Nidalee Runes

12 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Distrusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I was reading some guides earlier to try and figure out which runes would best benefit Nidalee,but there were too many variations in the guides and I got confused. :o So what runes do you use and how effective are they?

OFFLINE   spoing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Magic pen
dodge
magic resist
flat HP

But has been awhile
*Insert big bloomy picture here*
LoL addict since a year.

OFFLINE   Distrusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Magic pen
dodge
magic resist
flat HP

But has been awhile

Are all of her abilities, besides Primal Surge, affected by Magic Pen?

OFFLINE   spoing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hmm, spear is, but dunno about the others. I think takedown isnt
*Insert big bloomy picture here*
LoL addict since a year.

OFFLINE   Distrusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ohhh, okay. Thanks. :o

OFFLINE   Lauzibooy

The bird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Summoner Name:lauzibooy
  • Server:EU
you probably should include if you're going AP or AD and how you build in general

OFFLINE   Eladir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
The question you ask doesn't lead to a definite answer. It depends on how you intend to build Nidalee and what her role will be in the team.

Personally, I main Nidalee and I exclusively go AP, more of a support specially if the game goes long. I get flap AP quints, MPen reds, Dodge yellows, AP/lvl blues with the standard 9/0/21 masteries with improved both Flash and Clarity.

The reasoning behind it is, early in the game you gonna decide what skill you gonna invest into, either Q-Spear or E-Heal. Q if the opponent lane is squishy without health restoring abilities, E if they are harassing or you harassing has no point (like against Taric, Soraka). Combined with your Improved Clarity, you'll practically never run out of mana and care only for enemies bursting you down. Either way, in order to be strong early (Nidalee is one of the strongest champions early-mid) you gonna need that flat AP. You get Dodge yellows for survivin, armor or hp/lvl might also work, MPen in order for that Spear to do some dmg early and blues AP/lvl so that you improve what you scale into late game.

Per lvl runes with Nid are mostly a good idea since she can lane forever and farm her way to lvl 18 quickly, specially if she mids or solo lanes against 2 (gotten 18 in under 25min).

PS: After Doran's first item you should always get is Rageblade, with maxed stacks and lvl'ed Q, your spear will be deadly, taking out like 40% hp against squishy champs like Ryze, TF etc. That is early, mid to late game you can't rely on Spear for dmg, you need Lichbane to combo in Cougar.

OFFLINE   Rapid99

Dança da Morte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Summoner Name:Rapid99
  • Server:US
It's as most people say. Magic Pen runes are deffinatelly the way to go on Marks. All of Nidalee's abilities besides her normal auto attacks / your takedown modifier are Magic Damage and Scale with AP / hit harder with Magic Pen.

Dodge Seals is a good idea since it adds that extra survivability someone as squishy as Nidalee needs to be able to use her can form-offense without falling to a stiff breeze. Though I myself use Health-Per Level as it helps against all damage types, rather than just auto-attacks.

Cooldown Reduction is great on Glyphs since heals with less cooldown is always lovely, coupled with the fact that everything in Cat-Form costs no mana, so spamming these more often is a must.

For Quints I usually take Cooldown Reduction as it takes you to a solid 10%, which is easy to work with when trying to reach the CD Reduction Cap, though I do take Flat Health every now and then if I'm feeling a little sluggish and think I might need it to make up for a lapse in judgement or two early-game.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Kaiokhen

#1 Broken English

• Administrators
  • 4693 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Summoner Name:Kaiokhen
Yellow: dodge or hp per lvl
Blue: flat cdr
Red: magic pen
Quints 3x flat hp

And it rocks :D

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Follow --- >Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < --- For Latest News

OFFLINE   JukeBox

あくまで執事

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
magic pen certainly is nice for offense, but wouldn't it be wiser just to take AP runes since it affects both spear AND heal?

OFFLINE   Blastoderm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador
  • Summoner Name:AnaIBlast

magic pen certainly is nice for offense, but wouldn't it be wiser just to take AP runes since it affects both spear AND heal?

Most likely the opposing team will stack magic resist, so there you need the magic pen to stabilize your damage and avoid a drastic reduction to your damage. And imo AP/lvl is enough for her to nuke at mid game.
Posted Image
Credits to NicemateXD for this awesome signature :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Credits to Kaiokhen for these great stamps.

OFFLINE   Distrusive

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

The question you ask doesn't lead to a definite answer. It depends on how you intend to build Nidalee and what her role will be in the team.

Personally, I main Nidalee and I exclusively go AP, more of a support specially if the game goes long. I get flap AP quints, MPen reds, Dodge yellows, AP/lvl blues with the standard 9/0/21 masteries with improved both Flash and Clarity.

The reasoning behind it is, early in the game you gonna decide what skill you gonna invest into, either Q-Spear or E-Heal. Q if the opponent lane is squishy without health restoring abilities, E if they are harassing or you harassing has no point (like against Taric, Soraka). Combined with your Improved Clarity, you'll practically never run out of mana and care only for enemies bursting you down. Either way, in order to be strong early (Nidalee is one of the strongest champions early-mid) you gonna need that flat AP. You get Dodge yellows for survivin, armor or hp/lvl might also work, MPen in order for that Spear to do some dmg early and blues AP/lvl so that you improve what you scale into late game.

Per lvl runes with Nid are mostly a good idea since she can lane forever and farm her way to lvl 18 quickly, specially if she mids or solo lanes against 2 (gotten 18 in under 25min).

PS: After Doran's first item you should always get is Rageblade, with maxed stacks and lvl'ed Q, your spear will be deadly, taking out like 40% hp against squishy champs like Ryze, TF etc. That is early, mid to late game you can't rely on Spear for dmg, you need Lichbane to combo in Cougar.

I build her mainly with the basics. Doran's Ring -> (Soul stealer if I'm doing good) -> Rageblade -> Zhonya's/Lichbane/Rylai's -> Other situational items.

I play more aggresively, so I usually use her a damage, but I do heal a lot also. So with the way I build her, would AP per level Red runes and AP Quints be more beneficial, or would the Magic Penetration Reds and HP or AP Quints be best?

OFFLINE   Split4ss

I'm imbalanced >.>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Summoner Name:Split4ss
  • Server:EU
I disagree on taking magic penetration runes on Nidalee...
Yes: Javelin Toss, Pounce / Bushwack and Swipe deal magic damage
But on the other hand her biggest (only early game - lvl 1 cougar form) burst and finishing move - Takedown - deals physical damage
and Lichbane procs deal physical damage...as you don't want to itemize for armor penetration i'd get magic penetration / reduction through items and armor penetration marks, which will improves your ranged auto attacks -> early game harassment. I often add armor penetration quints for an even heftier "takedown" ...(they shine in combination with rageblade...)

Always get Archaic Knowlege and cooldown masteries + I'd recommend flat cooldown reduction glyphs

[Edit] Well i can see the point of magic penetration lategame and those runes are by no means a bad choice...but armor penetration runes really help giving my Nidalee the edge in the early stages of the game...
if you have them both just test them. :D
[Edit2] As you start off with rageblade give it a try with sheen as second item..works for me. But i must say i just played her that way due to "gut feeling" and midgame magic penetration may be superior. :P
I'll do some math on her full combo later...didn't optimize my build yet (but it worked fine so far^^)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users