Whats High-Elo Considered?

31 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Ultimate Tyranno

RAWR! I'm a Senior Member!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Okay, so.... I've been playing for a long time...

Honestly. My Elo is 1041. I know that this isn't considered "high-elo", but I play with a lot of higher ELO friends ThunderZZZZ, Shengon, BlitzcriegSnitch. Just to name a couple. So I consider myself high ELO, because I play with them constantly. I used to Solo-Queue a lot so that's probably what's wrong with my Elo.

I just recently aquired a positive W/L ratio.

What happens in REALLY high Elo games? Like 1700+

OFFLINE   HarmfulHero

I'm a /dance fiend. BE MY FRIEND!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
IDK either. I don't care for ELO. As long as I'm playing and having fun. People can bitch about ELO all they want and say omg I'm (insert number here) higher than you. I know I'm not a bad player. And the way ELO is calculated isn't exactly fair either. Too many variables that are unaccounted for.
Posted Image

In Bandle City, Shrooms plant Teemo!

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Summoner Name:Trollebus
  • Server:US
Teamfight at level 1, all choke points are always warded, baron is done early if there's Shaco, Heimer or Warwick in either team, people actually care for Dragon, and there are always support champions.

And the hardest thing to be dealt with: roaming gank squads from mid-game onwards. Because outer turrets of both sides have already been destroyed, you cannot go too far to farm, so the jungle is almost always emptied. Generally both teams are doing it, so there's lots of team clashes going on.

That's my experience frmo back in the day when I was about 1550 and playing almost solely with > 1750 pals.

Vacations are over now so our schedules don't meet and I've been forced to solo queue :

Posted Image

OFFLINE   HarmfulHero

I'm a /dance fiend. BE MY FRIEND!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Teamfight at level 1, all choke points are always warded, baron is done early if there's Shaco, Heimer or Warwick in either team, people actually care for Dragon, and there are always support champions.

And the hardest thing to be dealt with: roaming gank squads from mid-game onwards. Because outer turrets of both sides have already been destroyed, you cannot go too far to farm, so the jungle is almost always emptied. Generally both teams are doing it, so there's lots of team clashes going on.

That's my experience frmo back in the day when I was about 1550 and playing almost solely with > 1750 pals.

Vacations are over now so our schedules don't meet and I've been forced to solo queue :

LULZ! I always get Dragonz! Seriously! Mah eloz is insanez then!
Posted Image

In Bandle City, Shrooms plant Teemo!

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
I know you did if for teh lulz, but one thing is to do dragon and a whole lotta different one is to place a vision ward there so you not only have it warded, you also destory the enemy ward.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Miya

Rockstar

• miya
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Summoner Name:Miyabi xD
Well the thing here is that no one really cares what high elo is, nuff said =D
Oh wait some kids are serious bear, well then, 1800+ or you're a joke

OFFLINE   Shengon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationWest US
  • Summoner Name:Shengon

... but I play with a lot of higher ELO friends ThunderZZZZ, Shengon, BlitzcriegSnitch. Just to name a couple...

I feel so honored :blush:
My elo was ~ 1430 when last I checked about a week ago...

But anyhow, it's basically been summed up already what happens by Trollebus. Play with people like Heartigan, he knows what he's doing. For me, when I'm playing a comfort-zone champ I usually do fine, but playing with pros makes me do better (puts me into a pro mindset). Hope you can improve your setbacks <3

Edit: Snitch is definateky not high elo lol :(
Posted Image
Spoiler

OFFLINE   Miya

Rockstar

• miya
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Exactly, but people always say anyone that does good is high elo, I mean, I carried the leaguecraft mods including the legendary morde player hns and still I don't say I'm high elo =D
Play for fun not for epenis

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
Have in mind that not everyone strives not to lose to grow an e-penis, there are people that care for winning, and therefore their ELO, because they actually want to get to a higher level of game than the one where they currently are.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   Miya

Rockstar

• miya
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Well honestly I roam around at 1600-1700 elo when I get serious about LoL but I've really lost interest lol
I am simply trying to say you SHOULD stop trying so hard to get a higher elo aimlessly XD

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
The "aimlessly" there is purely your interpretation.

Then again I've also lost interest in LoL to some extent because I feel it lacks depth. I guess that's why I'm looking into getting serious about it and working my way up to a higher level of game.

If anything, Starcraft II and Tekken should take most of my gaming time in the next few weeks.

Posted Image

OFFLINE   ElderKingpin

Pianist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
i remember somewhere that doing fully arranged teams or partially arranged teams get slightly different ELO, higher ELO that is

I also went on a 4 win streak and when i checked my ELO, it went down >.>

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

OFFLINE   Coward

Gigantic Tager!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
It's true. The grind to High ELO is quite like the old PvP grind in WoW. It'll burn you out on the game very fast, and quite possibly make you sick of it. I separate days between ranked and MM.

Granted, I have no choice, since my only way to play Ranked is on my housemates account at the moment. And I'm always a sucker for competitive play, so I'll likely get pulled in to it.

OFFLINE   Miya

Rockstar

• miya
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3168 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I think that if you have to aim hard to get games that are competitive at all then you shouldn't play LoL
If you want a real competitive AoS there are easily many other alternatives that aren't seeking a 8 year old fanbase ;x
Honestly

OFFLINE   Trollebus

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
But you've gotta agree at least Riot is doing their part for the competitive aspect in having a 150,000 dollars (IIRC) tournament going on.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users