs. Rod of Ages

22 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   krysander

i haz face melty for you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts

I play allot of kassadin and I rarely get mana items. What are you guys? ulting all over the place?

YES WE ARE! charge it up 20 times and deal 50000 damage

Ive tried that, even had a Soraka and Golem buff, only made it to something like 9 -11... ;)

you can really only get that high when theyre pushingyour nexus, or youre hanging out with the '90s era dave chappelle
to be is to do-socrates, to do is to be-sartre, do be do be do-sinatra
Posted Imageclick it...
Posted Image click the usebar by Melios for my guides!

OFFLINE   Rakoth

New Title Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2333 posts

I play allot of kassadin and I rarely get mana items. What are you guys? ulting all over the place?

YES WE ARE! charge it up 20 times and deal 50000 damage

Ive tried that, even had a Soraka and Golem buff, only made it to something like 9 -11... :D

you can really only get that high when theyre pushingyour nexus, or youre hanging out with the '90s era dave chappelle

QFT

OFFLINE   Cock-Maw

LEADERRZZZZZZZZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Summoner Name:BlitzkriegSnitch
  • Server:US
I generally get both, plus Sorc Shoes, plus Mejai, then Lich Bane. But not in that order.

OFFLINE   Rapid99

Dança da Morte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Summoner Name:Rapid99
Rod of Ages gives you a very tidy sum of stats compared with what you pay for it, you just have to make sure you complete the item itself not too late in the game since it takes a total of 15 minutes for Rod of Ages to max out its stats. It is an all round good item and the life it gives can make up for a few mistakes you may make while playing.

Archangels Staff however fullfills a different role. Rather than an all round caster item, Archangels is the item you buy to counter Kassadins inevitable mana issues. It gives a huge amount of Mana and Mana-per-5 and the AP it gives via its passive is not to be shrugged off either. Of course you can get blue buff to help counter your spells sucking away your mana, but play a couple of games with the staff and you'll find you can spam even more than you usually do, which is a good bonus for Kassadin.

If you find either you're not finishing Rod of Ages early, or you're not making too many miststakes, I personally would reccomend the Archangels Staff. Rod of Ages is amazing and the Catalyst gives you lots of laning power but I think the staff will get you further if you're comfortable with controlling Kassadin and feel you don't need the bonus life.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   dna

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
RoA-Arch-Sorc-Rylais-Frozen-Zhonyas = OP

OFFLINE   Heat n Serve

Mathcraft Master

• Administrators
  • 1929 posts
  • LocationPhoenix-ish
  • Summoner Name:Heat n Serve

Ive tried that, even had a Soraka and Golem buff, only made it to something like 9 -11... :)

Sounds like you didn't stack enough archangels... :huh:
All-inclusive Guides: How to Mathcraft | Gangplank

"in 5 minutes" Guides: Mordekaiser (Build 1, Build 2) | Galio | Jungle Malphite | Taric | Dominion Urgot

Click here to see Heat n Serve replays!

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Loathed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB
  • Summoner Name:LoathedOne
I usually go archangels cause I get the hp boosts from leviathan from earlier in the game.
Posted Image
Thanks BlazingFlare for the sig :)
"Miracles don't exist in this world. There are only inevitabilities, accidents, and choices you make... But sometimes, the outcome of your actions, which becomes inevitable, will overlap with accidents and fulfill your dream unexpectedly. I don't know if that can be called a miracle, but there's one thing I'm certain about: Nothing will happen if you don't wish for it."

OFFLINE   freddybins17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
To be honest, Kassadin is far to squishy to not get some beef. This is why I personally get RoA first, nothing gives as much early-mid game. Mana really shouldn't be an issue unless your harrasing people that can just regen your q's away.
All depends on your playstyle I suppose, so try out both and see what happens xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users