14 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Warl0ck

Quicker than a ray of light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1522 posts
  • Summoner Name:Warlock Nexus
  • Server:EU
Well , I bought Ezreal as soon as he came out, but i did not mained him.

First I was AD Ezreal cause i thought it was the best build ever.
But then i realized that in late game , i can do damage with my AA or with Mystic Shot.

Then I switched to AP Ezreal. Late game i pwned hard. My essence flux dealed +500 damage, my wrap helped me to get running champions and my barrage could take half of hp of my foes. Whats more interesting is that my AA and mystic shot combined with Lich Bane did almost the same amount of damage (50-/+) like my AD ezreal build.

(P.S.- tried hybrid build once, did not worked out well)

What are your thoughts on this?
Is AD ezreal viable?
What build suits you better?

OFFLINE   aBhorsen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
In theory, AP Ezreal should own AD. For some reason, maybe the stronger early game, AD Ezreal works very well. Alot of the top players seem to favour AD Ezreal.
Posted Image

Currently ranked #7 in the ESL Ladder
Finished 2nd in the LoL Tournament @ i40

OFFLINE   aznwang1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Among other nukers/casters, I have mained Ezreal before. I feel that AP is the only viable way to go. AD shines temporarily in early game because of its massive range (which I argue now because of nerfs) and high damage potential early on. That advantage sinks like a rock as the game progresses into the middle and especially late game phases. I do admit that AD is more forgiving. The mana cost and low cooldown on mystic shot is great for AD. Ultimately, AP is the way to go. Two words. Lich Bane.
AP Ezzy for me usually looks like:
Blue Crystal, 2x HP potions
Sorcerer's Boots (1)
Mejai Soulstealer (2)
Lich Bane (3)
Void Staff/Zhonya's Ring/Abyssal Scepter (4)
Situational (5)
Situational (6)
In my opinion, Ezreal has the highest potential late game AP. (1.3k line damage has GG pwned written all over it)

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

In theory, AP Ezreal should own AD. For some reason, maybe the stronger early game, AD Ezreal works very well. Alot of the top players seem to favour AD Ezreal.

Couldn't say it any better. I guess the synergy between Mystic Shot spam and his passive, gives him steady damage early on, though for that he gives away the option to buy almost no survivability items (Auto attack range)

OFFLINE   aBhorsen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
Oh and it is more than likely a bug but here is a sneaky pro tip. Guinsoo's stacks at twice the speed for some reason...
Posted Image

OFFLINE   BorutoRaikou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1317 posts
  • LocationSt. Davids PA
  • Summoner Name:BorutoRaikou
  • Server:US
Both builds are viable. I see a few hybrid ezreal's out there with trinity force and the like and they do alright. But I think AP is still good because his ult is still a .7 ratio which is really good for an ultimate, so what if he can't heal anymore. I think people like AD because it's a semi-easier playstyle but if you want pro kills get some AP and wait for an enemy to flee to unleash trueshot barrage in their general direction xD
Posted Image

Thanks Gene :)

OFFLINE   aBhorsen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
I've just done two builds and this is how i see it.

AP Ezreal is stronger, however the build needed for her is more expensive and more reliant on Mejai.

AD Ezreal is quicker to deal good damage and less reliant on snowballing.

I'd get Mana Crystal + 2 Health pots.

If by the first time back to base you have 2 kills, Go AP Ezreal. If not, Go AD.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   XxPyroxX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2665 posts

AP Ezreal is stronger, however the build needed for her is more expensive and more reliant on Mejai.

If by the first time back to base you have 2 kills, Go AP Ezreal. If not, Go AD.

I wouldn't do it that way. If you get Mejai's by he time team fights start you find yourself racking stacks from assists and some kills without noticing. As AP you can be much safer than AD, since the range you need to attack is larger. I use to main AP Ezreal, early I wouldn't be a killing machine, but I always ended up with more than 15 Mejai's stacks.

If you know your level, you'll know what to pick.

OFFLINE   NoobMachine

- A Robot.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

O_O Her?! Whoa, that makes sense.

Anyways, on-topic: Whenever Ez is free, i usually play him either hybrid or AP, AD is just plain boring. AD may give his Q a ton of damage, and its easier to faceroll, but it doesn't look pro, and lets face it, you didn't buy an all skillshot champ to auto-attack.

Plus, AP late game is just more awesome.

OFFLINE   aBhorsen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
My bad i call just about all champions 'her' for some reason. Pyro i just find that with Mejai sometimes (The games when you need it the most) you just can't get stacks so the safe constant damage of AD appeals to me.

This could be due to playing against stronger opponents so that A. They kill you more and B. They die less...

Also if in Solo Queue, AD allows you to push towers when you can't rely on your team to help you.

Oh and NoobMachine with a good AP build incld Lich Bane your Q actually does more damage with AP build. But like i said up top, on paper AP Ezreal is the only choice.
Posted Image

OFFLINE   FiveDigits

The Grim Squeaker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Summoner Name:FiveD
  • Server:EU

Oh and it is more than likely a bug but here is a sneaky pro tip. Guinsoo's stacks at twice the speed for some reason...

Both Rageblade and Tear of the Goddess/Archangels Staff gain two stacks per cast of Mystic Shot and Essence Flux. It's been like that for some time. Either Riot doesn't know about it or doesn't care. See my guide about that. It also includes an AD/AP/Hybrid comparison from my personal point of view.
SQUEAK!

OFFLINE   VIllanouz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
A little while ago, I mained AD ez. I enjoyed it, but Q was my main source of damage and my essence flux was really wasted.

So I saved up my IP, got some Magic Pen. Runes, Flat health quints, and so on. and started playing AP ez.

I love it, i find him much stronger and has a wider range of skills. Rylias gives him health, and Zhonyas gives him a 2 second NO DEATH window.

Though AD is better early on, AP still has my vote. BECAUSE of the fack that matches in ranked game RARELY last only 25 minutes and are usually way longer.

So given the time, getting a rod of ages and so on will be GREAT for any AP ez

OFFLINE   Hirsi325

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
AP > AD

There are 2 reasons:
- I nuke more than 1 target at one time
- 3 of 4 spells synergize with AP(4 of 4 with lichbane)

OFFLINE   DemStryka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
People like AD because its simply easier. As AP you need to rely on three skill shots to do damage (I don't count Arcane Shift as a straight skill shot since it homes in). As AD even if people miss with Mystic they know that they can auto attack and do damage. Its safer for most people.

I used to main Ezreal as AP before his nerfs. Then I played AD for a little bit. After picking him up again and going with AP, its too good in my opinion. If you have a good team, you will get Mejai's stacks so easily. His Ulti is too good with AP to pass up in my opinion, its so funny to start out a fight with it and have their entire team about half health or lower from it.
Posted Image
Thanks to BlazingFlare for the sig!

OFFLINE   Zmiler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
i think the reason why most top players play him ad is cos he is the best ranged dps carry and phys > magic dmg lategame
if you have 2 bloodthirsters or 1 and a black cleave you just pwn but for ap to be viable you either need a full mejais or zhonyas and another good ap item

why pick ez as caster when he lacks cc? thats the main reason for picking a caster the aoe dmg and the cc

ap ez cant push as good and cant farm as good
in teamfights you have w and ulti and then w is on cd and untill you have enough ap and a lich bane to do the same dmg with q its already lategame and never underestimate the lifesteal ad ez has and how fast he can take a turrent down

+ you can auto attack and focus someone down you cant with ap
Posted Image

Thanks to Garona for making the sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users